Are There Double Standards Between The Sexes?

Maybe you need a new direction. See if a woman can straighten your worthless life up and make something of you.

I told the truth.
If a man and a woman are to the same degree unsuccesfull, the woman will still have a better life then the man.

There are enough men out there who will settle with an unproductive or incompetent woman and care for the rest of her life.

Except the women are smarter, because they can divorce the man and still have his money.

That's a true statement too. In fact when you look at the stats that 80 percent of American marriages end in divorce than a man should asked themselves what's in it for him to even get married at all. In the end the woman will take the house, the kids, and half the income, and if in an alimony state she will file for that as well.

Men and women are equal, untill there's a spider on the wall.

What if I want to piss on the seat when it is lifted up Ms. Mondo, what do you think about that?

There are vast double standards between the sexes.

The one I personally find most reprehensible is the dual standard that exists in many physically oriented professions regarding the performance metrics required to qualify for jobs including: police departments, fire departments, some EMT companies, the military, etc...

Oy... it pains me to say this....I agree with you. :razz: I think if the standards for those jobs must be adapted so as to be sub standard in order for a women to qualify, then it puts the lives of fellow employees at danger If, however, a woman demonstrates the ability to meet the standards, she should be allow to be considered for the position and receive the same pay, but, I think this is rare.

I am 5' feet 3" 112 pounds and I know without doubt I could not perform the duties these jobs require...I know my limitations so, I do what is within my capability to do, change a tire, mow the grass, tune-up my car, fix a leaky sink. Mostly because I really hate to ask anyone to do anything I am capable of, and because generally I can't get it done when I want it done....proscratination on the part of men.

Something that does bug the crap outta me is the term 'Double Standard'. There are standards for women and standards for men, sometimes there's a need to for the different standards because indeed, there are some things men are more capable of doing because of their size and strength, just as there are things that women are more capable of doing because of their organization skills, the ability to multitask...they hold down jobs, run a house, take care of kids, provide taxi service to soccer, piano lessons, dance class, etc., take of their partners, and take care of themselves, and ya know, we're just naturally smarter! (kidding...get grip!).

The thing about the toilet seat and opening doors, puling out chairs, etc., It's really just a matter of courtesy, but I don't get riled if men do not perform these things. I am perfectly capable of putting the seat down, opening my own door and pulling out my own chair, and really, these things are not worth getting your BVDs or Frederick's of Hollywood in a bunch over.

I'm 5'2", 110 lbs. Put an M16 in my hands and tell me I can't do what men do. Or put me in a cockpit and tell me I can't bomb the fuck out of Baghdad.

When I was a kid, the girls played with the boys. We ran around in the mud, played baseball, whatever. And in some parts of the world, women are expected to serve in the military. //cough.

That being said, I also grew up in a place where men held the door open for women. Always.

Last edited:
When it comes to sex, women can thrash around, scream and yell all sorts of things, praise God, yell things like "Oh, yeah!" and other things but if a man does it, he gets looked at sort of weird... What's up with that?

I have to say that typically the family courts are not friendly to men. That is my experience and many others in that boat.

Women who truly value and fight for equal rights must fight just as vigorously for those rights for men so that they can achieve their goal of equal rights.

Last edited:
I'm 5'2", 110 lbs. Put an M16 in my hands and tell me I can't do what men do. Or put me in a cockpit and tell me I can't bomb the fuck out of Baghdad.

Life is most often about what one SHOULD do rather than what one CAN do. That's what separates Right from Wrong.

However, to play your little game.... I want you to put that M-16 down, lift up your seriously wounded foxhole companion (he's 5'-8" and 175 lbs) and carry him 80 yards to the Aid Station before he bleeds out. Then I want you to go back to that foxhole and calmly continue fighting. There are just certain places and things that women were never designed for. Combat is one of them. Pure and simple.

When I was a kid, the girls played with the boys. We ran around in the mud, played baseball, whatever. And in some parts of the world, women are expected to serve in the military. //cough.

Some parts of the world have their heads shoved up a certain bodily orifice.

That being said, I also grew up in a place where men held the door open for women. Always.

Another concept that needs to be reminded of the SHOULD-CAN relationship. Chivalry was never designed to apply to ALL women. It was designed to apply only to Ladies, of which we have very few left in Western society these days.

There are vast double standards between the sexes.

The one I personally find most reprehensible is the dual standard that exists in many physically oriented professions regarding the performance metrics required to qualify for jobs including: police departments, fire departments, some EMT companies, the military, etc...

Oy... it pains me to say this....I agree with you. :razz: I think if the standards for those jobs must be adapted so as to be sub standard in order for a women to qualify, then it puts the lives of fellow employees at danger If, however, a woman demonstrates the ability to meet the standards, she should be allow to be considered for the position and receive the same pay, but, I think this is rare.

I am 5' feet 3" 112 pounds and I know without doubt I could not perform the duties these jobs require...I know my limitations so, I do what is within my capability to do, change a tire, mow the grass, tune-up my car, fix a leaky sink. Mostly because I really hate to ask anyone to do anything I am capable of, and because generally I can't get it done when I want it done....proscratination on the part of men.

Something that does bug the crap outta me is the term 'Double Standard'. There are standards for women and standards for men, sometimes there's a need to for the different standards because indeed, there are some things men are more capable of doing because of their size and strength, just as there are things that women are more capable of doing because of their organization skills, the ability to multitask...they hold down jobs, run a house, take care of kids, provide taxi service to soccer, piano lessons, dance class, etc., take of their partners, and take care of themselves, and ya know, we're just naturally smarter! (kidding...get grip!).

The thing about the toilet seat and opening doors, puling out chairs, etc., It's really just a matter of courtesy, but I don't get riled if men do not perform these things. I am perfectly capable of putting the seat down, opening my own door and pulling out my own chair, and really, these things are not worth getting your BVDs or Frederick's of Hollywood in a bunch over.

Good for you, but not all women can, I'm not ashamed to admit I'm one of them, and it's nice to proclaim that from the sidelines, but it's actually much different when you're right there in the situation. Folks wanna scream double standards when in reality it's a matter of knowing your limitations and not expecting special standards because you can't meet the ones already in place.

Yep, I was one of those women who served in the military, but back when I was in, women were not in the battlefield, but in supportive roles, I'm glad for that, I couldn't have done it, but it does not mean my military service was any less honorable. Somewhere along the way supportive roles have come to mean less important, but without them those in the trenches of any position, military or otherwise, could not work as effectively.

As far as men opening doors and performing those other courtesies I mentioned, it's nice if they do them, but my point is, it is not really worth raising a fuss about. Unless you're disabled or in some way unable to perform these things for yourself, do them and stop raising a fuss over something, that in the big picture of things, means nothing.

I was also one of those girls who played in the mud, climbed trees, had bike races with the boys, I didn't own a Barbie doll and didn't want one....but honestly, I don't see how that correlates with this issue at all.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention in my post from yesterday, the 'double standard' for lack of a better term, that women are sluts if they put out in the first date, this is still perpetuated today, by men and some women. For men, it's part of the 'good 'ol boy', 'that's my boy', 'atta boy' mentality. On the part of women, some mom's and grandmas keep this going with their old school way of thinking, because they grew up believing it, and by some women to express disdain for other women they just don't really care for. It's wrong, for any reason.

If the whole police force was women, I'd start robbing banks

I forgot to mention in my post from yesterday, the 'double standard' for lack of a better term, that women are sluts if they put out in the first date, this is still perpetuated today, by men and some women. For men, it's part of the 'good 'ol boy', 'that's my boy', 'atta boy' mentality. On the part of women, some mom's and grandmas keep this going with their old school way of thinking, because they grew up believing it, and by some women to express disdain for other women they just don't really care for. It's wrong, for any reason.

Most woman who complain about being called a slut if they put out on the first date(Not specifically you), turn around and tell their daughters to marry a rich man. Isn't this telling your daughters to be a whore? I mean what's the difference from a woman marrying for money and a streetwalker?

Last edited:

Most woman who complain about being called a slut if they put out on the first date(Not specifically you), turn around and tell their daughters to marry a rich man. Isn't this telling your daughters to be a whore? I mean what's the difference from a woman marrying for money and a streetwalker?

This is an absurd conclusion.

Forum List

Back