Are the Crusades relevant?

Are the Crusades relevant?

• Yes. I'm scared of being killed by Christians.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I'm not scared of being killed by Christians.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Yes. Other.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No. Other

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Of all the reasons that humans go to war over, religion has got to be without a doubt the dumbest.

I saw an episode of Star Trek where the creatures in a far away solar system were killing each other because one group believed the gods created the universe in 9 days. The infidels believed it took the gods 10 days.

I studied before 9/11 a very long list of real wars all around the world of the last 350 years. Not one of this wars had religious reasons. The most strange reason I found there was a war between nations with weapons because of football. Idiotic. But I have to say in those days I thought not about the religion atheism as a reason for wars. It could be today exists indeed a kind of war between a militant Atheism and a militant Islamism. Both of this sides fight - sometimes only with words but also with weapons - against Christians too.

Last edited:
Yep- to you all Muslims just love to see you die.

Not all of them. Just a small percentage of Muslims would love to see me die.

A small percentage of 1.6 billion Muslims is a lot of people.

So you go through your life in fear because you believe millions of Muslims want to kill you?

How very sad.

You live your life in blissful ignorance even when you see reality. How very happy!

You choose to live your life focusing on the extreme minority of persons in the world who might- if given the opportunity- choose to do you harm.

I choose to live my life.

Not one with hate in their heart for their brothers whom God created is a true Christian. Not all is as appears in a satan ruled system of things.

Technically the Ku Klux Klan were Protestant but Protestantism is a descendant of Christianity.
They promote the same Christian ideology that you are discussing. Black people weren't murdered by the Ku Klux Klan because they were black. That is false information. That probably happened on occasion but that wasn't the goal of the Ku Klux Klan. They just enforced their standards on black people more strictly. That was based on their racist view that white people were more trainable than black people. They believed a white guy could learn his lesson with a good beating. They believed a black guy was unable to learn his lesson. That racist view is probably why black people were killed more often by the Klan than white people were.

Many white men were beaten silly by the Klu Klux Klan for spousal abuse, drunkenness and laziness. They really believe that a man who doesn't provide for his family is worse than an infidel. The Klan was an unofficial police force in rural areas where the official police force was unavailable. Their law was just a little different than the official law of the land. They were similar to the Taliban in some respects. If you say the Ku Klux Klan was not a Christian organization then you have to resign that the Taliban isn't a Muslim organization.

The kkk no matter what--are far removed from God. Jesus taught--Love-forgiveness--not beating another or killing them. No one Far removed from God is an actual Christian--- They just use the Christian name and then drag Jesus' name through the mud by their actions.

Not one with hate in their heart for their brothers whom God created is a true Christian. Not all is as appears in a satan ruled system of things.

Technically the Ku Klux Klan were Protestant ...

Technically people who are burning crosses are Antichristians.

"98% of all jokers are going to the wrong costume ball."

Not actually, because Jesus who is the exact image of God=Love--would NEVER have a torture death device as the front of his religion. The great apostasy brought it in.
Some religions using that cross( icon)--kiss it, bow down to a graven Image that there is no life in it--it is a hand carved image.
The Real Jesus is sitting on his throne in heaven.
Statues and Icons are forbidden in Gods written word.

The Crusades were a reaction against the Islamic invasion of the Holy places in the Middle East , in the name of Christianity.

Christianity isn't a religion that wants to conquer or kill all other religions as part of its fundamental principles.

Islam however is just the opposite, it is based on the principle of jihad against all non believers who - as we all know well - must either be converted or killed.

Fundamental Christianity does not have as its guiding principles converting the whole world to its religion or the killing and subjugation of non believers.

There is a reason after all.....Islam is referred to as "The Religion of Piss - oops - Peace" :rolleyes-41:

The Crusades were a reaction against the Islamic invasion of the Holy places in the Middle East , in the name of Christianity.

Christianity isn't a religion that wants to conquer or kill all other religions as part of its fundamental principles.

Islam however is just the opposite, it is based on the principle of jihad against all non believers who - as we all know well - must either be converted or killed.

Fundamental Christianity does not have as its guiding principles converting the whole world to its religion or the killing and subjugation of non believers.

There is a reason after all.....Islam is referred to as "The Religion of Piss - oops - Peace" :rolleyes-41:

It's much more easy. The Normans (from France) had conquered in 1066 England and became the most important might in Europe. The Seljuks (a turkish tribe from Asia) had conquered Jerusalem and Mekka. Both events destabalized, so "the world" or "the history" had to find a new balance. Jerusalem was seen as the spiritual center of the world - or with other words: only who was in the center of the world had a chance not to be ignored from world history. Today we could call the crusades perhaps a "minimal invasive strategy". A side-effect of this line of history is it to try to find a way to India and China (the real Orient), without having to pass the lands of the Muslims. And this strategy leaded over the pirates of the Caribean to the situation that english is not the most unknown language in the world.

If we would be intelligent in the western world, then we could sell the crusades as a tyring to make free Jerusalem and Mekka - but what can I say? We are idiots! We say it was not good to murder so many people only on reasons of the politics of might. We say we should trust in the wisdom of god and not trust in the power of the weapons. Unfortunatelly still today sometimes we don't have any plan or idea what to do, except to use weapons, as it is in case of Islamists. They are a threat for everyone in the world - also a most dangerous threat for the Muslims. So I am today also not sure wether we are not in a kind of "holy war" against the dark mights too. Enlightenment alone seems not to help in the moment. Perhaps we need some knights or samurai as for example Templar or Shaolin. I don't know. I hate violence very much.

"Do you hear the grashopper which is not at your feet?"

Last edited:

Not actually, because Jesus who is the exact image of God=Love--would NEVER have a torture death device as the front of his religion. The great apostasy brought it in.
Some religions using that cross( icon)--kiss it, bow down to a graven Image that there is no life in it--it is a hand carved image.

I hope you don't expect a serios answer.

Last edited:

When a truth is shared--there is no answer.

Can't you say that about anybody? and then can't I say that about you?

Who burns crosses is anti-Christian. Who murders people is anti-Christian. So what exactly do you like to say to me?

People who eat apples aren't true Christian. People who have never read the Bible cover to cover aren't true Christian. There is an unlimited number of excuses I can make to exclude the Christians that make me uncomfortable. The KKK was a Christian organization. You'd have a hard time finding a historian who would disagree.

Who burns crosses is anti-Christian. Who murders people is anti-Christian. So what exactly do you like to say to me?

People who eat apples aren't true Christian.

Says a light bulb which wants to be an electric chair? How are you able to take yourselve on your own serios with such "thoughts"?

People who have never read the Bible

=Most Christians and nearly all others.

cover to cover aren't true Christian.

Do you use drugs? Hundreds of years Christians had no bible - and later nearly no one was for centuries able to read - and still today after we teached everyone to read - the knowledge of the for Christian most important languages hebrew, aramaic, greek and latin is also not the best.

There is an unlimited number of excuses

If someone needs an excuse it's to late. You remember me to an english soldier of world war 2 who became a friend of a german soldier of the same war decades later. He said in TV: "Although he never asked me for forgiveness I forgave him". I never understood what he liked to forgive on what reason.

I can make to exclude the Christians that make me uncomfortable. The KKK was a Christian organization. You'd have a hard time finding a historian who would disagree.

The KKK is a racistic paramilitaristic organisation founded in 1865 as a reaction to the war between North and South of this state which is today known under the name USA.

Last edited:

When a truth is shared--there is no answer.

Everyone is an answer to everything what had happened before him.

People who eat apples aren't true Christian. People who have never read the Bible cover to cover aren't true Christian. There is an unlimited number of excuses I can make to exclude the Christians that make me uncomfortable. The KKK was a Christian organization. You'd have a hard time finding a historian who would disagree.

Most see like this-2Cor 4:4-- reality--99% of all religions claiming to be Christian--aren't--they do not teach what Jesus taught--They teach what was taught to them in the schools of mens dogma--they get paid to teach religious dogmas.

Most see like this-2Cor 4:4-- reality--99% of all religions claiming to be Christian--aren't--they do not teach what Jesus taught--They teach what was taught to them in the schools of mens dogma--they get paid to teach religious dogmas.

I stand corrected. The Ku Klux Klan were Protestants.

I stand corrected. The Ku Klux Klan were Protestants.

I see the KKK as a local US-american phenomernon. It's not seldom that after wars paramilitaristic organisations try to ignore the results of wars. Specially in this war, where as far as I can see the army of the South was much better than the army of the North. Only the bigger resources of the army of the North decided the result of this war. From my point of view the rebirth of such a movement as it is the KKK shows that the USA has the ability to win every war with military power - but is not able to win peace. Not even in the own country. In this context I am worried about that 75% of the aborted human beings of the USA are Afro-americans. ¿Genocide?

With the word "protestant" I can do nothing in this context. If you call the KKK "protestants" then my question could be for example how many churches they built or how many people are going to their church services - what would be absurde. The KKK is still a paramilitaristic organisation dominated from the will to force others to do what their will is. Terror is only one strategy in such contextes.

Last edited:

"Unity, freedom and botherhood" are for example christian "dogmas" - used as political dogmas from atheists in this case. Such "dogmas" tarned often also other sentences of the same atheists as for example : "Hang the last priest with the intestine of the last noble". I guess the last atheistic "dogma" is also a problem of the world today - for example in such a version: "Hang the last Christian with the intestines of the last American".

Last edited:
.... as far as I can see the army of the South was much better than the army of the North. Only the bigger resources of the army of the North decided the result of this war....

Advantage in resources was only one of many factors that made victory for the North extremely likely.

Forum List

Back