Are white deaths more important than those of other races ?

ISIS massacre 16 Real Madrid fans at supporters club

This incident happened a few days ago and has hardly been reported on.

I might be a bit cynical but if this had happened in Madrid rather than Baghdad then 24 hour rolling news would be camped out there for weeks.

Our ignorance of what is going on in the world is fed by a news agenda that operates on a racist level.
What the fuck makes you think it has anything to do with color?

You anti-white racists are constantly jumping to conclusions. It's like you have tunnel vision.

This a forgone conclusion in the Black community. The media never really highlights missing Black girls in the same manner they highlight missing white girls.
And I never understood why that occurs.
We do. We know its for the same reason BLM exists.
When I lived in California, L.A. area, there were efforts to identify and locate any and all children.

I'm in Maryland now and have seen the same effort, but as I said, it has not been a concerted effort and I do find it revealing.

I agree it is shameful.
I guess I am speaking more on a national level. The only time I can remember there being news coverage on Black children nationally is when they discovered there was a serial killer in Atlanta.
I get local amber alerts and it is rare that they are related to black children.

I hope it is because they are least likely to be affected. Which would be a good thing.

I live in an area that is highly diverse and we all look out for each other's children, know who they are, and protect them as if they were our own.

It's a transient area due to Ft. Meade and it's hard to know who's coming and going.
Have you ever heard of Rilya alerts?

When I lived in California, L.A. area, there were efforts to identify and locate any and all children.

I'm in Maryland now and have seen the same effort, but as I said, it has not been a concerted effort and I do find it revealing.

I agree it is shameful.
I guess I am speaking more on a national level. The only time I can remember there being news coverage on Black children nationally is when they discovered there was a serial killer in Atlanta.
I get local amber alerts and it is rare that they are related to black children.

I hope it is because they are least likely to be affected. Which would be a good thing.

I live in an area that is highly diverse and we all look out for each other's children, know who they are, and protect them as if they were our own.

It's a transient area due to Ft. Meade and it's hard to know who's coming and going.
No I haven't, but I will look into it.

Thanks

I agree it is shameful.

42%. That is astounding.

Thank you again.

I will stay aware.

Yes I did a bit.The point is that the poor souls in Brussels meant as much to me as those in Baghdad. the tragedy is the tragedy, the location is incidental.

Interesting, I have more of an emotional attachment to people I know or have things in common.
I think thats natural. But I can empathise with the Brussels victims because I have flown from that airport and I can empathise with the Iraqis because I have sat down with friends to watch a game. Both shocking events but only one gets coverage.

Probably the most accurate answer is in America the 25-51 white male is the demographic driving ad sales in news shows.

This a forgone conclusion in the Black community. The media never really highlights missing Black girls in the same manner they highlight missing white girls.

I agree it is shameful.

I dont know the numbers but it seems to me they go missing more often than white girls. Maybe I notice it more because i am Black.

I might be a bit cynical but if this had happened in Madrid rather than Baghdad then 24 hour rolling news would be camped out there for weeks.

Our ignorance of what is going on in the world is fed by a news agenda that operates on a racist level.

The media is Progressive. The Progs want Islam to be mainstreamed into the West whether it's good for the westerners or not. Ergo they refrain from publishing anything that opens the eyes of the westerners.
That doesnt add up though.Brussels got massive attention and so did Paris before it. I know that they are closer to home but even so a death is a death whatever the victims colour.
Taking politics out of it any natural disasters get coverage in relation to the victims skin colour.
A flood in the UK with people just getting wet feet is more important than 100s drowning in Bangladesh.

What's more important news for you, a massive wildfire on the other side of the world or a smallish one in your living room?

Thats not the case here though. Brussels is as remote to me as Baghdad although I have visited Brussels on many occasions.
Two horrific events but only one gets coverage.
There was also that story of those Nigerian schoolgirls being kidnapped. Interest in that died off quickly.

You mean YOU lost interest quickly.

I think thats natural. But I can empathise with the Brussels victims because I have flown from that airport and I can empathise with the Iraqis because I have sat down with friends to watch a game. Both shocking events but only one gets coverage.

Frankly, I would rather see positive news stories. I am well aware a great number of bad things are out there. Another factor might be Iraq is a war torn area, I sort of expect bad things to happen there, but less so in Britain or the US.

Probably the most accurate answer is in America the 25-51 white male is the demographic driving ad sales in news shows.

"A 2005 Scripps Howard Study found that 67% of the cases covered by the media involved white children. “White children accounted for 67 percent of AP’s missing-children coverage and for 76 percent of CNN‘s. But they represented only 53 percent of the 37,665 cases reported to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children during the same period.”"

I agree it is shameful.

I dont know the numbers but it seems to me they go missing more often than white girls. Maybe I notice it more because i am Black.
42% is unacceptable.

I appreciate you letting me in on it. She is a pretty girl and it is unfortunate.

OG-AC772_missin_G_20141009155905.jpg

America’s Missing Persons by Age, Race and Gender

You are right on a percentage basis, but not on total number.

Yes I did a bit.The point is that the poor souls in Brussels meant as much to me as those in Baghdad. the tragedy is the tragedy, the location is incidental.

Interesting, I have more of an emotional attachment to people I know or have things in common.

How do you know about it if it got no coverage?

The media is Progressive. The Progs want Islam to be mainstreamed into the West whether it's good for the westerners or not. Ergo they refrain from publishing anything that opens the eyes of the westerners.
That doesnt add up though.Brussels got massive attention and so did Paris before it. I know that they are closer to home but even so a death is a death whatever the victims colour.
Taking politics out of it any natural disasters get coverage in relation to the victims skin colour.
A flood in the UK with people just getting wet feet is more important than 100s drowning in Bangladesh.

What's more important news for you, a massive wildfire on the other side of the world or a smallish one in your living room?

Thats not the case here though. Brussels is as remote to me as Baghdad although I have visited Brussels on many occasions.
Two horrific events but only one gets coverage.
There was also that story of those Nigerian schoolgirls being kidnapped. Interest in that died off quickly.

You mean YOU lost interest quickly.
Nope. There are still 200 of them still missing. The "world" lost interest, or the news agenda moved on. The Nigerian government lost interest very quickly. I just dont think they would have been forgotten if they had been French or Dutch. Do you ?

There is a world crisis on almost a daily basis. The news media moves on to the newest ones. Again, human nature.

OG-AC772_missin_G_20141009155905.jpg

America’s Missing Persons by Age, Race and Gender

You are right on a percentage basis, but not on total number.
Why do a higher % of black people go missing ? Kids I would imagine looking at the graph.
Looks like this graph includes adults as well as kids. I notice specifically white female children get way more media coverage than anyone else.

Forum List

Back