CDZ Are we teaching our children the right things?

As this country becomes more and more polarized, is this infecting our children too?

Should we be teaching them to shun and avoid people who don't think like we do?

Seems to me that young people should always be curious and open to new ideas. The only way to do that is by communicating with people face to face, in real life.

Is that what we're doing, or would this now be considered a bad idea?

I remember when the movie Gosnell came out. Many parents said that they would take their children to see it. Of course, Progressives thought this was just horrible because children need to decide such issues for themselves. But then I got to thinking, where else will they hear the other side? Most people I know have never even heard of Dr. Gosnell, thanks to a Left wing media and school system that promotes Left wing thinking.

Can anyone imagine children being paraded in the streets during school time to protest abortion? LMAO!

Nope, just to protest guns is all.

They do.

School Children Protest Against Abortion

Montclair abortion clinic closes doors after more than 30 years – San Bernardino Sun

It's a child, not a choice - CNN

I'm talking about behaviors, things that we, and only we, can control.

Pointing the finger at the other side, as I mentioned, is one of them.

What behaviors would those be?
Listed pretty clearly, to you, in post 127.

Would you agree that outright ignoring facts while screaming your opinion at others is a pretty big reason why we are so uncivil to each other? And yes both sides CAN do that, but one side does it far more than the other.
Yes, both sides do that, and as long as both sides do it, they should clean their own house before blaming the other.

Like adults usually would.

And that happens on ONE side Mac, and you know it does. Trump , for example, gets called out by other Republicans for his every bad behavior. Have you ever seen Pelosi, for example, get called out by other Democrats for hers? Hell no. On this board, I have myself called out other conservatives for theirs, and seen other conservatives say "that's not true" or whatever. I've NEVER yet seen a liberal call out another liberal poster.

I can think of SEVERAL times where myself , or other conservative posters have posted negatively about Republican politicians. I challenge you to find me a SINGLE example of a liberal poster saying "damn AOC said something stupid there" or anything remotely similar. I won't hold my breath because said post doesn't exist.
And I have people on the other side saying it's all your fault.

They don't see anything their tribe is doing wrong.

Therein lies the problem.

Would you agree that outright ignoring facts while screaming your opinion at others is a pretty big reason why we are so uncivil to each other? And yes both sides CAN do that, but one side does it far more than the other.
Yes, both sides do that, and as long as both sides do it, they should clean their own house before blaming the other.

And that happens on ONE side Mac, and you know it does. Trump , for example, gets called out by other Republicans for his every bad behavior. Have you ever seen Pelosi, for example, get called out by other Democrats for hers? Hell no. On this board, I have myself called out other conservatives for theirs, and seen other conservatives say "that's not true" or whatever. I've NEVER yet seen a liberal call out another liberal poster.

I can think of SEVERAL times where myself , or other conservative posters have posted negatively about Republican politicians. I challenge you to find me a SINGLE example of a liberal poster saying "damn AOC said something stupid there" or anything remotely similar. I won't hold my breath because said post doesn't exist.

Yeah the problem is they are liars. I ask again , can you or can you not think of examples of Republicans calling out Donald Trump when he does or says something stupid or offensive? Of course you can. Now, can you think of examples of Democrats calling out Nancy Pelosi when she does or says something stupid? Of course you can not.

I'm not asking about what others have told you. I'm asking what you yourself have observed.

Same thing with posters on this board. I'm asking you, have you observed conservatives calling out other conservatives ? Have you observed liberals calling out other liberals?

The answer is yes about conservatives, and no about liberals. Because liberals are not allowed to have varying opinions.

Yeah the problem is they are liars. I ask again , can you or can you not think of examples of Republicans calling out Donald Trump when he does or says something stupid or offensive? Of course you can. Now, can you think of examples of Democrats calling out Nancy Pelosi when she does or says something stupid? Of course you can not.

I'm not asking about what others have told you. I'm asking what you yourself have observed.

Same thing with posters on this board. I'm asking you, have you observed conservatives calling out other conservatives ? Have you observed liberals calling out other liberals?

The answer is yes about conservatives, and no about liberals. Because liberals are not allowed to have varying opinions.
What I have observed is as follows: Both ends of the spectrum, every single day, top to bottom, exhibiting the following behaviors:
  • Personal insults
  • Name calling
  • Mocking
  • Straw Man arguments
  • Hyperbole
  • Deflection
  • Hypocrisy
  • Distortion
  • Obtuseness
  • Intellectual Myopia
  • Tribalism
  • Outright lies
Which one is "worse"? I truly don't care when it's coming out of both ends like water from a fire hose.

And to the point of this thread, our kids are watching us, they're behaving like us, and it's our fault. Not "the other guy's" fault. Not those guys, over there. We are responsible for our own behaviors.

What I have observed is as follows: Both ends of the spectrum, every single day, top to bottom, exhibiting the following behaviors:
  • Personal insults
  • Name calling
  • Mocking
  • Straw Man arguments
  • Hyperbole
  • Deflection
  • Hypocrisy
  • Distortion
  • Intellectual Myopia
  • Tribalism
  • Outright lies
Which one is "worse"? I truly don't care when it's coming out of both ends like water from a fire hose.

And to the point of this thread, our kids are watching us, they're behaving like us, and it's our fault. Not "the other guy's" fault. Not those guys, over there. We are responsible for our own behaviors.

We're not talking about which side is worse Mac, we're talking about one side at least has a few people who attempt to police their own, and the other side has NONE, and THAT is what leads to uncivil behavior sir.

See even the very nature of this thread, I am in here telling you YES CONSERVATIVES ACT BADLY TOO , and is there a single leftist in here acknowledging that ? NO. You just said so yourself "they don't think their tribe is doing anything wrong"

Take the shut down, as an example. There were plenty plenty of people both in Congress, out in the real world and on this board who are conservatives who were saying things like "Trump is just being a baby here too" as they likewise called out Pelosi and Democrats, but not one time in that 35 day did I see ANY leftist dare to criticize Pelosi, nope just pretended like Trump was the devil and Nancy was trying to be perfectly reasonable even as the facts actually proved that Trump was offering deals and it was Pelosi who simply stated "I don't care what you offer, you aren't getting your wall" which any reasonable person would acknowledge is anything but trying to negotiate.

In short Mac if you aren't capable and or willing to acknowledge the disparate attitudes between leftists and conservatives you are the LAST person who should have started this thread.

but that begins with what has been being taught in our schools for decades. No one who was given a good education should look at say this Russian collusion nonsense and say "you know what despite all the obvious facts I believe the Obama Administration acted fairly and honestly and that yes Trump is an agent of Russia"

If you believe those two things, whichever school you went to failed you .

You don't list any behavior. Try again.

What *behaviors* are you talking about, that are *our* fault?
I don't know what to say here.

I listed several in post 127.

Are they not showing up on your screen?

Who is screaming and pointing fingers? I'm asking for a specific example of it.

• Personal insults
  • Name calling
  • Mocking
  • Straw Man arguments
  • Hyperbole
  • Deflection
  • Hypocrisy
  • Distortion
  • Intellectual Myopia
  • Tribalism
  • Outright lies

We're not talking about which side is worse Mac, we're talking about one side at least has a few people who attempt to police their own, and the other side has NONE, and THAT is what leads to uncivil behavior sir.

See even the very nature of this thread, I am in here telling you YES CONSERVATIVES ACT BADLY TOO , and is there a single leftist in here acknowledging that ? NO. You just said so yourself "they don't think their tribe is doing anything wrong"

Take the shut down, as an example. There were plenty plenty of people both in Congress, out in the real world and on this board who are conservatives who were saying things like "Trump is just being a baby here too" as they likewise called out Pelosi and Democrats, but not one time in that 35 day did I see ANY leftist dare to criticize Pelosi, nope just pretended like Trump was the devil and Nancy was trying to be perfectly reasonable even as the facts actually proved that Trump was offering deals and it was Pelosi who simply stated "I don't care what you offer, you aren't getting your wall" which any reasonable person would acknowledge is anything but trying to negotiate.

In short Mac if you aren't capable and or willing to acknowledge the disparate attitudes between leftists and conservatives you are the LAST person who should have started this thread.
Leftists maintain that every time they behave badly, it's because we forced them to do so.

Then when we tell them they're behaving badly, that's us pointing fingers.

And if we dare to defend ourselves, then we're setting a bad example for our kids.

Meanwhile, in the schools, the kids are taught to spy on their parents, to reject their faith, to reject their culture, to embrace statism, to have sex and hide it from their parents, to get abortions...

But yeah, we're to blame for the fact that the kids being churned out of our schools are fucking clueless monsters.

• Personal insults
  • Name calling
  • Mocking
  • Straw Man arguments
  • Hyperbole
  • Deflection
  • Hypocrisy
  • Distortion
  • Intellectual Myopia
  • Tribalism
  • Outright lies

I'd then suggest that you don't read my posts. Thanks.

Wingers on both ends.

If you really can't see that, there is no amount of examples I can provide that would make a dent.

Believe whatever you'd like.

• Personal insults
  • Name calling
  • Mocking
  • Straw Man arguments
  • Hyperbole
  • Deflection
  • Hypocrisy
  • Distortion
  • Intellectual Myopia
  • Tribalism
  • Outright lies

That you don't want someone who points out the flaws in your logic reading your posts is of little concern to me.

Wingers on both ends.

If you really can't see that, there is no amount of examples I can provide that would make a dent.

Believe whatever you'd like.

So you aren't going to provide any examples.

That's fine. That means that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I know that when I make a thread about people's behavior, I have at least a couple of examples on hand to illustrate.

You don't. Which makes you, and anything you have to say, suspect, and meh.

I raised a young person who, for some reason I can't fathom, is much more open and stable than I ever was.

Kids have a way of taking what little we give them and building something great out of it. Just trust them.

I dunno, The Hitler Youth comes to mind. Kids are malleable and more open to new ideas. That's what makes them great! It's also what can cause them to be evil. (not commenting on you personally fncceo) your post got me to thinking.
You make an excellent point. However, if I remember my history lessons correctly, the "Hitler Youth" were not too keen on individual thought. There is where the key resides. We should, above all else, teach our children to be extremely wary of "group think". If a group wants everyone to think the same, they are likely headed down a very dark path, and should be avoided. Conversely, if a group values individual thought, and expression of varied ideas, they are likely going somewhere worth considering.

I raised a young person who, for some reason I can't fathom, is much more open and stable than I ever was.

Kids have a way of taking what little we give them and building something great out of it. Just trust them.

I dunno, The Hitler Youth comes to mind. Kids are malleable and more open to new ideas. That's what makes them great! It's also what can cause them to be evil. (not commenting on you personally fncceo) your post got me to thinking.
You make an excellent point. However, if I remember my history lessons correctly, the "Hitler Youth" were not too keen on individual thought. There is where the key resides. We should, above all else, teach our children to be extremely wary of "group think". If a group wants everyone to think the same, they are likely headed down a very dark path, and should be avoided. Conversely, if a group values individual thought, and expression of varied ideas, they are likely going somewhere worth considering.

Which perfectly illustrates the difference between the left and the right in this country today. Hell, the White House can't even settle on a single message, because everyone has a different opinion (though they should hash that out in private and have a unified front in public once the President decides on a course of action) Meanwhile look at the left, they make a pariah of anyone who think differently than them on ANY issue.

No we are not. The teacher's unions (Democrat Operatives) are forcing school districts to spend way too much time on liberal/progressive indoctrination. Diversity, multi culturalism, fake inclusiveness, intolerance of conservative views, anti male bias, etc are all a problem n our schools, and universities.

Please show me where any teacher's unions determine the curriculum used in a school district. Your fantasy lacks any semblance to reality. You are simply parroting a talking point that has been proven time and time again to be a lie.

If it were up to Democrats and 'progressives', Jr. high and high school biology classes would require the kids to perform abortions in order to pass.
How absurd from an absurd mind.

Yes, your Party of psychos are getting more and more absurd; they're now pushing to murder babies up to 2 years old, and you gimps will dance around and praise that, cuz, like, a 'scientist said it n stuff !!!"

It should be noted that even a healthy newborn baby does not have the same claim to life as a “person,” according to Singer’s philosophy. “Killing them cannot be equated with killing normal human beings….No infant—disabled or not—has a strong claim to life as beings capable of seeing themselves as distinct entities, existing over time.”

Should the Baby Live? -- Michael Poore

Abstract
Abortion is largely accepted even for reasons that do not have anything to do with the fetus' health. By showing that (1) both fetuses and newborns do not have the same moral status as actual persons, (2) the fact that both are potential persons is morally irrelevant and (3) adoption is not always in the best interest of actual people, the authors argue that what we call ‘after-birth abortion’ (killing a newborn) should be permissible in all the cases where abortion is, including cases where the newborn is not disabled.

After-birth abortion: why should the baby live?

'Rationalism' at its usual solution to everything, mass murders. And nothing in the way of 'rationalists' having school kids perform abortions as part of their 'rational science' curriculum.
Abortion is a singular topic, and even within that one topic alone there are 100 shades of differing views and 52% of Republicans support Roe v. Wade so - - - it's not some easy, cut and dried topic albeit an emotional one.

I can't think of a Republican who support after-birth abortions, just Democrats, like Obama.
There is no such thing as an after birth abortion at that point it turns to homicide.

Tell that to the governors of NY and VA, with VT soon to follow.

• Personal insults
  • Name calling
  • Mocking
  • Straw Man arguments
  • Hyperbole
  • Deflection
  • Hypocrisy
  • Distortion
  • Obtuseness
  • Intellectual Myopia
  • Tribalism
  • Outright lies

Thank you for posting the Democratic Party platform.

• Personal insults
  • Name calling
  • Mocking
  • Straw Man arguments
  • Hyperbole
  • Deflection
  • Hypocrisy
  • Distortion
  • Intellectual Myopia
  • Tribalism
  • Outright lies

Wow! That was a great reaction to being nailed with your own hypocrisy!

Mac likes to go for a few posts all about how he 'deplores this n that' before he gets down to parroting the DNC Party line bashing Trump and other fake 'talking points' of the day.

Meanwhile, teachers and school admins are busy spending time and district money on such fare as this:

“Interrupting Whiteness”: National Education Conference to Blame White Teachers and Students for School Woes.

"A major national conference for teachers and school administrators starting on Saturday, October 10, in Baltimore will focus exclusively on race and racism, featuring workshops on “interrupting whiteness” in American schools, the “dominance of White supremacy” in society, “White privilege” enjoyed by Caucasian students, “white domination of thought,” and how to “decenter whiteness.”

The conference, officially titled The National Summit for Courageous Conversation 2015, is organized by the Pacific Educational Group (PEG), a large and influential consulting firm hired by hundreds of school districts nationwide — often under pressure from the federal government — to address “racial gaps” in scholastic performance and behavior problems in the classroom."

"It Ain’t H1N1, But It’s Just as Deadly: The Negative Effects of White Privilege for People of Color
Explore the realities of white privilege and the deep wounds that many people of color have felt due to this ugly reality. Hear historical perspectives and learn how the evolution of white privilege has been parented by white supremacy, racism, and institutional racism from the past to the present. Take a different look at white privilege and consider how many people of color have been conditioned to believe that they shouldn’t be afforded the privilege that white folks receive, which gives white privilege the power to positively affect many white people and negatively affect all people. Engage in this challenging opportunity to examine yourself critically and to look at the effects that white privilege has had on society and communities of color."

“Interrupting Whiteness”: National Education Conference to Blame White Teachers and Students for School Woes · zomblog

And other such rubbish; these are where you get nonsense like 'arithmetic is racist' and all manner of other excuses for minorities refusing to learn and the black middle class teachers and administrators who need to cover their own failures with fake excuses to keep their nice do nothing jobs. This crap doesn't come from Trump or the RNC, it comes from left wing and Democratic Party criminal syndicates peddling racism and hate to black and brown children.

• Personal insults
  • Name calling
  • Mocking
  • Straw Man arguments
  • Hyperbole
  • Deflection
  • Hypocrisy
  • Distortion
  • Obtuseness
  • Intellectual Myopia
  • Tribalism
  • Outright lies

Thank you for posting the Democratic Party platform.
I know. Only the "other guys" do it.

Those guys. Over there.

The "intellectual myopia", "tribalism" and "deflection" from my list. Thanks.

Last edited:

• Personal insults
  • Name calling
  • Mocking
  • Straw Man arguments
  • Hyperbole
  • Deflection
  • Hypocrisy
  • Distortion
  • Intellectual Myopia
  • Tribalism
  • Outright lies

Wow! That was a great reaction to being nailed with your own hypocrisy!
I see it on both ends.

That's kinda the opposite of hypocrisy.

But I realize you folks don't like that mirror.

Forum List

Back