Are Sanctuary cities constitutional?

Right, because SCOTUS stated that the fed can't force states to assist in federal law enforcement issues...which basically all a sanctuary city is is a city that doesn't cooperate with federal officials regarding illegals.

You do know what a sanctuary city is right?
The Feds can do the job without the State's permission, which is what Trump did and the State's didn't get in the way.

The Feds can do the job without the State's permission, which is what Trump did and the State's didn't get in the way.
Exactly. The fact the states officials didn't help is what makes it a sanctuary city.

Did you think sanctuary cities were like some underground railroad or something?

Right, because SCOTUS stated that the fed can't force states to assist in federal law enforcement issues...which basically all a sanctuary city is is a city that doesn't cooperate with federal officials regarding illegals.

You do know what a sanctuary city is right?

If those states and cities won't abide by federal law and assist law-enforcement in keeping the country safe, fuck 'em and feed 'em fish heads.

Do you Democrats really think you're going to be in power forever? You might want to consider what happened after Harry Reid changed the Senate rules about filibuster: It bit you on the ass by costing you one liberal Supreme Court Justice, one who now sits at a desk in the DOJ, with his thumb up his ass.

I live in a sanctuary city. Creating a sanctuary city and ignoring federal immigration laws, I would think 99% of us expect our local government was following our local ideals and OUR wishes. That is NOT TRUE here, in fact, creating so called "sanctuary cities" where NEVER by popular fiat of popular demand. In fact, I can't find out exactly HOW they happen, but its not done openly with wide public knowledge. Let alone voter approval. That has to be unconstitutional. States/cities or municipalities cannot create sanctuaries to anyone or anything without local foreknowledge and our approval. And they did just THAT.
IMO opinion, sanctuary cities/states reflect a sociopolitical mindset that the law will be whatever those in charge say it is, and any law on the books that might interfere with that is ignored or can be damned, especially if it is federal law.

I live in a sanctuary city and state and the cost in human suffering and tragedy as a result has been pretty bad. We just saw where our governor, who oversees a NM that presumably welcomes all illegals, has bussed a whole lot of our illegals to Denver. She of course won't be accused of human trafficking by the left because she is one of them.

Of those still here, 1 in 10 of California's population is illegal and, while no records are kept regarding undocumented residents, I would guess New Mexico is getting close to that ratio itself. Almost all service industries utilize employees who speak little or no English here.

And no, IMO, there is nothing constitutional about that.

Exactly. The fact the states officials didn't help is what makes it a sanctuary city.

Did you think sanctuary cities were like some underground railroad or something?
It's obvious you didn't absorb what I posted.
Take NYS and NYC...neither will enforce the laws on the books and the Feds can't do a thing about it no matter how many people are murdered.

If those states and cities won't abide by federal law and assist law-enforcement in keeping the country safe, fuck 'em and feed 'em fish heads.

Do you Democrats really think you're going to be in power forever? You might want to consider what happened after Harry Reid changed the Senate rules about filibuster: It bit you on the ass by costing you one liberal Supreme Court Justice, one who now sits at a desk with his thumb up his ass, in the DOJ.
Worse...The LibTards here don't care about the victims of crime at all.

Sure. I am not a fan of sanctuary cities either to be honest but I support their right not assist the fed.

Do you Democrats really think you're going to be in power forever? You might want to consider what happened after Harry Reid changed the Senate rules about filibuster: It bit you on the ass by costing you one liberal Supreme Court Justice, one who now sits at a desk in the DOJ, with his thumb up his ass.
I'm not a Democrat and I'm sorry you were proven wrong and now feel the need to threaten the party I have no affiliation with supreme court nonsense.

Don't worry though, I know how this works. You were wrong and proven so, yet you will repeat these very same falsehoods in the coming days because yah know.... your feelings and all.

Sure. I am not a fan of sanctuary cities either to be honest but I support their right not assist the fed.

I'm not a Democrat and I'm sorry you were proven wrong and now feel the need to threaten the party I have no affiliation with supreme court nonsense.

Don't worry though, I know how this works. You were wrong and proven so, yet you will repeat these very same falsehoods in the coming days because yah know.... your feelings and all.

Are you MAC1958???

Look up every Republican prior to Trump.

Leo123 said this: Did they actually vote for being a sanctuary city? NO.....Creating a sanctuary city is nothing but a decree from powerful leftist despots that have gotten into power positions with the help of other lefties.

And you said this: The Rs also did it Pre-Trump.

I believe you are mistaken. Every republican prior to Trump created sanctuary cities? That is a lie.

I seriously doubt any republican created a sanctuary city. I asked you for such a city, but you evidently can't do that. Nor could you provide the name of any republican who did so. I know of no sanctuary city that was created by a republican. Apparently, you can't either. So - explain yourself please.

Well whatever the hell you are, illegal aliens are illegal aliens. They broke the law to enter this country, they deserve nothing, and should be be sent back to whatever shithole they came from.

Leo123 said this: Did they actually vote for being a sanctuary city? NO.....Creating a sanctuary city is nothing but a decree from powerful leftist despots that have gotten into power positions with the help of other lefties.

And you said this: The Rs also did it Pre-Trump.

I believe you are mistaken. Every republican prior to Trump created sanctuary cities? That is a lie.

I seriously doubt any republican created a sanctuary city. I asked you for such a city, but you evidently can't do that. Nor could you provide the name of any republican who did so. I know of no sanctuary city that was created by a republican. Apparently, you can't either. So - explain yourself please.
I have to admit I am totally pro-American.
GW opened our borders wide and millions lost their careers, job, homes, families.
The establishment Rs, and most of our current crop are establishment Rs and can go to hell.
I want Trump!

Last edited:
I live in a sanctuary city. Creating a sanctuary city and ignoring federal immigration laws, I would think 99% of us expect our local government was following our local ideals and OUR wishes. That is NOT TRUE here, in fact, creating so called "sanctuary cities" where NEVER by popular fiat of popular demand. In fact, I can't find out exactly HOW they happen, but its not done openly with wide public knowledge. Let alone voter approval. That has to be unconstitutional. States/cities or municipalities cannot create sanctuaries to anyone or anything without local foreknowledge and our approval. And they did just THAT.
Weewee on the People

Except for choosing a pre-owned candidate who will make all our political decisions for us, the Constitution doesn't allow issues to be decided by a public vote. Constitution-bangers are trying to force us to obey their Masters from whichever elitist clique they identify themselves with to make them think they belong to a Higher Power than the rest of us, who don't need that fantasy to feel important.

The sacred-cow Constitution is an anti-democratic manifesto that should not be worshiped as the supreme law of the land. Just like any other dictatorship, it declares itself to be that.

Forum List

Back