Are we clear on this yet?

Conspiracy charges, by their very nature, include communication. But on the second page of the federal indictment, in the third enumerated paragraph, the prosecution attempts to make clear that Trump is not being prosecuted for his repeated lies about a stolen election. He is being prosecuted for the efforts he made and the actions he took to operationalize his desire to overturn the election.
I'll bet they know. They're just committed to claiming victimization and persecution.

Everyone is corrupt but the Trumpsters. Everyone lies but the Trumpsters. Everyone is stupid but the Trumpsters. Everyone is misinformed but the Trumpsters. Everyone is a commie but the Trumpsters. Everyone hates America but the Trumpsters.

But he just keeps repeating it, and they keep swallowing it. At some level, though, they have to know better.

Conspiracy charges, by their very nature, include communication. But on the second page of the federal indictment, in the third enumerated paragraph, the prosecution attempts to make clear that Trump is not being prosecuted for his repeated lies about a stolen election. He is being prosecuted for the efforts he made and the actions he took to operationalize his desire to overturn the election.

It seems many Trumpletons continue to be hoodwinked in to thinking the crimes Don committed are protected by the 1st A. Why? Because there has been a relentless misinformation campaign to that end launched by the Orange Fraud himself and his right wing media enablers.

Allow me to disabuse all of you harboring this false narrative by suggesting you read Jack Smith's indictment of Trump. It explicitly recognizes Individual 1's right to express his opinion about the election's integrity. Then it goes on to explain the crimes Eric's dad committed.

You remember Eric. He's one of the folks included in the ruling by a NY judge that the Trump Org. was essentially built on a mountain of fraudulent financial misrepresentations.
Balwin.gif

You cannot simply label something a "conspiracy story" and erase the facts.
The prosecution will have an easier time convincing a jury in a court of law that Trump was not engaged in constitutionally protected speech than it will in the court of public opinion. The prosecution will have the benefit of the undivided attention of the jurors and the luxury of time to educate them about First Amendment principles.

The jury will learn that muting and muzzling political speech is repugnant to the First Amendment. Critical and robust debate is necessary to ensure the proper functioning of our government and democracy. Time and time again, when the content of speech is defined by the courts as political, they rely on the default position that the speech should be protected; notwithstanding claims of national security, claims of potential violence, claims of emotional distress, claims of vulgarity or tastelessness. The list goes on, but the list is not endless.

I'll bet they know. They're just committed to claiming victimization and persecution.

Everyone is corrupt but the Trumpsters. Everyone lies but the Trumpsters. Everyone is stupid but the Trumpsters. Everyone is misinformed but the Trumpsters. Everyone is a commie but the Trumpsters. Everyone hates America but the Trumpsters.

But he just keeps repeating it, and they keep swallowing it. At some level, though, they have to know better.
I haven't heard Trump speak in MONTHS. I don't watch his rallies. I don't watch coverage of him. None of it. I already know what Trump offers as president and if he is the nominee I am fine with it.

YOU people on the other hand scour every word he says looking for the latest gotcha moment.
I believe the indictments are criminal in themselves and political in nature no matter what ANYONE ELSE SAYS. Just like all the sham impeachments of him.

And copypasting drivel doesn't make you an expert on said drivel.
The jury will learn that even highly charged political rhetoric lies within the core of First Amendment protection. A speaker must be free to persuade the audience with the use of emotional appeals. But First Amendment protections are unavailable when it comes to words that constitute a crime.

The bogus "free speech" claim will not save your Dear Leader.

The jury will learn that even highly charged political rhetoric lies within the core of First Amendment protection. A speaker must be free to persuade the audience with the use of emotional appeals. But First Amendment protections are unavailable when it comes to words that constitute a crime.

The bogus "free speech" claim will not save your Dear Leader.

What crime? No crime happened.

Why is it a "lie" when Trump points out that the 2020 election was stolen, while HRC's claims that the 2016 election was stolen are treated as fair commentary?

You fucking moron.
Sec. Clinton took no action like the Dirty Don did in the days following the elections. She graciously conceded and urged her followers to accept the slim defeat they suffered. Benedict Donald took exactly the opposite route. He never conceded and urged his followers to fight like hell to take it back. It was his actions mostly between when his loss was announced by the networks and his riot of Jan 6th that led to his indictment, his indictment for his plot to overturn the election of Joe Biden and remain in power. Hillary makes her statements to make money the old fashion way, to sell books!

Forum List

Back