Are there things in life worth dying for?

How would ones dying for God help him?

Remember he is all powerful, everlasting, created the universe, etc.
Would your dying change any of that in any way?

Why not ask Him?

I used to ask him stuff, he never answered.
So I quit asking.

Hmmm...... Sounds like there's more to it than that.

Try focusing more on cause and effect, less on expectation. It's real easy for All of us, focused in the wrong direction, to come off as blind, while things beyond our understanding transpire even right under our noses. Some times we even fight and resist those things, working against our own preservation, huh.

Why not ask Him?

So I quit asking.

Try focusing more on cause and effect, less on expectation. It's real easy for All of us, focused in the wrong direction, to come off as blind, while things beyond our understanding transpire even right under our noses. Some times we even fight and resist those things, working against our own preservation, huh.

True, but why would that require god? It is just common sense?

One could die for him by refusing to abandon him to an oppressive Government that would kill anyone that believed in him. As the Romans sometimes did. As the Jews did to Jesus.

all boils down to flight or fight....no one really knows what they will do till the moment is upon them...you read about heroic parents or people...95 lb mother lifts car off toddler...nanny runs into fire and saves a child not even her own...man jumps in river to save child.....none of them thought of this before hand...they simply reacted to what was going on around them....normal instincts are to save a child at all costs...

but when given the option of flight instead of combat...i think a lot would take flight or do what a lot of soldiers do ( o bones why must you rattle their cages with this) simply go into battle, honker down and try to stay alive....not firing if they can avoid it...perhaps a 'lot' is not a good term

One could die for him by refusing to abandon him to an oppressive Government that would kill anyone that believed in him. As the Romans sometimes did. As the Jews did to Jesus.

Dying for a belief in god does not prove the existence of that god only the belief.

So I quit asking.

True, but why would that require god? It is just common sense?

What if the concept of common sense, being a part of creation, was under the authority of the Creator, just like Everything else? Who are We to separate, or decree? Why is it that You perceive Common Sense to be outside of the Creators domain? Maybe You were being answered to all along, but You refused to hear or see? The process of recognition is internal and really can't be forced, so I will just plainly ask You to reconsider, and even look at the boundaries of Your perspective, which may have issues.

How about you try switching this around, citizen?

Would you die for your religious beliefs?

I know I would not!!

Let atheism DIE!! If I had to root for its death, or act like I am a believer when I am not in order to survive then I would become the most cowardly cheerleader for the destruction of atheism this side of belief.

That is a difference between believers and non-believer. Believers have a belief they feel must be defended. Non-believers laugh at the notion at defending non-belief. The question will morph into "Is it my pride or ego that I am defending?" Beccause there is nothing to defend in agnosticism nor atheism, and, if anything, debate(or theological attacks) should be welcomed.

How about you try switching this around, citizen?

Would you die for your religious beliefs?

I know I would not!!

Let atheism DIE!! If I had to root for its death, or act like I am a believer when I am not in order to survive then I would become the most cowardly cheerleader for the destruction of atheism this side of belief.

That is a difference between believers and non-believer. Believers have a belief they feel must be defended. Non-believers laugh at the notion at defending non-belief. The question will morph into "Is it my pride or ego that I am defending?" Beccause there is nothing to defend in agnosticism nor atheism, and, if anything, debate(or theological attacks) should be welcomed.

I have no interest in harming Anyone for what They believe or refuse to Believe. There are things in this Life that are not worth surviving. That is not a matter of belief, but recognition, and yes it is individual. What You could be advocating is that Control Over Others, where Merritt is lost, is a bad and dangerous thing. Action causes the harm. Believe what You will. Do No Harm.

Family, and maybe sacrificing yourself to save many more people. Country but only if we are invaded or threatened, don't feel its necessary to die for economical and political reasons done by politicians for anything other than our safety.

If yes, what?

If no, why not?

I haven't found one, yet.

It's easy to say you'd willingly die for this or that, of course.

Certainly some people do die heroically when circumstances call for it.

But do any of us really know what we'd do?

Not, I suspect, until the times comes when we're making that decision for real.

I never actually asked what you would specifically die for, just if there were things worth dying for and what they are. But I completely understand what you are saying.

God, Family and Country.

Give me a hard one. ;)

It's always an easy question when you re-write it for personal convenience. (you answered only half of the question)

He was ask and answered the question, His answer being yes there was no second part to it. Only if you answer no is there a second part.

I would die for my family, for my countrymen, for my country and yes I would die for my God. I would die to save innocents at risk as well.

Good catch...I misread the op as asking why or why not so that was my mistake.

God, Family and Country.

Give me a hard one. ;)

It's always an easy question when you re-write it for personal convenience. (you answered only half of the question)

My answer was yes and I listed the things worth dying for. Reading is fundamental dumbass.

That was my mistake and I fully admit I was wrong. Maybe one day you'll find humility as easily as you find dodging when you can't support your claims.

Forum List

Back