Apollo 11 (when Neil Armstrong stepped onto the moon: Happy 50th Anniversary!

Watching Armstrong pop out of the cake and put a foot down was just damned stunning.

I was up literally all night watching Aldrin and Armstrong romp around Tranquility Base.

Historic in every sense of the word. In fact, it expands the meaning. Not only is it the crowning collective achievement of humankind, it was also instantaneously shared by a huge percentage of the population.

I remember watching as a child with my parents.
I was a rocket geek and sci fi freak the rest of my life because of it. Frankly thought our space program would have been much further along by now and that we already would have stepped on Mars. A bit disappointed.

Also. Happy anniversary to the Moon Landing was Faked crew.

I remember watching as a child with my parents.
I was a rocket geek and sci fi freak the rest of my life because of it. Frankly thought our space program would have been much further along by now and that we already would have stepped on Mars. A bit disappointed.

Also. Happy anniversary to the Moon Landing was Faked crew.
Well, we sent out the Mars Rover. I followed the progress on NASA for several months. Seems that something went wrong, then they fixed the Rover. been a while back. It sent images back to earth.

Yes, it was a vicarious tour. lol! But it got the message across.

Update: Feb, 2019:
Drive along with the NASA’s Opportunity Mars rover and hear the voices of scientists and engineers behind the mission. Designed to run for 90 days, the exploration spanned more than 15 years from 2004 to 2019. Along the way, it discovered definitive proof of liquid water on ancient Mars and set the off-world driving record. For more information on the Mars Exploration Rovers and all of NASA’s Mars missions, visit mars.nasa.gov. Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech (Time investment, 3:51 or just under 4 minutes)​

Last edited:
The Mars 2020 Mission (shot of the new rover mechanism. about 8-9 minutes):

The difference is that we will be sending samples back to earth using "technologies that haven't even been discovered yet" to check for life on Mars, which was dying when Earth was being formed billions of years ago...​

Last edited:
Historic in every sense of the word. In fact, it expands the meaning. Not only is it the crowning collective achievement of humankind, it was also instantaneously shared by a huge percentage of the population.

Collective?

th

I remember watching the landing with my family and my father commenting how we'd know whether or not the moon was made of green cheese shortly. He was chuckling as he said that.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Forum List

Back