Are Sex Offender Registries Unconstitutional?

There are very few to NO pedophiles who get jail time without physical evidence.

Usually quite disgusting and painful physical evidence.

I say let them serve their sentence and then set them loose, free of restrictions.

Or depending on the severity of the crime, perhaps just ship them off to another place in the world where fucking children or young teens isn't a crime, but burn them at the stake if they decide to come back.

Some violent and sexual offenses have further penalties after you get out of prison. Namely controlling where you can live, where you can work, etc. Seems like a violation of due process to impose what amounts to a sentence after you've served your prison one. If you wanna control where a child rapist can live why not just keep them in prison instead? Ultimate in control and perfectly constitutional.

ACLU says offender registry unconstitutional CJOnline.com

ACLU says offender registry unconstitutional
Registry includes sex offenders, people convicted of certain violent crimes
Posted: August 12, 2014
Better get it to the SCOTUS soon.

Pervs will be purged after 2016.

The alternative is to give them the death penalty or life sentences.

So let them choose. They can live out of prison, hobbled by the registry...or they can remain in prison, where the only people they violate are adults.
If an adult molests a child, death is too good, but, cheaper than life in prison as a bitch.

Some violent and sexual offenses have further penalties after you get out of prison. Namely controlling where you can live, where you can work, etc. Seems like a violation of due process to impose what amounts to a sentence after you've served your prison one. If you wanna control where a child rapist can live why not just keep them in prison instead? Ultimate in control and perfectly constitutional.

From SCOTUS? :)

Yup. I agree. Sex offenders that are really offenders do not get better. Change the law and lock them up forever. Telling someone that has legally served their prison term where they can live and what they can do is unconstitutional. It is a failure on the part of the Government, a refusal to create effective laws.
Its a failure to have the guts it takes to execute the bastards.

Until progressives determined that homosexuality was normal, and sex crimes were just good healthy fun, rape was a capital crime in many states..and raping children was ALWAYS a capital crime.
Ah, the good old days before the pervs started taking over.

Yes, and after that from society.

You got a good bunker?

Until progressives determined that homosexuality was normal, and sex crimes were just good healthy fun, rape was a capital crime in many states..and raping children was ALWAYS a capital crime.

Hold the phone for second, you think since gays started becoming more mainstream society in that sex crimes such as rape and pedophelia have become more acceptable in our society? I hope I am misunderstanding your position because it is patently absurd if I am not.

The people who mainstreamed gays as *normal but different* also were responsible for relaxing the sentences and enacting statutes of limitations that make prosecuting sex crimes against children a logistical nightmare, and let child abusing sexual deviants off with a slap on the wrist.

Hold the phone for second, you think since gays started becoming more mainstream society in that sex crimes such as rape and pedophelia have become more acceptable in our society? I hope I am misunderstanding your position because it is patently absurd if I am not.
About the time gay rights became a big issue in the late '60's, capital punishment for rape and pedophilia began to be replaced with lesser punishments.

You can connect the dots.

Oh you don't even need to connect dots, there are straight lines already. In bold. The same guy who portrayed the sexual depravities of homosexuals, pedophiles, convicts, sex offenders and even a nazi war criminal, as *normal* is A. Kinsey...his "studies" are the reason the laws were relaxed and the sentences lightened significantly. His body of work and his ideology are the driving force of the Kinsey Institute, the darling of PP and the organization responsible for providing sex education information and materials to students today.

The ACLU is, as usual, wrong. Pedophilia is not curable.

About the time gay rights became a big issue in the late '60's, capital punishment for rape and pedophilia began to be replaced with lesser punishments.

You can connect the dots.

I am not sure there are many dots to connect to be honest. Gays have only become socially acceptable in mainstream society recently. Rape and pedophelia have always been abhorrent in mainstream society. To claim that the gay rights movement of the 60's and the lessening punishments for rape or pedophelia have any correlation is silly

Forum List

Back