Are manufacturing goods comming back?

What will President Donald Trump do to bring jobs into America?

• He will get rid of the minimum wage

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well Ed , industrial revolution has only existed for 250 years in the US, or roughly 180 years if you consider before that it was still partly a slave based economy.
Regardless, employment levels peaked in the year 2000.

and now we are suddenly going to have new inventions that replace more jobs than farm equipment, electricity, indoor plumbing, engines, refridgeration, motors, planes, plastic, oil????
you are doing little more than lying!

The 1% Are Outnumbered and Outgunned

Maybe the Luddites forced the plutocracy to come up with job-creating inventions. Let's try it and see.

The RWNJ trumpkins are so damn hypocritical and so is the lying cheeto in chief. How does he have the nerve say he will bring mfg jobs "back" to the US when he refuses to make his own products here? Why is this okay with the trumpkins?
:eusa_liar:

when taxes and regulations are cut and trade deals are renegociated may things will be cheaper to make here. Thats when and why jobs will come back. We don't want them back now when the high cost to manufacture will bankrupt our companies. Now do you understand?

The RWNJ trumpkins are so damn hypocritical and so is the lying cheeto in chief. How does he have the nerve say he will bring mfg jobs "back" to the US when he refuses to make his own products here? Why is this okay with the trumpkins?

Behind Their Media Image, Liberals Are Agents of Scrooge

Because he has a good case by just blaming taxes and regulations. Outsourcing is not all about cheap labor. But toleration of immigration, legal or illegal, is all about cheap labor.

when taxes and regulations are cut and trade deals are renegociated may things will be cheaper to make here. Thats when and why jobs will come back. We don't want them back now when the high cost to manufacture will bankrupt our companies. Now do you understand?

Not true.

Others have their goods made in the US. Same with him hiring illegals and foreigners to do the work. See the steel thread, this forum.

Shameful that Americans make excuses for their own countrymen being screwed over.

Behind Their Media Image, Liberals Are Agents of Scrooge

Because he has a good case by just blaming taxes and regulations. Outsourcing is not all about cheap labor. But toleration of immigration, legal or illegal, is all about cheap labor.

Not true.

See the steel thread, this forum.

Free Traitors Are Traders

In the late 1960s, both the steelworkers got their greatest union contracts ever. That signaled the economic elitists with insider knowledge to unload their stockholdings on suckers and bribe Capitolist Hill to eliminate tariffs on foreign steel. Then these GreedHead parasites would buy stock in companies that would benefit from cheap foreign steel.

People are under the forced illusion that there is such a thing as an steelman, oilman, etc. Suckers would be manipulated into defending their Masters by objecting, "That's not what happened, or the owners of the steel companies would have prevented tariffs from being lowered."

...bring back the manufacturing jobs to America. Do you think it is pheasible?
First let's decide whether it's even possible.

Are we saying that sometime in the past our factories were picked up off their foundations and transported overseas thus:
fctrysoverss.png

--and the story now is that if only some foreign guy could lose his job it would somehow magically get an American hired?

imho that's crazy.

Are we saying that sometime in the past our factories were picked up off their foundations and transported overseas thus:
fctrysoverss.png

--and the story now is that if only some foreign guy could lose his job it would somehow magically get an American hired?

imho that's crazy.

Well , he could surprise us announcing a low tech SOE tasked with rebuilding the US infrastructure.... but I doubt it.

fctrysoverss.png

imho that's crazy.

Well , he could surprise us announcing a low tech SOE tasked with rebuilding the US infrastructure.... but I doubt it.
I doubt it too given that we are not communists

fctrysoverss.png

imho that's crazy.

I doubt it too given that we are not communists

SOE are not exclusive of communist countries Ed. The postal service is a SOE as well as some energy production facilities . The same goes for the largest infrastructure project in the world: the intersate highway system.

Interstate Frequently Asked Questions - 50th Anniversary - Interstate System - Highway History - Federal Highway Administration

Even Dumbo Dubya Got an MBA From a Prestige School
They'd never say to a Blue Chip high-school graduate, "So you got SATs in the top 1%? What are you going to major in when you go to college? Business Administration?"

Huh? They'd suggest what? Chemistry, medicine, social services, fine art?

]... if Trade POlcy can have an impact on Trade.
The facts are that trade restrictions and taxes reduce trade, so policy should be for fewer restrictions and taxes. Before the election the rhetoric was for more of both but since then talk has changed and (imho) we seem to have room for optimism. There's been no more of that talk about raising import taxes and which things we're willing to let private businessowners "get away with". What we're now hearing is tax cuts and new/revised international trade agreements.

Maybe I'm wrong but it sure seems we're also hearing a lot less about the old 'trade deficit' phobia. That's good. The way it works in real life is that when the trade deficit grows manufacturing hiring and production soar, and when the deficit shrinks they get shut down and works lose their jobs.

Bring on the trade deficit!

]... if Trade POlcy can have an impact on Trade.
The facts are that trade restrictions and taxes reduce trade, so policy should be for fewer restrictions and taxes. Before the election the rhetoric was for more of both but since then talk has changed and (imho) we seem to have room for optimism. There's been no more of that talk about raising import taxes and which things we're willing to let private businessowners "get away with". What we're now hearing is tax cuts and new/revised international trade agreements.

Maybe I'm wrong but it sure seems we're also hearing a lot less about the old 'trade deficit' phobia. That's good. The way it works in real life is that when the trade deficit grows manufacturing hiring and production soar, and when the deficit shrinks they get shut down and works lose their jobs.

Bring on the trade deficit!

YOur post is debunked by the reality of the last 50 years.

... when the trade deficit grows manufacturing hiring and production soar, and when the deficit shrinks they get shut down and works lose their jobs. Bring on the trade deficit!
The problem we got here is that I'm talking actual real life payrolls, trade deficits, and posted manufacturing production tallies. For most folks somehow it always seems that going through these kinds of numbers is well, scary so they don't bother. Instead they just feel what the record is. By any chance if you ever want me to I'd be happy to post hard records right here, but you haven't been interested enough to ask me to and that's usually a signal that you're not interested.

Don't get me wrong, you're in really good company and I'd even guess you're in the majority w/ that take. Enjoy!

... when the trade deficit grows manufacturing hiring and production soar, and when the deficit shrinks they get shut down and works lose their jobs. Bring on the trade deficit!
The problem we got here is that I'm talking actual real life payrolls, trade deficits, and posted manufacturing production tallies. For most folks somehow it always seems that going through these kinds of numbers is well, scary so they don't bother. Instead they just feel what the record is. By any chance if you ever want me to I'd be happy to post hard records right here, but you haven't been interested enough to ask me to and that's usually a signal that you're not interested.

Don't get me wrong, you're in really good company and I'd even guess you're in the majority w/ that take. Enjoy!

Like I said, your post is debunked by the last 50 years of history.

"Free Trade" and massive trade deficits did not lead to increased hiring they led to massive reductions in jobs.

Even Dumbo Dubya Got an MBA From a Prestige School
They'd never say to a Blue Chip high-school graduate, "So you got SATs in the top 1%? What are you going to major in when you go to college? Business Administration?"

Huh? They'd suggest what? Chemistry, medicine, social services, fine art?
Under Investor Supremacy, Science Is for Suckers

They certainly wouldn't suggest what you majored in: MissingThePoint.

Forum List

Back