Are Trump supporters more delusional than the average republicans?

Aside from the fact that crime among illegal Mexican immigrants is statistically low, are these Trump supporters so naive to think that this clown would take the White House? There is no way in hell this clown will be voted in by independents or democrats which is why I am currently rooting Trump on because I know his knuckle-dragging ranting is going to torpedo the upcoming Republican debate and inevitably give Hillary a boost in the polls.

Is it really so hard to look at this issue objectively?

Asks a moron who probably voted for obama and will vote for hilary.....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hidden in the craziness of the Trump run are bits of honesty that get no corporate media coverage. His comment on Ford spending a billion plus to build American cars in Mexico is one, his comments on Japan dumping cars, or China dumping everything else. He is his own worst enemy with much of his talk, but I think it unfair to say he is not fundamentally a republican.

An Honest Republican Candidate

The Donald is the Republican party without the filter. He represents everything they believe in but are afraid to say out loud. It's great to see a bit of honesty even if it sounds like comedy. Good piece below.

"Here's the problem, though: Donald Trump is the essence of contemporary Republicanism. It's a distilled essence, boiled down to a viscous and sour consistency. But if you want to know what Republicans believe and who they are, you don't need to look much further. He's a walking caricature, but it's a caricature created from everything Republicans believe."

Donald Trump is the personification of the Republican id

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home -but not for housing. They are strong for labor - but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage - the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all - but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine - for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing - but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing - so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it." Harry S. Truman

Aside from the fact that crime among illegal Mexican immigrants is statistically low, are these Trump supporters so naive to think that this clown would take the White House? There is no way in hell this clown will be voted in by independents or democrats which is why I am currently rooting Trump on because I know his knuckle-dragging ranting is going to torpedo the upcoming Republican debate and inevitably give Hillary a boost in the polls.

More delusional? That is quite a hurdle to clear. But it seems as though the trump supporters are getting there. It reminds me of the weeks before the 2012 election with the "unskewed polls" folks who swore that it was going to be a Romney Landslide. TheGreatGatsby 007 Jackson Listening to name a few.

I'm over that rigged election, dude. Don't know why you keep tagging me on it.

To keep rubbing your nose in it. That you keep claiming the election was rigged is an added bonus. Keep up the good work.

Faith is a powerful thing. You give a man faith and there is no telling what that man can do. Trump represents faith in self and faith in America. Faith and men built Hoover dam and the Panama Canal or the Alaskan pipeline. A little bit of tech and a whole lot of sweat. But it won the day and one only has to go see those projects to PROVE it.

I have faith that within a month or two, the RNC will tell you to quit following Trump, and you will claim you never really liked him anyway.

I think the RNC hates trump already. I don't think the RNC is telling anyone to follow trump, anymore then they told folks to follow Ron Paul. I am sure they would love for him to run as an independent. If you look where he stands on the issues, he definitely doesn't follow party line, on hardly anything.

Of course they don't like Trump, but they haven't specifically made a point either way about anybody. They certainly haven't supported Trump, but that isn't the same as actively working against him.......which they will. A third party would split the right wing vote destroying any chance for either of them.

More delusional? That is quite a hurdle to clear. But it seems as though the trump supporters are getting there. It reminds me of the weeks before the 2012 election with the "unskewed polls" folks who swore that it was going to be a Romney Landslide. TheGreatGatsby 007 Jackson Listening to name a few.

To keep rubbing your nose in it. That you keep claiming the election was rigged is an added bonus. Keep up the good work.

If you say so. I just tell it like it is; and I don't take this shit any more personal than I have to; got a life, dude.

Faith is a powerful thing. You give a man faith and there is no telling what that man can do. Trump represents faith in self and faith in America. Faith and men built Hoover dam and the Panama Canal or the Alaskan pipeline. A little bit of tech and a whole lot of sweat. But it won the day and one only has to go see those projects to PROVE it.

I have faith that within a month or two, the RNC will tell you to quit following Trump, and you will claim you never really liked him anyway.

Are you willing to bet money on that?

Republicans are crazy and wild angry. First a black president elected TWICE by a wide margin.
Their Bush Tax Cuts economic policy has been put to bed once and for all as a horrible disaster.
Their foreign policy led to thousands of Americans dying and tens of thousands maimed for life.
Their unpaid for wars, the medical costs for the tens of thousands maimed in Iraq, letting over 40,000 factories close and not even trying to stop it, in fact, helping move it along. A global recession on GOP watch. And scandal after scandal. Enron. No WMD's. Billions disappearing from Iraq. The Iraqi Christians nearly being wiped out under Bush with a Republican majority in both houses. You can't name a GOP success that was good for the country.
Everything they did was so fucked up and disastrous, some have turned on their party and others have simply gone batshit crazy from denial. And now that they've chased away minorities, they are so delusional, they think they will win the next presidential election with a much smaller portion of the electorate.

If you say so. I just tell it like it is; and I don't take this shit any more personal than I have to; got a life, dude.

And the comedy continues.

Sure

Sure
I don't understand how you feel that RNC is telling anyone to "follow" or believe in Trump. Does the DNC tell it's people to like this candidate or that particular candidate? Of course not. What a silly line of talk.

In fact, establishment Republicans already disown him.
Donald Trump continues to climb in Republican polls, to dismay of party establishment
Donald Trump continues to climb in Republican polls to dismay of party establishment - Telegraph
“Trump is clearly hurting Republican hopes of winning a larger share of the Hispanic vote,” said Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia Centre for Politics, adding that Trump had no chance of winning the nomination.

Whit Ayres, the veteran Republican pollster who is working for Marco Rubio, the Florida senator, in the 2016 campaign, said Republican voters would ultimately plump for a candidate with a realistic shot at beating Hillary Clinton, the presumptive Democrat nominee.
Donald Trump bump terrifies GOP
Donald Trump bump terrifies GOP - Jonathan Topaz and Daniel Strauss - POLITICO

“Donald Trump is like watching a roadside accident,” said former George W. Bush press secretary Ari Fleischer.

“I’m not excited about somebody as divisive as Trump or somebody as obnoxious as Trump being on the debate stage,” one RNC member confessed.

“If Donald Trump elbows out Carly Fiorina, for example, that would be a real tragedy for our side,” said Republican strategist Ron Bonjean.

And here's the best one, I love this one. . . .

“The challenge with somebody like him is that when you’re running in these races, there’s sort of an assumption that you’re racing with professionals,” said Katie Packer Gage, a former deputy campaign manager for Mitt Romney. “He makes up facts. It’s a challenge because he’s very unpredictable.”

IOW, there is an unspoken agreement that they all follow the same lies of Washington. They don't like someone that tells the truth and pulls back the curtain. Ewwww. . . . lol

Sure
I don't understand how you feel that RNC is telling anyone to "follow" or believe in Trump. Does the DNC tell it's people to like this candidate or that particular candidate? Of course not. What a silly line of talk.

In fact, establishment Republicans already disown him.
Donald Trump continues to climb in Republican polls, to dismay of party establishment
Donald Trump continues to climb in Republican polls to dismay of party establishment - Telegraph
“Trump is clearly hurting Republican hopes of winning a larger share of the Hispanic vote,” said Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia Centre for Politics, adding that Trump had no chance of winning the nomination.

Whit Ayres, the veteran Republican pollster who is working for Marco Rubio, the Florida senator, in the 2016 campaign, said Republican voters would ultimately plump for a candidate with a realistic shot at beating Hillary Clinton, the presumptive Democrat nominee.
Donald Trump bump terrifies GOP
Donald Trump bump terrifies GOP - Jonathan Topaz and Daniel Strauss - POLITICO

“Donald Trump is like watching a roadside accident,” said former George W. Bush press secretary Ari Fleischer.

“I’m not excited about somebody as divisive as Trump or somebody as obnoxious as Trump being on the debate stage,” one RNC member confessed.

“If Donald Trump elbows out Carly Fiorina, for example, that would be a real tragedy for our side,” said Republican strategist Ron Bonjean.

And here's the best one, I love this one. . . .

“The challenge with somebody like him is that when you’re running in these races, there’s sort of an assumption that you’re racing with professionals,” said Katie Packer Gage, a former deputy campaign manager for Mitt Romney. “He makes up facts. It’s a challenge because he’s very unpredictable.”

IOW, there is an unspoken agreement that they all follow the same lies of Washington. They don't like someone that tells the truth and pulls back the curtain. Ewwww. . . . lol

I never said anyone was telling you to follow Trump. Only that they will tell you when to stop doing that.

Isn't that the point I just made? Isn't the media already doing that?

Are Trump followers more delusional than average Republicans? Boy, that is a very high bar to hurdle.

I think Trump followers watch more "reality" TV than the average person. Still a high bar, but not as high as the "more delusional" one.

As the line between fake reality TV shows and propaganda news outlets begins to be erased, I would think Donnie would be a natural fit at Fox News. After all, they both say very little, and say it a lot.

Does anyone else see the irony in the people who elected a man President based on nothing other than the catchphrases yes we can and hope and change calling others delusional?

That's a problem the right has. You think he was elected based on a catch phrase, because that is what you base your vote on. You don't understand or even recognize someone being elected based on his stated goals, and stated plans to reach those goals. That is why he was elected ....twice......but you didn't even realize what was happening.

I heard a bit of Hannity yesterday, and he was talking about how Trump's position on abortion has "evolved". He was very tolerant, understanding and appreciative of Trump's sincere and thoughtful evolution on that issue. Of course, had a Democrat candidate's "evolution" gone in the opposite direction, he would have been all over it as a dishonest "flip flop", and I couldn't help but wonder if that obvious thought had occurred to either Hannity or his fans. At any point. Even for a moment.

Hardcore partisan ideologues can talk themselves into pretty much anything within ten miles of reason, and I mean that literally. This inexplicable devotion to Trump, requiring some pretty impressive intellectual gymnastics, is just the latest example.

It seems pretty inevitable to me that at some point this guy is going to fizzle out or implode or explode, most likely in pretty spectacular fashion. The reaction of his devotees will be yet another fascinating psychological / sociological / anthropological study of hardcore partisan ideology.

Political "side" irrelevant. They're so delightfully similar in that way.

self-examination is not one of sean hannity's skills.

Forum List

Back