Are Message Boards going the way of the Dinosaurs?

CK needs to put BOOMERS and SENIORS in the tags for this place. Really. I'm serious. If he wants new members...he will get a shitload of them. Problem is...is keeping them. Seeing some of the threads here scared the few I invited here and they ran back from whence they came.

Boomers are in the thousands if not millions. Not a lot of places they can go except a scant few. But the fruit is ripe for picking if he can get usmb to show up in google and bing and has the tags of Boomer and Seniors.

cereal_killer

Seems I recall a thread not long ago where we found the average age here at USMB was north of 50 something.

-Geaux

CK needs to put BOOMERS and SENIORS in the tags for this place. Really. I'm serious. If he wants new members...he will get a shitload of them. Problem is...is keeping them. Seeing some of the threads here scared the few I invited here and they ran back from whence they came.

Boomers are in the thousands if not millions. Not a lot of places they can go except a scant few. But the fruit is ripe for picking if he can get usmb to show up in google and bing and has the tags of Boomer and Seniors.

cereal_killer
We (staff) talked about a Seniors forum section a couple weeks back. I will be setting one up today.

FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Things keep changing. Are message boards going to MySpace Hell, do you think? Or is there still a purpose for them? I know usmb is busy, but not like it used to be. And message boards tends to move around in the same galaxy, so although there are many of them, many are also uninhabited. Do people just wander off cuz they are bored with it all, or do other places like Twitter and FB lure them better?

What's your thoughts?

Not as long as I'm participating on them.

To me, if the main focus of a message forum is popular or important enough, then the forum its self will keep going. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back