Are the Crusades relevant?

Are the Crusades relevant?

• Yes. I'm scared of being killed by Christians.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I'm not scared of being killed by Christians.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Yes. Other.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No. Other

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Some people want to compare the actions of ISIS and the actions of the Taliban to the Crusades.

I see them as totally separate things. The Crusades happened over a thousand years ago and pose no danger to any person living today.

The actions of Islamic terrorists are prevalent today and could happen anywhere at any time.

Perhaps I am unable to see the relevance because I am a comfortable person posing as a Christian therefore I am no threat to the violence of Christians.

Are there any non-Christians in here that feel like Fundamentalist Christians might kill them or wage war somewhere in the world? I just don't see it. I only see the Crusades as a source of history. History does have it's value and its place. I see no need to take measures to protect ourselves from violent Christians in today's world. I do see the need to take measures to protect ourselves from violent Muslims in today's world. Am I the only one that sees the difference between Christians and Muslims?

Most see the difference, but many are afraid to say so (in this country) due to Democrat and media support of Islamism.

As a moderate Christian meaning I do not adhere to the "end times stuff with Jesus coming down from the sky" yes I have a probable with fundamentalist Christians who believe this , preach this, and think any war to protect Israel is worth the end of days.

The Crusades were a response to the forcible conversions and massacres by the Moslem hordes.

Greg

I'm not afraid of being killed by Christians but I'm concerned about their vision of a US being dominated by Christian dogmas. I see laws concerning gay marriage, abortion, and teaching of ID as attempts at a theocracy. Not all Christians but a vocal group.

The Crusades were a response to the forcible conversions and massacres by the Moslem hordes.

Greg

No first they were sparked by a few jews who instilled that God gave jews the land of Canaan, and the Muslim groups went to Jerusalem to fight the RC and EO.

I am agnostic as they come. I think man made religions are bullshit.
I also think comparing the crusades to islam is bullshit. There is no comparison.
Even ignoring terrorist acts, an over abundance of Islamic people have much anger. I read a poll a couple years ago that showed 40% of sunni muslims think the shia are an abomination to islam. We all know what that means! That's like 600M people!!
Islam is savagery. Christianity no longer is.

I'm not afraid of being killed by Christians but I'm concerned about their vision of a US being dominated by Christian dogmas. I see laws concerning gay marriage, abortion, and teaching of ID as attempts at a theocracy. Not all Christians but a vocal group.

Not only that. They could jump out from a bush and force you to read the New Testament.

The Ku Klux Klan was a Christian organization. Does anybody feel threatened by the Ku Klux Klan today?

Jesus taught people to turn the other cheek if they were struck. Muhammad taught his people to strike the necks of unbelievers (with a sword) and cut off their finger tips also. Here lies the cause of conflict.
If Christians follow Jesus teachings they will love their enemies, If Muslims follow Muhammad they will hate unbelievers.

Jesus taught people to turn the other cheek if they were struck. Muhammad taught his people to strike the necks of unbelievers (with a sword) and cut off their finger tips also. Here lies the cause of conflict.
If Christians follow Jesus teachings they will love their enemies, If Muslims follow Muhammad they will hate unbelievers.

What do you predict is the ultimate outcome? Humans love martyrs. Humans love war heroes too. Which method draws more converts?

What do you predict is the ultimate outcome? Humans love martyrs. Humans love war heroes too. Which method draws more converts?

I am confident that the problem with Muslims will be resolved in the next hundred years. When middle east meets western culture, as they have done since jet travel. The west will grind down Islam, and there will be less Muslim fanatics.

I agree with Dajjal that Islam will ultimately lose this war. Islam is a stupid, backwards, inferior religion, so logically it follows that it will be defeated by the West, which is superior in every way. I think Muslims know this, which is why they are so angry.

Some people want to compare the actions of ISIS and the actions of the Taliban to the Crusades.

I see them as totally separate things. The Crusades happened over a thousand years ago and pose no danger to any person living today.

The actions of Islamic terrorists are prevalent today and could happen anywhere at any time.

Perhaps I am unable to see the relevance because I am a comfortable person posing as a Christian therefore I am no threat to the violence of Christians.

Are there any non-Christians in here that feel like Fundamentalist Christians might kill them or wage war somewhere in the world? I just don't see it. I only see the Crusades as a source of history. History does have it's value and its place. I see no need to take measures to protect ourselves from violent Christians in today's world. I do see the need to take measures to protect ourselves from violent Muslims in today's world. Am I the only one that sees the difference between Christians and Muslims?

The crusades are without any relevance, otherwise would Erdogan -the turkish supporter of the islamic state and ally of the western world - not fight against the Kurds who fight on their own against the Islamists. Saladin - who wan the war against the Franks - was a Kurd once. I heard the crusades were about 200 years ago in the world of the Muslims called "The Frankonian wars". This changed with the english colonialisms, imperialism. The american empire is in the followership of the british empire. The use of the crusades has only propagandistic reasons in this context. I fear everyone is an idiot in this conflict.

Last edited:
More confusion over false identification.

There is very little chance of being killed by a true Christian, but not at all unlikely by someone calling him/her self 'Christian'.

As with many names and terms, mis-use has destroyed meaning.

Anyway, the Crusades were primarily territorial and not conducted to convert. Even when confessions were forced, there was no follow up or policing of practice. The Crusades may not have been very Christian in the true sense of the word, but there is no comparison to Daesh and their false 'jihad'.

The crusades were all about killing Muslims and Jews. On the way to kill Muslims the supposed Christian armies stopped at Jewish settlements and wiped them off of Gods earth for supplies, the whole villages)---proving 100% they are far removed from God and his son as well as all of the branches that broke off of that tree. Everyone knows-- a good tree produces good fruit, a rotten tree produces rotten fruit.

Relevant in what way?

As another example of how religious extremism can turn extremely violent?

I see the need to defend ourselves from violent people- including those who profuse to be Muslims- or Christians.

Just to remind you- the vast majority of Muslims are no more are in favor of violence than the vast majority of Christians were in favor of the violence during the Crusades and the Inquisition or are in favor of violence now.

Forum List

Back