Are the Crusades relevant?

Are the Crusades relevant?

• Yes. I'm scared of being killed by Christians.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I'm not scared of being killed by Christians.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Yes. Other.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No. Other

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Some people want to compare the actions of ISIS and the actions of the Taliban to the Crusades.

I see them as totally separate things. The Crusades happened over a thousand years ago and pose no danger to any person living today.

The actions of Islamic terrorists are prevalent today and could happen anywhere at any time.

Perhaps I am unable to see the relevance because I am a comfortable person posing as a Christian therefore I am no threat to the violence of Christians.

Are there any non-Christians in here that feel like Fundamentalist Christians might kill them or wage war somewhere in the world? I just don't see it. I only see the Crusades as a source of history. History does have it's value and its place. I see no need to take measures to protect ourselves from violent Christians in today's world. I do see the need to take measures to protect ourselves from violent Muslims in today's world. Am I the only one that sees the difference between Christians and Muslims?

The crusades were all about killing Muslims and Jews. On the way to kill Muslims the supposed Christian armies stopped at Jewish settlements and wiped them off of Gods earth for supplies, the whole villages)---proving 100% they are far removed from God and his son as well as all of the branches that broke off of that tree. Everyone knows-- a good tree produces good fruit, a rotten tree produces rotten fruit.

Oh the Crusaders also spent a fair amount of time killing fellow Christians also.

Such as the largest Christian city of the world at the time- Constantinople.

More confusion over false identification.

There is very little chance of being killed by a true Christian, but not at all unlikely by someone calling him/her self 'Christian'.

As with many names and terms, mis-use has destroyed meaning.

Anyway, the Crusades were primarily territorial and not conducted to convert. Even when confessions were forced, there was no follow up or policing of practice. The Crusades may not have been very Christian in the true sense of the word, but there is no comparison to Daesh and their false 'jihad'.

The Crusades were done in the name of Christianity- and authorized by the then head of the Christian church.

And the Northern Crusades were done specifically to convert the pagans under threat of death to Christians.

But I agree the Crusaders have little in common with Daesh or Muslim Extermism- other than the willing to kill in the name of religion.

The Crusades are relevant even though it may be ancient history.

So what did we learn if anything? We learned that religion mixed with the state leads to wars in the name of God. Looking at the life and teaching of Christ, this clearly does not represent Christianity.

Constantine, who created the state driven war machine in the name of Christ, was not even a Christian. He still worshiped pagan gods, although it was rumored he converted on his death bed.

After the Inquisitions and murder of Jews across Western Europe, Christianity finally deviated from theocracy and all of the statist abuses associated with it.

Islam has not learned any such lesson. In fact, with Islam it is prohibited from separating church and state. Sharia law proves this.

Just to remind you- the vast majority of Muslims are no more are in favor of violence than the vast majority of Christians were in favor of the violence during the Crusades and the Inquisition or are in favor of violence now.

1% of a billion Muslims is 10 million Muslims. Way more than 1% of Muslims love the violence that is being committed against the disgusting and filthy infidels. They love to see us die.

Some people want to compare the actions of ISIS and the actions of the Taliban to the Crusades.

I see them as totally separate things. The Crusades happened over a thousand years ago and pose no danger to any person living today.

The actions of Islamic terrorists are prevalent today and could happen anywhere at any time.

Perhaps I am unable to see the relevance because I am a comfortable person posing as a Christian therefore I am no threat to the violence of Christians.

Are there any non-Christians in here that feel like Fundamentalist Christians might kill them or wage war somewhere in the world? I just don't see it. I only see the Crusades as a source of history. History does have it's value and its place. I see no need to take measures to protect ourselves from violent Christians in today's world. I do see the need to take measures to protect ourselves from violent Muslims in today's world. Am I the only one that sees the difference between Christians and Muslims?

The crusades were all about killing Muslims and Jews. On the way to kill Muslims the supposed Christian armies stopped at Jewish settlements and wiped them off of Gods earth for supplies, the whole villages)---proving 100% they are far removed from God and his son as well as all of the branches that broke off of that tree. Everyone knows-- a good tree produces good fruit, a rotten tree produces rotten fruit.
The crusades were a response to muslim invasion, period. The spanish inquisition can be laid at the feet of the moors. A reaction to the most barbaric experience a people had ever seen. I suppose Contantinople went from christian to muslim by democratic vote. Or was it by "kill the men rape the women"? You know the traditional muslim trajectory.

Just to remind you- the vast majority of Muslims are no more are in favor of violence than the vast majority of Christians were in favor of the violence during the Crusades and the Inquisition or are in favor of violence now.

1% of a billion Muslims is 10 million Muslims. Way more than 1% of Muslims love the violence that is being committed against the disgusting and filthy infidels. They love to see us die.

Yep- to you all Muslims just love to see you die.

Even though most of the violence by Muslim extremists is against true observant Muslims.

The crusades were a response to muslim invasion, period. The spanish inquisition can be laid at the feet of the moors. A reaction to the most barbaric experience a people had ever seen. I suppose Contantinople went from christian to muslim by democratic vote. Or was it by "kill the men rape the women"? You know the traditional muslim trajectory.

Well Constantinople 'fell' to the Muslims- as a direct result of the Crusades.

You know- after the Crusaders sacked Constanople- the largest city in Christendom- it never regained its military strength and therefore was relatively easy pickings for the Muslims.

I am not defending Muslim conquests- but as someone who reads history ignoring Christian conquests and atrocities committed as part of the 'spread' of Christianity is just ignorant.

Christian conquestadors brutally conquered the Incan and Aztec empires- along with countless other American civilizations- burning their manuscripts, raping their women, forcing their peoples into slavery.

Does this mean all Christians are bad? Of course not.

But bad people do bad things in the names of religion.

Of all the reasons that humans go to war over, religion has got to be without a doubt the dumbest.

Of all the reasons that humans go to war over, religion has got to be without a doubt the dumbest.

I saw an episode of Star Trek where the creatures in a far away solar system were killing each other because one group believed the gods created the universe in 9 days. The infidels believed it took the gods 10 days.

And Jesus taught-- return evil for evil to no one-- False religions kill each other in hatred. Jesus taught love--Love your enemy means to return love for evil. Love conquers all, the bible teaches.

The Ku Klux Klan was a Christian organization. Does anybody feel threatened by the Ku Klux Klan today?

No they were not Christian. They may have been told they were but proved they are far removed from God and his son. There is no trinity god in existence, they are being mislead, they are not Christian. Their bloodguilt through the years has amassed to the heavens.

Yes they are a Christian organization in the same manner that the Taliban are a Muslim organization. However the Ku Klux Klan are irrelevant.

The Ku Klux Klan was a Christian organization. Does anybody feel threatened by the Ku Klux Klan today?

No they were not Christian. They may have been told they were but proved they are far removed from God and his son. There is no trinity god in existence, they are being mislead, they are not Christian. Their bloodguilt through the years has amassed to the heavens.

Yes they are a Christian organization in the same manner that the Taliban are a Muslim organization. However the Ku Klux Klan are irrelevant.

Not one with hate in their heart for their brothers whom God created is a true Christian. Not all is as appears in a satan ruled system of things.

The Ku Klux Klan was a Christian organization.

Antichristian organisation. Christians don't burn crosses and Christians don't murder people - specially not on reasons of racism.

Does anybody feel threatened by the Ku Klux Klan today?

An US-American who lives not in fear of US-american racists would be an idiot.

Last edited:
Not one with hate in their heart for their brothers whom God created is a true Christian. Not all is as appears in a satan ruled system of things.

Technically the Ku Klux Klan were Protestant but Protestantism is a descendant of Christianity.
They promote the same Christian ideology that you are discussing. Black people weren't murdered by the Ku Klux Klan because they were black. That is false information. That probably happened on occasion but that wasn't the goal of the Ku Klux Klan. They just enforced their standards on black people more strictly. That was based on their racist view that white people were more trainable than black people. They believed a white guy could learn his lesson with a good beating. They believed a black guy was unable to learn his lesson. That racist view is probably why black people were killed more often by the Klan than white people were.

Many white men were beaten silly by the Klu Klux Klan for spousal abuse, drunkenness and laziness. They really believe that a man who doesn't provide for his family is worse than an infidel. The Klan was an unofficial police force in rural areas where the official police force was unavailable. Their law was just a little different than the official law of the land. They were similar to the Taliban in some respects. If you say the Ku Klux Klan was not a Christian organization then you have to resign that the Taliban isn't a Muslim organization.

Forum List

Back