Are Republican gays, blacks and hispanics "delusional"? What is the GOP "message"?

Rubio just had to tell them to tamp down the rhetoric but of course the right response is they dont believe their rhetoric is bad.

and the left doesn't feel that way?

I dont know what "the left" believes..next time I have coffee with him I'll ask but do YOU think the rhetoric is bad or will you type a paragraph that refuses to answer the question?

Can't speak for Republicans, but I'd guess these people have decided that the positives outweigh the negatives. Examples might be:

Perhaps these folks believe that government must be better limited than it is now, and that it is not the responsibility of a bunch of professional politicians the federal bureaucracy to take care of us. Perhaps they feel that making millions of Americans, generations of Americans, dependent on a government in the name of "compassion" is in fact the opposite of compassion. Perhaps they identify more with the Republicans on religious issues, which would also trump the role of the federal government. As an agnostic, I can only guess on that one.

In general, I'd guess that these people are looking more big picture - the overall role of the federal government and the general direction of the country - than in the smaller, more selfish items that the government can "give" them. This would require them to care more about the big picture than what they can "get". And perhaps they feel they can be a constructive influence within the party for some kind of moderation on some issues.

Guesses only. I'm not very good at the partisan bullcrap. I'd like to see their responses, but these seem to make sense.

I don't understand this rightwing constant "misreprentation" of the government.

How Republicans can buy this swill is beyond me.

I certainly wouldn't expect a leftist to understand any of this. Would I would expect is a leftist to ignore two significant issues:

First, the fact that the federal bureaucracy is awash in waste, bloat and corruption. These are not "misrepresentations", and are all qualities that leftists are willing to immediately ignore, avoid, and/or deny. Okay, that's your call, despite all evidence to the contrary. Rightists do precisely the same thing with issues they're apologists for, as well. I get it.

Second, another thing you're choosing to ignore is the point I made about how addicting millions of Americans to government in the name of "compassion" is in fact the opposite of compassion. Again, I understand the tactics of spin, diversion and denial, and it's why I have some difficulties communicating with partisan ideologues.

You asked a question, I answered it reasonably and civilly, and you didn't like the answer. Okay. You don't have to.

Rubio just had to tell them to tamp down the rhetoric but of course the right response is they dont believe their rhetoric is bad.

I dont know what "the left" believes..next time I have coffee with him I'll ask but do YOU think the rhetoric is bad or will you type a paragraph that refuses to answer the question?

I think negative rhetoric, violent rhetoric, etc, from EITHER SIDE is bad, and does nothing to help this country. Both are guilty of it, and BOTH have to end it.

I think negative rhetoric, violent rhetoric, etc, from EITHER SIDE is bad, and does nothing to help this country. Both are guilty of it, and BOTH have to end it.

Except every time you (or righties here) see that rhetoric from a conservative you actively deflect and defend it. Which doesnt look good with your "everybody does it and needs to stop" speech.

Except every time you (or righties here) see that rhetoric from a conservative you actively deflect and defend it. Which doesnt look good with your "everybody does it and needs to stop" speech.

example please? Link to the post. Thanks.

No problem..

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...h-intolerable-inexcusable-on-immigration.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ing-bullying-by-police-case-draw-outrage.html

But please, dont deflect. Thanks

No problem..

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...h-intolerable-inexcusable-on-immigration.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ing-bullying-by-police-case-draw-outrage.html

But please, dont deflect. Thanks

Odd. you claim I deflect and defend negative rhetoric, and as proof you offer links to two threads I did not even post in.

Care to try again???

batman-returns-penguin.jpg

Even Rubio warned candidates against trashing the hispanics.

Food stamp president? What about Bush?

Santorum compares gays to "man on dog".

Newt wants to speak at the NAACP to "teach" those people "how to live and work".

The list is endless.

Add the Republicans desire to slash education, raise taxes on the middle class, cut taxes for the rich and stop health care, it's these three groups that would suffer the most under a Republican administration.

Why do they make up 10% of the Republican Party? How can the number be that high?

One wonders.

Oh, and right wingers, before you indulge in an orgy of "name calling", at least try to prove I'm wrong. At least this once.

That's how you have to imagine the OP

Even Rubio warned candidates against trashing the hispanics.

Food stamp president? What about Bush?

Santorum compares gays to "man on dog".

Newt wants to speak at the NAACP to "teach" those people "how to live and work".

The list is endless.

Add the Republicans desire to slash education, raise taxes on the middle class, cut taxes for the rich and stop health care, it's these three groups that would suffer the most under a Republican administration.

Why do they make up 10% of the Republican Party? How can the number be that high?

One wonders.

Oh, and right wingers, before you indulge in an orgy of "name calling", at least try to prove I'm wrong. At least this once.

Why should I prove you're wrong when you haven't even proved you're right?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3GnWTy8Ebg]"There You Go Again!" ~ Ronald Reagan - YouTube[/ame]

Every time I hear a "conservative" mention "....both Parties....", I know Republicans have (either) gotten BUSTED, for something, or.....they've just taken a SERIOUS ASS-WHUPPIN'!!!!!

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif
528.gif

Odd. you claim I deflect and defend negative rhetoric, and as proof you offer links to two threads I did not even post in.

Care to try again???

Thats why I said "or righties here" in parenthesis because I knew you would play the find my post game. There is no denying that in those two threads righties here activly defend and deflect language that is inexcusable.

Care to try again???

Thats why I said "or righties here" in parenthesis because I knew you would play the find my post game. There is no denying that in those two threads righties here activly defend and deflect language that is inexcusable.

you claimed I 'or other righties'... I asked for proof 'I' did so, as you claimed. You FAILED to provide said proof. I don't really care what others did right now, I am more concerned with what YOU claimed 'I' did.

So, either you didn't mean to include me, and did so by mistake, or you LIED about me without anything to back it up.

Which was it?

Last edited:

Care to try again???

you claimed I 'or other righties'... I asked for proof 'I' did so, as you claimed. You FAILED to provide said proof. I don't really care what others did right now, I am more concerned with what YOU claimed 'I' did.

So, either you didn't mean to include me, and did so by mistake, or you LIED about me without anything to back it up.

Which was it?

Hmmm maybe you should've asked for a link to YOUR post...but you didnt.

So, here we are...Are you saying the only way to prove that the right defends and deflects is to show where YOU do it? Examples of other righties doing it dont count? :lol:

Which was it?

Hmmm maybe you should've asked for a link to YOUR post...but you didnt.

So, here we are...Are you saying the only way to prove that the right defends and deflects is to show where YOU do it? Examples of other righties doing it dont count? :lol:

Are you really that stupid, as to think I was not asking for proof of your accusation against me?
Please. I know you're not THAT fucking stupid. Close, but not quite there.
And show me where I denied others on the right do it. Please.

Forum List

Back