Apt Pupil

It's a very good movie. So good, in fact, that I believe it furthers the argument that Stephen King's short stories translate much better to film than do his full length novels.

Saw it years ago when it first came out.

Good movie, but the previews made it seem that the Nazi was all hell bent on world domination, lol. At least thats how I remember it.

saw it years ago but forgot how it was, i think i liked it, I seriously dont remember.

It's a very good movie. So good, in fact, that I believe it furthers the argument that Stephen King's short stories translate much better to film than do his full length novels.

That they do in some cases.

Stand by Me, Shawshank Redemption, 1408, and Apt Pupil are all great examples.

However:

Carrie (one of the best horror films ever), The Shining (same), The Dead Zone, Misery, and The Green Mile are all excellent films in their own right. All but The Dead Zone are in my favorites list.

The only thing with King's long stories is that some things are just too graphic or wouldn't make sense to the audience in a theater. See: The way that Annie dealt with Paul's foot in Misery.

However, his fullest length novels like IT and The Stand are close to impossible to do for a film. If only because of their length. However, the television ministries for both were well-done I thought. Tim Curry as Pennywise is one of the best well-done acting in horror I've seen overall. The Stand was alright for television, but it's tough to top one of the greatest books ever.

Forum List

Back