Escaped Mexican Drug Lord ‘El Chapo’ Has A California Driver’s License

Another Sinaloa Cartel druglord doin' hard time...

'El Chapo' associate sentenced to 17 years in U.S. prison
Dec. 8, 2015 -- A member of Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman's Sinaloa Cartel was sentenced by a federal court in New Hampshire to 17 years in prison.
Rafael Humberto Celaya Valenzuela, 40, of Hermosillo, Mexico, was arrested after he tried to conspire with other cartel members to expand the Sinaloa Cartel's influence into the United States and Europe, the Department of Justice said. Celaya Valenzuela and three others said the cartel would deliver 2,200 pounds of cocaine, methamphetamine and heroin to members of a European criminal ring, who were actually undercover FBI agents. The events were recorded in video and audio, which were shown in trial.

The other men who conspired with Celaya Valenzuela have already been sentenced. Celaya Valenzuela will be deported to Mexico after his release. "This case illustrates that drug cartels based in foreign countries will go anywhere to distribute their deadly products," Acting U.S. Attorney Donald Feith said in a statement. "Mr. Celaya Valenzuela served as a representative of one of the world's wealthiest and deadliest drug organizations. Without the work of dedicated agents from the FBI, the Boston Police Department, and the Spanish National Police, this long term investigation would not have been successful. I commend these agencies for their determination to bring these individuals to justice."

On July 11, Guzman escaped from a Mexican maximum security prison for the second time using a mile-long tunnel, which could have taken a year to build. El Chapo" -- meaning "The Short One" or "shorty" -- so dubbed because of his 5-foot-6-inch frame, was captured in Guatemala in 1993 and then extradited to Mexico to face murder and drug trafficking charges. He escaped from prison in 2001 by hiding in a laundry cart after bribing prison guards, and was re-captured in February 2014.

'El Chapo' associate sentenced to 17 years in U.S. prison

See also:

Colombia's 'Monserrate Monster' reveals he killed at least 16; first victim identified
Dec. 8, 2015 -- Colombia's "Monserrate Monster" serial killer confessed he killed at least 16 women in the past four years as one of his victims was identified on Tuesday.
Fredy Armando Valencia Vargas, a homeless drug addict, recently revealed he killed more women than which he initially confessed. Using fingerprints, authorities on Tuesday identified one of the victims as María del Pilar Rincón Muñoz, 26, from Bogota. Valencia Vargas said he confessed to killing the women because he was tormented and wanted to clear his conscience. "I'm not a monster," Valencia Vargas said on Friday amid a media circus.

Valencia Vargas, 37, said he killed young women who were also drug addicts. He would lure them to a makeshift camp he made in the dense forest on Bogota's Monserrate mountain, near a popular historic church. He was taken back to the mountain last week by authorities so he could reveal where he hid the bodies -- some buried and some thrown onto trash. Authorities have so far recovered 11 remains. In the last four years, he would come out every two or three months to offer women comforts and hallucinogens -- expecting sexual favors in return.

Colombias-Monserrate-Monster-reveals-he-killed-at-least-16-first-victim-identified.jpg

Colombia's "Monserrate Monster" serial killer confessed he killed at least 16 women in the past four years as one of his victims was identified on Tuesday. Fredy Armando Valencia Vargas, 37, said he would offer women comforts and drugs -- expecting sexual favors in return.​

Valencia Vargas previously said he killed the women in self-defense. "I gave them food, clothes, bathed and gave them what they liked," Valencia told CityNoticias. "When they were clean, I told them to give me mine but no longer wanted to give me anything. They wanted to go and steal things. So they attacked me." Valencia Vargas studied industrial engineering but began using drugs after his mother's death about 12 years ago, eventually becoming homeless. He said he loved a woman who cheated on him, which devastated him just like his mother's death.

In his camp, authorities found nothing more than three gallons of water and women's clothing. Authorities said identifying the bodies may be difficult due to the degree of decomposition. Some of the bodies were dismembered. "I suffocated them by squeezing their neck. It was self-defense because they attacked me to leave without paying," Valencia Vargas added. "Everything I did, I did in self-defense. They intended to assault me and all I did was defend myself." Newly established anti-femicide hate crime laws in Colombia have increased prison sentences for convicted killers to 22-41 years. But Valencia Vargas could face as little as 15 years behind bars because he confessed.

Colombia's 'Monserrate Monster' reveals he killed at least 16; first victim identified

Last edited:
El Chapo manhunt turns deadly for Mexican marines...

Two Mexican marines killed as 'El Chapo' hunt continues
Dec. 31, 2015 -- Two Mexican marines were recently killed by a suspected drug cartel member in the Sinaloa state as the death toll mounts in the manhunt for drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman.
The Secretariat of the Navy of Mexico, or SEMAR, confirmed the incident, which occurred Monday near the El Ébano village in Sinaloa's Angostura municipality. "The incident occurred when naval personnel carried out urban patrolling activities near the town of Angostura, when they were attacked with a firearm by a person who was found inside a vehicle, allegedly belonging to organized crime, so we proceeded to repel the aggression, starting a firefight," SEMAR wrote in a statement. Authorities seized 50 doses of methamphetamine, one vehicle, one handgun and ammunition -- belonging to the Mexican armed forces.

The navy stressed that "in compliance with the law, the aggression was repelled in self-defense with the sole purpose of protecting the life of the elements involved in such action." Earlier this month, the Mexican navy arrived in La Tuna, Mexico, Guzman's hometown, as part of the manhunt for the escaped drug kingpin. Authorities stopped all travel in and out of the town for several days. More than 14 people have died within Sinaloa recently in confrontations between security officials, Guzman's Sinaloa Cartel and other drug gangs. Authorities believe Guzman is in hiding somewhere in the Sinaloa state.

On July 11, Guzman escaped from a Mexican maximum security prison for the second time using a mile-long tunnel, which could have taken a year to build. "El Chapo" -- meaning "The Short One" or "shorty" -- so dubbed because of his 5-foot-6-inch frame, was captured in Guatemala in 1993 and then extradited to Mexico to face murder and drug trafficking charges. He escaped from prison in 2001 by hiding in a laundry cart after bribing prison guards, and was re-captured in February 2014.

Two Mexican marines killed as 'El Chapo' hunt continues

See also:

Deaths rise in Mexico's Sinaloa state amid manhunt for 'El Chapo'
Dec. 30, 2015 -- A shootout between gunmen of drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman's brother and a rival gang over territory left eight dead, while more than four tons of marijuana were seized and two suspected Sinaloa Cartel members were killed in a separate incident.
The shootout took place in La Tuna, in Mexico's Sinaloa state, the hometown of Guzman and his brother, Aurealiano, on whose ranch the incident occurred. TeleSUR reported a war recently broke out in Sinaloa between drug traffickers attempting to take over a mountainous region where marijuana and poppy plants are cultivated. More than 14 people have died within Sinaloa recently in confrontations between security officials, Guzman's Sinaloa Cartel and other drug gangs. Authorities believe Guzman is in hiding somewhere in the Sinaloa state. Earlier this month, the Mexican Navy arrived in La Tuna as part of the manhunt for the escaped drug kingpin. Authorities stopped all travel in and out of the town for several days.

The marines also seized the ranch of Aureliano Guzman. Guzman's mother, Consuelo Loera, and various family members live in La Tuna. The nephew of one of Guzman's closest associates, Ismael "El Mayo" Zambada, was one of two killed earlier this month by a Mexican commando. Separately, the Secretariat of the Navy of Mexico, also known as SEMAR, said a recent gunfight in Sinaloa left two people dead. The Mexican Navy said during ground patrol "operations conducted in the vicinity of the Saca Rancheria Water, Sinaloa, naval personnel and a helicopter of the Navy of Mexico, were attacked with gunshots by alleged members of organized crime. The statement said personnel called in air support, which was also attacked.

El Universal reported authorities confiscated six rifles and several weapons magazines and ammunition that seemingly belong to Mexico's armed forces. Officials discovered about 4.5 tons of packed marijuana that was "ready for transport," which was incinerated on-site, according to SEMAR. On July 11, Guzman escaped from a Mexican maximum security prison for the second time using a mile-long tunnel, which could have taken a year to build. "El Chapo" -- meaning "The Short One" or "shorty" -- so dubbed because of his 5-foot-6-inch frame, was captured in Guatemala in 1993 and then extradited to Mexico to face murder and drug trafficking charges. He escaped from prison in 2001 by hiding in a laundry cart after bribing prison guards, and was re-captured in February 2014.

Deaths rise in Mexico's Sinaloa state amid manhunt for 'El Chapo'

Granny says lock her up with him...

'El Chapo' wife fears for husband's life, is not jealous of Kate Del Castillo
Feb. 22, 2016 -- Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman's wife, Emma Coronel Aispuro, says she fears for her husband's life while he is imprisoned and also said she is not jealous of his relationship with Mexican actress Kate Del Castillo.
During an interview with Telemundo, Coronel -- who holds dual U.S.-Mexican citizenship -- said the Mexican government is treating Guzman harshly as a revenge tactic after the drug lord's escape, which embarrassed the administration of President Enrique Peña Nieto.

The former beauty queen, who married Guzman when she turned 18 in 2008, rejected government accusations Guzman took a girl hostage while he was on the run in October and also criticized Altiplano Federal Prison officials for the manner in which they treat her husband. "Of course I am afraid for his life," Coronel said. "They want to make him pay for his escape. They say that they are not punishing him. Of course they are. They are there with him, watching him in his cell. They don't let him sleep. He has no privacy, not even to go to the restroom."

Coronel said Guzman's friendly relationship with Del Castillo, which was revealed after the release of various text message conversations, does not make her jealous. "I'm in love with him," Coronel said. "He's my daughters' father and I believe that I have already demonstrated that I will follow him anywhere." Through a lawyer, Guzman recently said he is becoming a "zombie" while imprisoned due to constant roll calls that interrupt his sleep every two to four hours. Guzman also said a guard dog intimidates him and keeps him awake.

Guzman's lawyers accuse prison officials of torturing Guzman through mistreatment, also stating they are not allowed enough access to their client to mount a proper defense. José Refugio Rodríguez, one of Guzman's lawyers, said he was denied scheduled access to his client without explanation on Friday, adding he will make a formal complaint to a judge. Rodríguez said Guzman has high blood pressure, constant headaches and pains to his eyes and ears while in prison.

'El Chapo' wife fears for husband's life, is not jealous of Kate Del Castillo

El Chapo comin' to the U.S.

Lawyers for drug kingpin 'El Chapo' fail to block extradition
April 1, 2016 -- Lawyers for imprisoned Mexican drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman failed to block his extradition to the United States in a Mexico City court.
An appeal for protection from extradition was overturned in a Mexican federal court because of lack of evidence and procedural irregularities. The action increases the probability Guzman will be extradited to the United States. He is wanted in Texas and California on homicide and drug-dealing charges. U.S. authorities have requested Guzman's extradition because they fear he can bribe his way out of prison in Mexico.

Lawyers-for-drug-kingpin-El-Chapo-fail-to-block-extradition.jpg

Earlier this year Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto said his government sought to extradite Guzman, regarded by some as the world's most prominent drug cartel leader, "as soon as possible." Guzman, accused of crimes including the smuggling of tons of drugs into the United States by boat, submarine, airplane and networks of tunnels under the border, was captured in Guatemala in 1993 and sentenced to 20 years in prison but escaped.

Arrested in Mexico in 2014, he escaped again through a network of tunnels under the prison. In the days after his second escape, Mexican authorities deployed nearly 10,000 police officers and 48 search dogs to track down Guzman, and the government offered a nearly $3.8 million reward for information leading to his arrest. He was captured six months after his escape. His Sinaloa Cartel is credited with dominating the illegal drug market in nearly the entire United States.

Lawyers for drug kingpin 'El Chapo' fail to block extradition

Forum List

Back