Are Republican gays, blacks and hispanics "delusional"? What is the GOP "message"?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rdean, Feb 1, 2012.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,867
    Even Rubio warned candidates against trashing the hispanics.

Food stamp president? What about Bush?

Santorum compares gays to "man on dog".

Newt wants to speak at the NAACP to "teach" those people "how to live and work".

The list is endless.

Add the Republicans desire to slash education, raise taxes on the middle class, cut taxes for the rich and stop health care, it's these three groups that would suffer the most under a Republican administration.

Why do they make up 10% of the Republican Party? How can the number be that high?

One wonders.

Oh, and right wingers, before you indulge in an orgy of "name calling", at least try to prove I'm wrong. At least this once.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Mac1958

Mac1958 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,278
    Can't speak for Republicans, but I'd guess these people have decided that the positives outweigh the negatives. Examples might be:

Perhaps these folks believe that government must be better limited than it is now, and that it is not the responsibility of a bunch of professional politicians the federal bureaucracy to take care of us. Perhaps they feel that making millions of Americans, generations of Americans, dependent on a government in the name of "compassion" is in fact the opposite of compassion. Perhaps they identify more with the Republicans on religious issues, which would also trump the role of the federal government. As an agnostic, I can only guess on that one.

In general, I'd guess that these people are looking more big picture - the overall role of the federal government and the general direction of the country - than in the smaller, more selfish items that the government can "give" them. This would require them to care more about the big picture than what they can "get". And perhaps they feel they can be a constructive influence within the party for some kind of moderation on some issues.

Guesses only. I'm not very good at the partisan bullcrap. I'd like to see their responses, but these seem to make sense.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  3. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,867
    I don't understand this rightwing constant "misreprentation" of the government.

Without government, we would be completely at the mercy of "vulture capitalism". Like deregulating Wall Street, moving the mortgage market to Wall Street and then Wall Street bringing down the economy by squeeze the insurance companies of every cent they can get for their housing scheme.

Republicans want us to hate government so they can squeeze every cent they can from the country. They want to get rid of the EPA so because doing business in a clean environment costs money. If they can get rid of the EPA, and health care, then it doesn't matter the number of new birth defects created. They got their money.

How Republicans can buy this swill is beyond me.

4. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    Where would the Democrat party be if not for RACE politics.

I guess they figure they have the "blacks" owned, now they are moving onto, "browns"

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    The message is really an appeal to still working people's conceits, their spite and their easily understandable frustration that they are still working their asses off, why not everybody else?!

6. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    funny how the right see the free choice of blacks voting democratic as ownage?

7. StevenC

StevenC VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Actually we want to reform education so that kids can compete with the world and not just be pushed through the system while the unions and administartors pocket milions of tax payers money.
    Show where they want to raise taxes on the middle class. We want lower taxes for all.
    And this BS about stopping healthcare, we want to reform it to make it cheaper.
    These three groups have been suffering under dems policies for decades.

And why shouldn't they be republican? Don't you believe in freedom of choice. I don't know about gays buts blacks and hispanics are more conservative than whites. Just look at how they voted on gay marraige in Cali.

8. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Latinum, Plantinum,Silver,Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,623
    hey Dean.....when the Hispanics take over your Party and change it to fit their agenda.....ill bet you and guys like Chris will be the first ones to leave....

9. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
  10. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    You are worried aren't you?