Approve school vouchers as a way to fight “woke” public schools

Uncle Tom says

No school choice for blacks...(as long as I get my govt check)
I actually had an Uncle Tom. He passed recently. Surprising twist though he was white. Decent guy. You on the other hand are an incurable moron and an obvious racist. Stop pretending. You look silly.

Work for whom?
Work in the objective sense in that students who get to take advantage of school vouchers don't see improvement in tests scores or grades. Hey I'm all for solutions but your solutions have to actually produce results.

I actually had an Uncle Tom. He passed recently. Surprising twist though he was white. Decent guy. You on the other hand are an incurable moron and an obvious racist. Stop pretending. You look silly.

You sell out your own people to get a govt check

There is one small constituency (less than one percent of the population) that opposes school vouchers, VEHEMENTLY. And that contingency is public school teachers' unions. EVERYONE ELSE thinks they are a good idea. What could be fairer than to let parents take a portion of the school (usually real estate) taxes that they pay and allocate them to a private or parochial school, so that their kids get the education they want for them? High real estate taxes are a major reason why Catholic parochial schools have largely evaporated. Parents could not afford to pay both R.E. taxes and school tuition.

But that tiny constituency holds so much sway over the Democrat party that the entire party is impelled to carry this torch for the teachers' unions, in spite of widespread desire that vouchers become a reality - an option for concerned and involved parents.

Vouchers are manifestly a Good Thing. Some states have them. All states should have them. Not much more to be said.

Work in the objective sense in that students who get to take advantage of school vouchers don't see improvement in tests scores or grades.
I haven't really found test scores, or grades, to be very indicative of success or a happy life. Maybe you're wrong here. Maybe there are better ways to evaluate an education.
Hey I'm all for solutions but your solutions have to actually produce results.
Which results? Those you want? Those the government likes? Or those that the parents seek?

Just an open attempt to eliminate public school education

Free Public education is what made this country great

Vouchers would still be free public education, just the state controlled schools would have competition.

No. If you want to send you kid to a private or charter school, you pay for it.
Vouchers are just a time honored conservative way to trying to defund and kneecap public education.
Except they wouldn't do that. Next.

My question is this:

Why take money away from places that need it to put it into places that do not need it, to people who do not need it? Why make it more difficult for those who cannot afford to go to school, to be able to go to school?

How does one know that the schools in Democratic States are not doing as well and therefore should have some of that money/vouchers, routed to a private school instead?

How well are Republican State schools public schools doing?

So far, the only things I have found about vouchers are these:

What are US school vouchers?

School vouchers are education tax dollars that are diverted from public schools to help subsidize the tuition of private and religious schools. Although some states and cities have limited voucher programs, the only federally funded program is in Washington, D.C.

School Vouchers

What is the argument against school vouchers?
No matter how you look at it, vouchers undermine strong public education and student opportunity. They take scarce funding from public schools—which serve 90 percent of students—and give it to private schools—institutions that are not accountable to taxpayers.
[URL='https://www.nea.org/advocating-for-change/action-center/our-issues/vouchers']

Vouchers | NEA - National Education Association

[/URL]
Not when the choice is which government school is going to get your kids.

This person apparently never noticed that all of trump's Jewish appointees stabbed trump in the back

Wray
Sessions - ZPF
Barr
Gorsuch
Kavanaugh
Gen Millie
DHS appointee
Your anti-semitism is showing. This isn't about Jews.

Really this entire question boils down to whether parents have a right to decide how to educate their children. Or is the state's call?

Forum List

Back