Are parents over reacting?

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State
Play-Doh to replace 8216 phallic 8217 toy after complaints from parents New York s PIX11 WPIX-TV

Play-Doh to replace ‘phallic’ toy after complaints from parents

B6B7gHTIMAAA6Jm.jpg

Hasbro reportedly swaps out toy after complaints about phallic component in set fox13now.com

Totally inappropriate. I will never buy anything from Hasbro again. Disgusting that they thought they could get away with this. They know full well this was inappropriate. They wanted to see if they could get away with it!

Pretty amazing they would consider that an appropriate toy for children. I think they knew full well what they were doing. I hope their company goes bankrupt for this one.

We almost bought that set for our granddaughter, who loves playdoh...

Totally inappropriate. I will never buy anything from Hasbro again. Disgusting that they thought they could get away with this. They know full well this was inappropriate. They wanted to see if they could get away with it!

The kids don't give a shit what it looks like. Its the idiot parents making a fuss because they are prudes.

The kids don't give a shit what it looks like. Its the idiot parents making a fuss because they are prudes.

True little kids wouldn't, but it's still weird they shaped it that way.

Someone is bored at manufacturing for sure.

How can anyone look at this and not see a penis? They had to know before they put it in the box, exec's can't be that stupid.

Last edited:
I doubt exec's ever saw it. Someone in design did though, and I would assume they would have had to approve it. I would garner they are probably no longer with the company.
How can anyone look at this and not see a penis? They had to know before they put it in the box, exec's can't be that stupid.

Parents protect their kids and review the toys they play with. To stop things like this. How do you miss such a simple point?

I doubt exec's ever saw it. Someone in design did though, and I would assume they would have had to approve it. I would garner they are probably no longer with the company.
Things that extrude already exist and amazingly they don't look like ribbed dildo's. IDK why they didn't just model after what's already used in the kitchen.

With all the detail, I am assuming someone had a bone to pick , and possibly had already turned in their notice did this
Things that extrude already exist and amazingly they don't look like ribbed dildo's. IDK why they didn't just model after what's already used in the kitchen.

With all the detail, I am assuming someone had a bone to pick , and possibly had already turned in their notice did this

That makes sense. I guess they didn't need references.

Forum List

Back