Are there things in life worth dying for?

How about you try switching this around, citizen?

Would you die for your religious beliefs?

I know I would not!!

Let atheism DIE!! If I had to root for its death, or act like I am a believer when I am not in order to survive then I would become the most cowardly cheerleader for the destruction of atheism this side of belief.

That is a difference between believers and non-believer. Believers have a belief they feel must be defended. Non-believers laugh at the notion at defending non-belief. The question will morph into "Is it my pride or ego that I am defending?" Beccause there is nothing to defend in agnosticism nor atheism, and, if anything, debate(or theological attacks) should be welcomed.

I have no interest in harming Anyone for what They believe or refuse to Believe. There are things in this Life that are not worth surviving. That is not a matter of belief, but recognition, and yes it is individual. What You could be advocating is that Control Over Others, where Merritt is lost, is a bad and dangerous thing. Action causes the harm. Believe what You will. Do No Harm.

I like what you're saying here, but I am curious. Do you see a difference between recognizing there are things not worth surviving and believing there are things worth sacrificing for? It seems to me anyway like one is based on self and the other is based on selflessness.

And to answer the question, yes there are things worth dying for. Or rather, people and ideas worth dying for. I don't put much stock in "things" - although I doubt the OP meant material items when he wrote that.

How about you try switching this around, citizen?

Would you die for your religious beliefs?

I know I would not!!

Let atheism DIE!! If I had to root for its death, or act like I am a believer when I am not in order to survive then I would become the most cowardly cheerleader for the destruction of atheism this side of belief.

That is a difference between believers and non-believer. Believers have a belief they feel must be defended. Non-believers laugh at the notion at defending non-belief. The question will morph into "Is it my pride or ego that I am defending?" Beccause there is nothing to defend in agnosticism nor atheism, and, if anything, debate(or theological attacks) should be welcomed.

I have no interest in harming Anyone for what They believe or refuse to Believe. There are things in this Life that are not worth surviving. That is not a matter of belief, but recognition, and yes it is individual. What You could be advocating is that Control Over Others, where Merritt is lost, is a bad and dangerous thing. Action causes the harm. Believe what You will. Do No Harm.

I like what you're saying here, but I am curious. Do you see a difference between recognizing there are things not worth surviving and believing there are things worth sacrificing for? It seems to me anyway like one is based on self and the other is based on selflessness.

And to answer the question, yes there are things worth dying for. Or rather, people and ideas worth dying for. I don't put much stock in "things" - although I doubt the OP meant material items when he wrote that.

I like what you're saying here, but I am curious. Do you see a difference between recognizing there are things not worth surviving and believing there are things worth sacrificing for?

Yes and Yes.

Things not worth surviving sometimes can be as simple as measuring by regret. From a True Christian perspective in relation to Prophesy, to receive "The Mark Of The Beast" is a "Game Over". That one is the ultimate extreme example. Having at anytime gone ahead and done something Your Conscience tells You not to, You may or may not later reconcile, it may serve to even make you stronger, yet the memories remain, from mole hill to mountain. The adept learn to rectify sooner, rather than later.

To Me the Self includes the body, Conscience, Spirit, and Soul. It is the core from which We All, engage existence. To what authority do we individually surrender control and to what end?

There is the drop of water that claims "I am the Ocean". There is the Drop of Water that claims "I am of the Ocean". I can guess which camp You are in by the nature of Your Question. ;)

Part of My personal belief is that it is the goal of the Beast to break the spirit, body, conscience, by attacking the Individual Self. The intent in breaking You is to supplant It's own will, over Your own, to place doubt over even Conscience, and subjugate and control. Light defeats darkness through truth and revelation, bringing realization and understanding, not blindness.

My Guess is that God want's true companionship, from Each of Us, who All have a unique thing about Us. The Other want's either mindless robots or marionettes.
Celebrate the Self, ....Keep it in line, in harmony and Communion Through Our Maker with All of existence. No Government is a viable substitute for that, yet on a good day, can find harmony with it.

I like what you're saying here, but I am curious. Do you see a difference between recognizing there are things not worth surviving and believing there are things worth sacrificing for?

Yes and Yes.

Things not worth surviving sometimes can be as simple as measuring by regret. From a True Christian perspective in relation to Prophesy, to receive "The Mark Of The Beast" is a "Game Over". That one is the ultimate extreme example. Having at anytime gone ahead and done something Your Conscience tells You not to, You may or may not later reconcile, it may serve to even make you stronger, yet the memories remain, from mole hill to mountain. The adept learn to rectify sooner, rather than later.

To Me the Self includes the body, Conscience, Spirit, and Soul. It is the core from which We All, engage existence. To what authority do we individually surrender control and to what end?

There is the drop of water that claims "I am the Ocean". There is the Drop of Water that claims "I am of the Ocean". I can guess which camp You are in by the nature of Your Question. ;)

Part of My personal belief is that it is the goal of the Beast to break the spirit, body, conscience, by attacking the Individual Self. The intent in breaking You is to supplant It's own will, over Your own, to place doubt over even Conscience, and subjugate and control. Light defeats darkness through truth and revelation, bringing realization and understanding, not blindness.

My Guess is that God want's true companionship, from Each of Us, who All have a unique thing about Us. The Other want's either mindless robots or marionettes.
Celebrate the Self, ....Keep it in line, in harmony and Communion Through Our Maker with All of existence. No Government is a viable substitute for that, yet on a good day, can find harmony with it.

I'm looking at it from a different point of view, but I see your point here. If I'm reading you correctly, you're saying there are things worth sacrificing for and things worth dying to avoid, not necessarily because of selfish reasons but because under your personal beliefs it is in itself a sacrifice for something greater than self rather than a defeatist or selfish attitude.

I can live with that. ;)

GoldCat: I'm looking at it from a different point of view, but I see your point here. If I'm reading you correctly, you're saying there are things worth sacrificing for and things worth dying to avoid, not necessarily because of selfish reasons but because under your personal beliefs it is in itself a sacrifice for something greater than self rather than a defeatist or selfish attitude.

I can live with that.

There are things worth sacrificing for.
There are things worth dying for.
There are things worth dying to avoid.

Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

I suspect We All serve Something greater than Ourselves, be it God or Man. My Mantra could easily be Put God First in All Things. That can translate to serving Man through God. God is the filter, not Government, not Man. Locke, Thoreau, Madison put Conscience First, that is the conduit.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Every Vessel, Every Being, created and purposed by Our Maker, to what end does Society beat it down, and attempt to deny, to enslave? Communion or Selfish gain? Whom is it that calls another selfish, because the Victim resists what They are told to do against reason, against Conscience?

When is Greed not considered greed? When one is looking at a Pay check rather than a price tag? When is a Price tag not considered greed? When it is Government issued or condoned? To what end?

GoldCat: I'm looking at it from a different point of view, but I see your point here. If I'm reading you correctly, you're saying there are things worth sacrificing for and things worth dying to avoid, not necessarily because of selfish reasons but because under your personal beliefs it is in itself a sacrifice for something greater than self rather than a defeatist or selfish attitude.

I can live with that.

Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

I suspect We All serve Something greater than Ourselves, be it God or Man. My Mantra could easily be Put God First in All Things. That can translate to serving Man through God. God is the filter, not Government, not Man. Locke, Thoreau, Madison put Conscience First, that is the conduit.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Every Vessel, Every Being, created and purposed by Our Maker, to what end does Society beat it down, and attempt to deny, to enslave? Communion or Selfish gain? Whom is it that calls another selfish, because the Victim resists what They are told to do against reason, against Conscience?

When is Greed not considered greed? When one is looking at a Pay check rather than a price tag? When is a Price tag not considered greed? When it is Government issued or condoned? To what end?

I'm trying to separate your points here and I'm not sure I'm getting it. I don't share your religious beliefs but I certainly respect them. I'm not getting the point you're making about government, selfishness and greed though.

I can live with that.

I'm trying to separate your points here and I'm not sure I'm getting it. I don't share your religious beliefs but I certainly respect them. I'm not getting the point you're making about government, selfishness and greed though.

In a nutshell, when the Government gets Hi-Jacked, which happens more often than We admit, it comes back to the battle of Good V.S. Evil. In that battle Conscience is the thorn in the side of Bad Government that It will do anything to Crush and silence. That includes the systematic destruction of Individual Voice. Turn on Any News channel. You are told how to react. You are told what to think, what to feel, how to vote. Instead of Celebrating the Individual, We are told to Deny the Individual and stand in line. Authority does not like being questioned.

You speak of Self Sacrifice. I ask on Who's terms? What dictates? Conscience? Circumstance? Predetermined Outcome?

What's running Your Engine? You? God? The State? :lol: :lol: :lol:

My argument is not directed at You. You do know that?

I can live with that.

In a nutshell, when the Government gets Hi-Jacked, which happens more often than We admit, it comes back to the battle of Good V.S. Evil. In that battle Conscience is the thorn in the side of Bad Government that It will do anything to Crush and silence. That includes the systematic destruction of Individual Voice. Turn on Any News channel. You are told how to react. You are told what to think, what to feel, how to vote. Instead of Celebrating the Individual, We are told to Deny the Individual and stand in line. Authority does not like being questioned.

You speak of Self Sacrifice. I ask on Who's terms? What dictates? Conscience? Circumstance? Predetermined Outcome?

I know that. :)

And you have a good point. It IS up to the individual, although I would argue there are things other than government that would crush individuality if given the chance. Any group or interest if given enough power will eventually use it try to force control, it's human nature and the nature of the people who pursue that kind of power in the first place. Alpha dogs will be alpha.

Family. I would have died so that my daughter could have lived to have enjoyed participating in their lives as her children grew up.

I know that. :)

And you have a good point. It IS up to the individual, although I would argue there are things other than government that would crush individuality if given the chance. Any group or interest if given enough power will eventually use it try to force control, it's human nature and the nature of the people who pursue that kind of power in the first place. Alpha dogs will be alpha.

I fully agree.

Forum List

Back