Are There Double Standards Between The Sexes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stashman, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Stashman

Stashman No Soup For You!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Do you think there are double standards between the sexes? If so, what are they?

I'll go first with an easy one.

Every woman seems to get pissed off if we do not lower the seat when we are finished taking a leak right? But how many of them lift the lid for us when they are done?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    There are vast double standards between the sexes.

The one I personally find most reprehensible is the dual standard that exists in many physically oriented professions regarding the performance metrics required to qualify for jobs including: police departments, fire departments, some EMT companies, the military, etc...

3. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    I couldn't care less if a man does not lower the seat on the toilet. I'm just thankful that he raised it so that he hasn't sprayed all over where I sit.

When a guy does the right thing, why would I bitch that he didn't do more?

Silliness.

4. CitizenPained

CitizenPained Dissident-Jude

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +138

But what if you have to take a dump?

Men don't like washing their hands after they pee, anyway, so you may as well be the one touching the toilet seat.

Double standards:

Women who are tough 'wear the pants/have balls/are bitches'. Women are always supposed to be the weaker sex.
    Women who sleep around are sluts (or even on a first date)
    Women have to: have great jobs AND look hot, be great moms, keep the house together, etc., even though this is 2011
    Women can't get fatter in old age, lose hair, or any of those 'letting go' things that men do so well

5. Stashman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    I would have to say that I agree with that. There has always been higher pay for men in the workplace than woman. At the same time though there has always been a lack of woman digging ditches, laying brick, loading trucks etc.. and in the instances which are few that woman do these types of work I think men should be paid more because they are stronger and will produce more work.

In the fields that you discussed though I think the wages should be the same. except maybe for the fire department work.

6. CitizenPained

CitizenPained Dissident-Jude

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Women can't be hired in these jobs without first meeting the physical requirements, so that's ridiculous.

7. Stashman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Great double standards you pointed out there.

1. Woman ARE the weaker sex. That's why you do not dig ditches and make your hubby cut the grass and change the tires.

2. If I had my way ALL woman would sleep around, especially on the first date.

3. Woman DO have to be great moms and keep the house together because when there is a divorce and stats show that there will be, they get both kids and house.

8. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Stash, my problem isn't the payscale. My issue is that these are jobs which have been determined to have certain specific physical requirements which must by met in order for an individual to properly fulfill their duties. They must be able to run, lift, carry, fight, and sustain physical activities in order to do their jobs on a daily basis.

If I'm a 180 lb male firefighter who was made to prove I could carry a 200 lbs to get my job, I don't want to be teamed up with a 145 lb female firefighter who only had to prove she could carry 150 lbs, because if I get in trouble SHE CAN'T GET ME OUT OF IT!!!!! That puts MY SAFETY at risk.

That's just one of the many complaints I've seen and heard from these people over time. I could go into others, but I think you get the idea.

9. Stashman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Great point man! That's the exact reason I don't think woman should be in combat.

10. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,141
    I have to question the intelligence of any man who expresses this issue in mixed company, sorry.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2