CDZ Are we teaching our children the right things?

Good gawd.

When I say "teaching", I'm not talking about....

Oh, never mind.
Yes we know what you're talking about.
You're talking about state supervision of parenting, and the authority for the state to investigate what people *teach* their children at home, to make *sure* they aren't teaching them *bad* stuff. Got it.

Schools should teach the things our kids need to get skills for a better job and future in this country.

Teaching them MORALITY...........or POLITICAL BELIEFS.........well............is BS.............

That should be up to the kids and the parents that raise them.......NOT the schools...........
No, the schools aren't teaching that at all.
As the plummeting test scores nationwide and the woeful stupidity of college kids attest.

Last edited:
Leftists are teaching their children, and ours, that facts don't matter, science is whatever they say it is, and that you are evil if you disagree with them.

Leftists are teaching their children, and ours, that facts don't matter, science is whatever they say it is, and that you are evil if you disagree with them.
And when you hear one say "we need to be able to monitor the way you teach your children, because we're afraid you might be teaching them to hate us" what they really mean is "Your teaching conflicts with the garbage being preached in the schools, therefore we want to take your children."

Good gawd.

Oh, never mind.
You're talking about state supervision of parenting, and the authority for the state to investigate what people *teach* their children at home, to make *sure* they aren't teaching them *bad* stuff. Got it.
Um, no. Not even close.

Holy crap. You folks are really, really, really programmed to think in very specific ways.

Good gawd.

Oh, never mind.
Um, no. Not even close.

Holy crap. You folks are really, really, really programmed to think in very specific ways.
I've asked multiple times in this thread for some specifics. You folks refuse to answer because you know exactly what you're promoting.

State control over parenting...but nobody can come up with an *example* of parents *teaching their kids to murder* people or what would be an indicator that it is actually taking place.

So let me ask you...how would you know that a family is teaching their kids to murder and whatever else it was that the OP came up with? Who is going to *check* families to make sure they aren't doing it..and what would constitute "teaching to murder"?

So far nobody has answered. Because in reality, you know that this isn't about preventing parents from turning their children into killing machines. It's about a totalitarian government that monitors people in their homes for the purpose of removing their kids from them, so the kids can be indoctrinated away from any of the culture or religion that leftists despise.

Good gawd.

Oh, never mind.
Um, no. Not even close.

I've asked multiple times in this thread for some specifics. You folks refuse to answer because you know exactly what you're promoting.

State control over parenting...but nobody can come up with an *example* of parents *teaching their kids to murder* people or what would be an indicator that it is actually taking place.

So let me ask you...how would you know that a family is teaching their kids to murder and whatever else it was that the OP came up with? Who is going to *check* families to make sure they aren't doing it..and what would constitute "teaching to murder"?

So far nobody has answered. Because in reality, you know that this isn't about preventing parents from turning their children into killing machines. It's about a totalitarian government that monitors people in their homes for the purpose of removing their kids from them, so the kids can be indoctrinated away from any of the culture or religion that leftists despise.
I'm talking about our culture. Not schools or education or politics. I'm talking about what it does to our children when they see us screaming at each other, calling each other names, pointing the finger at the other side, mocking each other, fabricating/distorting the positions of others, refusing to communicate, being tribal, and being nasty to those who dare to disagree with us.

I think it's bad for them to see our behaviors. And then we expect THEM to behave.

That's my only point.

Good gawd.

Oh, never mind.
Um, no. Not even close.

I'm talking about our culture. Not schools or education or politics. I'm talking about what it does to our children when they see us screaming at each other, calling each other names, pointing the finger at the other side, mocking each other, fabricating/distorting the positions of others, refusing to communicate, being tribal, and being nasty to those who dare to disagree with us.

I think it's bad for them to see our behaviors. And then we expect THEM to behave.

That's my only point.

but that begins with what has been being taught in our schools for decades. No one who was given a good education should look at say this Russian collusion nonsense and say "you know what despite all the obvious facts I believe the Obama Administration acted fairly and honestly and that yes Trump is an agent of Russia"

If you believe those two things, whichever school you went to failed you .

Good gawd.

Oh, never mind.
Um, no. Not even close.

That's my only point.

Unfortunately the state has been telling the last two generations of kids that any feeling they have is valid, that every feeling they have trumps reality, that they have a *right* to act like animals and perverts, that they have a *right* to demand others cater to their demands, and that they have a *right* to be supported by others. They are also being taught that if they have bad feelings or think bad thoughts, it's someone else's fault. They are taught to be suspicious of the culture of their parents, and to cleave to anti-American ideologies...

Good gawd.

Oh, never mind.
Um, no. Not even close.

That's my only point.

but that begins with what has been being taught in our schools for decades. No one who was given a good education should look at say this Russian collusion nonsense and say "you know what despite all the obvious facts I believe the Obama Administration acted fairly and honestly and that yes Trump is an agent of Russia"

I'm talking about behaviors, things that we, and only we, can control.

Pointing the finger at the other side, as I mentioned, is one of them.

I mean you know your educational system has failed when even engineers, who are supposed to be most logical of us, stop using logic and or facts to form their opinions, and then yes when those folks get to screaming it's quite frustrating to try to have a civil debate with someone is either dishonest, stupid, or both and believes their opinion is as valid as anyone elses.

Um, no. Not even close.

That's my only point.

What behaviors would those be?

The best 2 options are corporal punishment and a free scrib to Peter Norths site for sex ed.
Less idiots by accident

I do the same thing my father did.
Let them think for themselves.
We've put a lot of effort into teaching our kids to ask questions, listen, think for themselves. But it's a real battle, because the culture just isn't like that right now.

When my dad grew up it was the 60's and "questioning authority" was trendy. The "liberals" in those days were not trying to promote the interests of the state. They were trying to undermine it.

Now the libturds see themselves as "the state" and questioning it has become criminal in whatever sphincter functions as their "minds"

The culture can be changed, in some cases it seems to follow natural trends rather than the deliberate manipulation of it.

I don't believe libturds represent the quantity of people we are led to believe they do. I think they're mostly a gaggle of loud mouthed malcontents and drones. I see them losing political power in a disastrous fashion in the very near future the more they push against "the silent majority" that has been anything but silent.

They refuse to listen.

I could be wrong though, the meat puppet faggot did get re-elected.

Well, I don't see much listening being practiced by either end of the spectrum.

Right now, we're doing little more than firing talking points back and forth.

Time usually spent listening and considering is now used for formulating the next attack.

In one sense we have a greater ability to self isolate into echo chambers, and instead of listening TO others we are listening to pundits TELLING us about others.

Um, no. Not even close.

That's my only point.

Listed pretty clearly, to you, in post 127.

That's my only point.

You don't list any behavior. Try again.

What *behaviors* are you talking about, that are *our* fault?

That's my only point.

Would you agree that outright ignoring facts while screaming your opinion at others is a pretty big reason why we are so uncivil to each other? And yes both sides CAN do that, but one side does it far more than the other.

That's my only point.

You don't list any behavior. Try again.

What *behaviors* are you talking about, that are *our* fault?
I don't know what to say here.

I listed several in post 127.

Are they not showing up on your screen?

That's my only point.

Would you agree that outright ignoring facts while screaming your opinion at others is a pretty big reason why we are so uncivil to each other? And yes both sides CAN do that, but one side does it far more than the other.
Yes, both sides do that, and as long as both sides do it, they should clean their own house before blaming the other.

Like adults usually would.

Yes, both sides do that, and as long as both sides do it, they should clean their own house before blaming the other.

Like adults usually would.

And that happens on ONE side Mac, and you know it does. Trump , for example, gets called out by other Republicans for his every bad behavior. Have you ever seen Pelosi, for example, get called out by other Democrats for hers? Hell no. On this board, I have myself called out other conservatives for theirs, and seen other conservatives say "that's not true" or whatever. I've NEVER yet seen a liberal call out another liberal poster.

I can think of SEVERAL times where myself , or other conservative posters have posted negatively about Republican politicians. I challenge you to find me a SINGLE example of a liberal poster saying "damn AOC said something stupid there" or anything remotely similar. I won't hold my breath because said post doesn't exist.

Forum List

Back