Are the US taxpayers obligated to bail out Puerto Rico

Is it fair that they get taxpayer-funded hurricane assistance?

• Yes

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters
I guess you are kind of trying to say that there is no Federal Law that the Federal Government MUST use Federal Funds to help rebuild any areas in America which are damaged by natural or man-made disaster.

But that not doing so would be akin to putting a political gun to one's head and pulling the political trigger.
If reading between the lines is what you are getting at you are correct in that assumption, but incorrect in what I was actually saying ...the left has no argument where racism and its sister debating tactics [misogyny, xenophobia, etc. etc.] are not found so they must be interjected and employed, so when lightning speed success occurs in America by Americans something needs to be done to create convoluted dot connecting so the communists can paint the Americans with a bigoted brush, it is the commie go to play...Look at what the left has claimed in this situation...the left is claiming that America putting America first is racist [that is not a typo, just commie logic explained and makes perfect sense to the commies in America] so by giving PR massive amounts of aid deprives theleft of mocking America of our generosity and compassion they are forced to go with their last best propaganda line...what took so long you capitalist pigs?

Although it is the Christian and charitable thing to do, remember: Puerto Rico is not a state, therefore they pay no personal federal income tax.

What say ye?
What a dumb fucking question. :cuckoo:

Did we ask Texans to show their tax returns when we sent them help following hurricane Harvey? What about Florida? Did they have show their tax returns in order to receive aid following hurricane Irma?

Puerto Ricans are Americans. We help them in times like these. I don't care how rightarded you are.

Because it doesn't matter where they are... they are American citizens and should receive the same amount of support those did in Texas, Florida, or Louisiana. There shouldn't even be a question about this. There shouldn't be any question between morally obligated or just plain obligated.
Hmmm...the problem here is that the left has preached for decades that you should not impose/force your moral beliefs on anyone else...so if there is no difference between moral obligations and what ever the heck "plain obligations" are then shouldn't you be taking the lefties to task for this? and what makes trump racist if it is Americans he is not helping? can you explain that without torturing both logic and the language.

I think I speak for many here, when I respond: What the fuck are you trying to say?
sorry but I am sure that I am not the only here who cannot get past your obviously bogus claim of "I think"!

Although it is the Christian and charitable thing to do, remember: Puerto Rico is not a state, therefore they pay no personal federal income tax.

What say ye?

Did we ask Texans to show their tax returns when we sent them help following hurricane Harvey? What about Florida? Did they have show their tax returns in order to receive aid following hurricane Irma?

Puerto Ricans are Americans. We help them in times like these. I don't care how rightarded you are.
And here we are once again connecting dots where they ain't....no one was asked about their income tax, and puerto ricans are being helped in times just like these, so stop saying they are not, in fact they are being aided with money from taxes from states like the ones you mentioned but somehow you forgot to mention they [PR] did not kick in anything to help those states, you just parroted the media commie line that makes sure those things are dismissed and ignored.

22045672_1470654963025512_3541927885997078694_n.jpg
10,000 troops have been there for awhile with another 7,000 plus National Guardsman on their way or maybe already there too. There are plenty of supplies there already but having trouble with distribution. The place is flattened and a much worse mess than either Texas or Florida.

What say ye?

And here we are once again connecting dots where they ain't....no one was asked about their income tax, and puerto ricans are being helped in times just like these, so stop saying they are not, in fact they are being aided with money from taxes from states like the ones you mentioned but somehow you forgot to mention they [PR] did not kick in anything to help those states, you just parroted the media commie line that makes sure those things are dismissed and ignored.
Spot the disconnect....

Are the US taxpayers obligated to bail out Puerto Rico

no one was asked about their income tax

Now go take your meds and sleep this one off. :cuckoo:

Because it doesn't matter where they are... they are American citizens and should receive the same amount of support those did in Texas, Florida, or Louisiana. There shouldn't even be a question about this. There shouldn't be any question between morally obligated or just plain obligated.
Hmmm...the problem here is that the left has preached for decades that you should not impose/force your moral beliefs on anyone else...so if there is no difference between moral obligations and what ever the heck "plain obligations" are then shouldn't you be taking the lefties to task for this? and what makes trump racist if it is Americans he is not helping? can you explain that without torturing both logic and the language.

I think I speak for many here, when I respond: What the fuck are you trying to say?

Ok. I will try to translate your post.
"Liberals, as communists, are racist, because some clown who voted democrat in 1866, founded the KKK, and Trump, being Christ's representative on earth, loves all brown people, and tries very hard to help them, as long as they do not interfere with his golf game. Trump is unfairly criticized, just because Carnival Cruise Lines showed up to rescue Trump's little brown brothers at least two days before the US arrived with aid. but, that is not Trump's fault, because Puerto Ricans are lazy, and don't bother to help themselves. Having said that, let's talk about the SOB's in the NFL who consistently insist on exercising their First Amendment rights, even though that pisses Trump off."

It is a US Territory and thus they are citizens of the United States.

So, Yes.

Far more important is they are human beings.

No one is helping Cuba and there's no excuse for that.

Interestingly, the US Virgin Islands have gotten much more than PR has. BUT, they are several very small islands, with a total population of about 100K. Fewer of them and easier to get to but they got help much faster. Why?

BTW, pino trump has property on the island of Vieques. We still haven't heard from our friend there. We got an email from his wife, who was already in NY. She cannot get home and has no way of finding out if her husband is dead or alive.

How much did you send to cuba?

Cuba is offering help to Puerto Rico.

10,000 troops have been there for awhile with another 7,000 plus National Guardsman on their way or maybe already there too. There are plenty of supplies there already but having trouble with distribution. The place is flattened and a much worse mess than either Texas or Florida.

"Liberals, as communists, are racist, because some clown who voted democrat in 1866, founded the KKK, and Trump, being Christ's representative on earth, loves all brown people, and tries very hard to help them, as long as they do not interfere with his golf game. Trump is unfairly criticized, just because Carnival Cruise Lines showed up to rescue Trump's little brown brothers at least two days before the US arrived with aid. but, that is not Trump's fault, because Puerto Ricans are lazy, and don't bother to help themselves. Having said that, let's talk about the SOB's in the NFL who consistently insist on exercising their First A'mendment rights, even though that pisses Trump off."
lol...take a good look at this/your post...according to this you are translating your own post to you, [again not a typo]

YOU; "I think I speak for many here, when I respond: What the fuck are you trying to say?"

Directly after that, YOU AGAIN;
"Ok. I will try to translate your post."Liberals, as communists, are racist, because some clown who voted democrat in 1866, founded the KKK, and Trump, being Christ's representative on earth, loves all brown people, and tries very hard to help them, as long as they do not interfere with his golf game. Trump is unfairly criticized, just because Carnival Cruise Lines showed up to rescue Trump's little brown brothers at least two days before the US arrived with aid. but, that is not Trump's fault, because Puerto Ricans are lazy, and don't bother to help themselves. Having said that, let's talk about the SOB's in the NFL who consistently insist on exercising their First A'mendment rights, even though that pisses Trump off."

And finally what I actually said/asked and you have proven to be prophetic on my part.:
"can you explain that without torturing both logic and the language." to which the correct answer is NO!

Wow. Y'all didn't say shit when red state Texas and Florida have their hand out for welfare .
dang! could the lefts anti-American bias be anymore obvious?...dear timmy, the entire point of the thread is see if we should bail out PR [we should] like we would if it were a state...and why are you claiming PR is looking for a welfare handout?...do you really consider their state of emergency to be a welfare handout?

Why don't you just cite for us the applicable differences, IN THE LAW, between the federal government's obligations to citizens living in states vs. citizens living in territories.

Why don't you just go find that buck in your avi, so he can pummel you proper?

The dirty little secret is that U.S. taxpayers bail out Puerto Rico every freaking day. About 21 billion is allocated by the U.S. to Puerto Rico every year and disappears through lack of supervision by federal agencies. Drain the freaking swamp.
Well, you're half right, let me tell you what you got wrong

Money is not disappearing, for lack of supervision...

Oh no, Congress created their financial woes, then,
put themselves in charge of their finances, some time ago...
Add Wall Street to the equation, and there you have it.

Once again, fucked every which way til Sunday,
by the greedy wolves of Wall Street and corrupt politicians!

If we keep allowing them to do, what they've always done,
we'll keep getting, what we've always gotten...
NOTHING CHANGES, IF NOTHING CHANGES!

Awhile back, I came across a news piece.
Congress, would be deciding whether or not
Puerto Rico would become our 51st state.

Reading the article produced a ton of questions
So, naturally, I Googled

The more I learned, the more I Googled,
the more I Googled, the more I discovered

What a fucking mess!
I KNEW Congress would give Puerto Rico
the middle finger and not two thumbs up!

I don't know how but, I believe
the devastation in PR from the hurricane,
somehow, provides a solution or opportunity
to what can turn into, 2008 part 2!

Links you can find out more

Wall Street's Role in Puerto Rico's Debt Woes

Banks Rack Up Big Fees from Puerto Rico Bond Deals

How Wall Street has Profited from Puerto Rico's Misery

Congress was well aware that PR was creating

If we can bail out Red States, then we can bail out Puerto Rico.

"Liberals, as communists, are racist, because some clown who voted democrat in 1866, founded the KKK, and Trump, being Christ's representative on earth, loves all brown people, and tries very hard to help them, as long as they do not interfere with his golf game. Trump is unfairly criticized, just because Carnival Cruise Lines showed up to rescue Trump's little brown brothers at least two days before the US arrived with aid. but, that is not Trump's fault, because Puerto Ricans are lazy, and don't bother to help themselves. Having said that, let's talk about the SOB's in the NFL who consistently insist on exercising their First A'mendment rights, even though that pisses Trump off."
lol...take a good look at this/your post...according to this you are translating your own post to you, [again not a typo]

YOU; "I think I speak for many here, when I respond: What the fuck are you trying to say?"

"Ok. I will try to translate your post."Liberals, as communists, are racist, because some clown who voted democrat in 1866, founded the KKK, and Trump, being Christ's representative on earth, loves all brown people, and tries very hard to help them, as long as they do not interfere with his golf game. Trump is unfairly criticized, just because Carnival Cruise Lines showed up to rescue Trump's little brown brothers at least two days before the US arrived with aid. but, that is not Trump's fault, because Puerto Ricans are lazy, and don't bother to help themselves. Having said that, let's talk about the SOB's in the NFL who consistently insist on exercising their First A'mendment rights, even though that pisses Trump off."

And finally what I actually said/asked and you have proven to be prophetic on my part.:
"can you explain that without torturing both logic and the language." to which the correct answer is NO!

Sorry, Frank. Trump speaks on a 3rd grade level, and everything he says is simply misinformation and lies. You on the other hand, babble in gobbledegook, and say nothing. It is difficult to switch back and forth. it is like listening to Sarah Palin describing Paul Revere's ride, while reading a William F. Buckley article about trickle down economics at the same time.

Last edited:
...Why Christians and conservatives are the most racist and the least to go out of their way to help refugees and others in crisis? Wouldn't Jesus go above and beyond to help and provide?
Why don't you tell us all about the marvelous job that the Islamic world is doing to take-in and assimilate and provide relief for millions of Syrian war refugees?

It's a law designed to protect American shipping between American ports by saying that ships carrying goods from American port to American port have to be American made and flagged ships.
So the free market is not a good thing?
Not when it interferes with humanitarian relief after a catastrophic event that threatens life and health on a massive scale.

..........."People are still taking care of their families," Gottleib said.
`
The pharmaceutical factory there is not the industrial/economic base of Puerto Rico. This is to say, it does not provide an economic base for the 'country.' It actually has a far larger manufacturing base but nowhere near as large to sustain it's debt load. Their leaders leveraged out the country so bad, the US banks can easily move in and take control of it's governing. Do you think the US government should forcefully remove all or part of Puerto Rico's debt?

Here is something about the resources of Puerto Rico from What are the natural resources of Puerto Rico?

The two main minerals found in Puerto Rico are nickel and copper. These minerals are mined and then used in various manufacturing processes, both in Puerto Rico and in other areas of the world. Construction companies use gravel, stone and sand gathered in Puerto Rico for various projects, such as building homes and businesses. Many tourists love the beaches of Puerto Rico, which are also where fish gather for an abundant food supply. Not only does the area supply large quantities of seafood, it also provides access to a large store of crude oil, which is drilled in the ocean waters. This provides jobs and fuel for Puerto Rico's citizens.

The farmlands have soil that is rich in nutrients, allowing nearly year-round growth of various crops. Some of the world's supply of pineapples, coffee, sugarcane and bananas comes from Puerto Rico. Trees for firewood and timber for building are also abundant in the forests.

Here is something about the resources of Puerto Rico from What are the natural resources of Puerto Rico?The two main minerals found in Puerto Rico are nickel and copper. These minerals are mined and then used in various manufacturing processes, both in Puerto Rico and in other areas of the world. Construction companies use gravel, stone and sand gathered in Puerto Rico for various projects, such as building homes and businesses. Many tourists love the beaches of Puerto Rico, which are also where fish gather for an abundant food supply. Not only does the area supply large quantities of seafood, it also provides access to a large store of crude oil, which is drilled in the ocean waters. This provides jobs and fuel for Puerto Rico's citizens.The farmlands have soil that is rich in nutrients, allowing nearly year-round growth of various crops. Some of the world's supply of pineapples, coffee, sugarcane and bananas comes from Puerto Rico. Trees for firewood and timber for building are also
abundant in the forests.[/QUOTE]
`

Puerto Rico's future lays in agriculture and tourism. The entire mineral wealth of PR cannot sustain the economy. Industry is not a viable option. Who is going to invest in a "failed state?" The banks and wall street are willing to invest BUT want oversight and control and doing that will further plunge Puerto Rico in debt. The ruling 1% there has to go first before anything can be done.

Sorry, Frank. Trump speaks on a 3rd grade level, and everything he says is simply misinformation and lies. You on the other hand, babble in gobbledegook, and say nothing. It is difficult to switch back and forth. it is like listening to Sarah Palin describing Paul Revere's ride, while reading a William F. Buckley article about trickle down economics at the same time.
From the above post one could easily draw the conclusion that you do not understand anything you read.

From the above post one could easily draw the conclusion that you do not understand anything you read.

One could easily reay your post and come to the conclusion that you take yourself much more seriously than others do.

Forum List

Back