Are black Americans 'allowed' to be conservative?

That's a crock of shit. Speaking for myself, i have no problem with Blacks who are conservatives. There are plenty of Black people who are conservative that get respect from other Black people. Just because a Black person is conservative, doesn't mean that they are not 'Black enough'.

For example, Tony Brown is a pretty well respected Black person who is conservative. Farrakhan is a Black person who is conservative. No one is saying that they are not 'Black enough'. This is a group that I am a proud supporter of:
100 Black Men of America, Inc.
No one is saying that they aren't "Black enough" .
The problem lies where you have a few Black conservatives who serve as proxies for some racist White conservatives when they say stupid shit like this Black conservative said:

"Peterson explained his plan to The Huffington Post’s Black Voices, saying, “one of the things that I would do is take all black people back to the South and put them on the plantation so they would understand the ethic of working. I’m going to put them all on the plantation. They need a good hard education on what it is to work.”
Then you have Herman Cain and dickhead West throwing the "Blacks are brainwashed" and "Blacks are on a plantation" crap around. These are the Black conservative many Black don't like and justifiably so.

Exactly. West, Cain, Jesse Lee Peterson are the type of black conservatives that white tea party conservatives love to trumpet for their "truth" speaking, but all they do is play the minstrel role.
"Hello, Central Casting? I need a one Angry Black Man for a part on the internet...yes, has to hate Whitey."

You conveniently comment on me but not the point of my post. Why don't tea party conservatives mention Rep. Tim Scott with the same reverence that give Alan West or Herman Cain?

If it's so "prevalent" and it's "equivalent", please cite one example so we can discuss it. :)
http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...y-black-voters-hate-the-republican-party.html

Really?.........................................Really?

Come on, you can do better than that!!!! At least pick out a specific thing from that long thread.
Take off your blinders, boy. It's the OP itself.

Truthmatters, a white liberal, is speaking for the black community re: why they hate the GOP.

Exactly. West, Cain, Jesse Lee Peterson are the type of black conservatives that white tea party conservatives love to trumpet for their "truth" speaking, but all they do is play the minstrel role.
"Hello, Central Casting? I need a one Angry Black Man for a part on the internet...yes, has to hate Whitey."

You conveniently comment on me but not the point of my post. Why don't tea party conservatives mention Rep. Tim Scott with the same reverence that give Alan West or Herman Cain?
It's 'cause he's black.

No matter what I say, that's what you'll hear.

So, no one wants to discuss George Shuyler?

What would you like to discuss about him? I think that he had some interesting points of view. At one point he could qualify as an "accommodationist" and in other points he could qualify as a 'radical". He had some good point and some not so good points, just like anyone else.

Thanks for posting that article, it was an interesting read. Would it surprise you and others that I have a pretty amicable email correspondence with this gentleman?

How Can Anyone Not Realize the War on (Some) Drugs Is Racist? by Wilton D. Alston

He's a nice guy and pretty helpful.

It's 'cause he's black.

West, Cain and Scott are all black conservatives, the difference is Scott isn't clown who tries to garner support playing the coon.

It's 'cause he's black.

West, Cain and Scott are all black conservatives, the difference is Scott isn't clown who tries to garner support playing the coon.

There's that attitude...using race to shame and intimidate in the name of political bias and personal pettiness.

It's 'cause he's black.

There's that attitude...using race to shame and intimidate in the name of political bias and personal pettiness.

Yet I praised a black conservative for not being a coon, unlike West and Cain. West and Cain shamed themselves with their coonish behavior.

It's 'cause he's black.

Excellent point! How much "press" does Scott get in comparison to the other two clowns??

Yet I praised a black conservative for not being a coon, unlike West and Cain. West and Cain shamed themselves with their coonish behavior.

The 'right kind' of conservative is 'allowed' to be conservative as long as they don't cross your political judgement and then suddenly cease to be 'really' black, huh? Yeah, that's helpful...

Thanks for posting that article, it was an interesting read. Would it surprise you and others that I have a pretty amicable email correspondence with this gentleman?

How Can Anyone Not Realize the War on (Some) Drugs Is Racist? by Wilton D. Alston

Why would that be surprising?

Only because some people (not you) have this misconception that Black people have this adversarial relationship with other Black people who are "conservatives". Salt Jones alluded to it in his last post and I will give my perspective on it right now.

I my opinion, Black people in general don't have a problem with the so-called Black conservatives until they start making these blanket insults, inaccurate generalizations, and start serving as proxies for the racists who just love when "they" can say the things that "they" want to say about Black people.

Only because some people (not you) have this misconception that Black people have this adversarial relationship with other Black people who are "conservatives". Salt Jones alluded to it in his last post and I will give my perspective on it right now.

I my opinion, Black people in general don't have a problem with the so-called Black conservatives until they start making these blanket insults, inaccurate generalizations, and start serving as proxies for the racists who just love when "they" can say the things that "they" want to say about Black people.

Worth starting the thread just for that post.

It's 'cause he's black.

Yes, but you're a racist, so to hell with your stupid opinion, mmmkay?

Speaking of stupid opinions...

What do you have to offer to this conversation? So far it's been some juvenile DUMB SHIT. Prove me wrong. Do you have a direct experience and insight to this? Or are you going to regurgitate the shit that your "conservative" talking heads feed you?

The 'right kind' of conservative is 'allowed' to be conservative as long as they don't cross your political judgement and then suddenly cease to be 'really' black, huh? Yeah, that's helpful...

People can be what ever they want to be. West and Cain want to be minstrel type coons and that's their prerogative, just as it's mine and tens of millions of other black Americans to call them embarrassments, a la Flava Flav.

What do you have to offer to this conversation? So far it's been some juvenile DUMB SHIT. Prove me wrong. Do you have a direct experience and insight to this? Or are you going to regurgitate the shit that your "conservative" talking heads feed you?
You don't like what I have to say?

Tough shit, Skippy.

You don't like what I have to say?

Tough shit, Skippy.

LOL, I just want to thank you for showing that you basically have NOTHING but some DUMB shit to offer in this thread. You're a typical "conservative" republican BLOWHARD who is full of hot air and NO SUBSTANCE.
Thanks for proving my point and thanks for the laugh!! :lol:

Forum List

Back