AP: Report: White House altered drilling safety report

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
AP: Report: White House altered drilling safety report

WASHINGTON – The Interior Department's inspector general says the White House edited a drilling safety report in a way that made it falsely appear that scientists and experts supported the idea of the administration's six-month ban on new drilling.

The inspector general says the editing changes resulted "in the implication that the moratorium recommendation had been peer reviewed." But it hadn't been. The scientists were only asked to review new safety measures for offshore drilling.

Report: White House altered drilling safety report - Yahoo! News

Wow.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
It's been happening for years. The Bush White House was notorious for "revising" EPA and NOAA reports to score political points. Is it any surprise Obama's editing reports to score political points too?

Last edited:
It's been happening for years. The Bush White House was notoriuos for "revising" EPA and NOAA reports to score political points. Is it any surprise Obama's editing reports to score political points too?

BOOOSSHHHH! ANy evidence of that?

Here the WH instituted a job-killing drilling moratorium based on political considerations which they tried to whitewash by faking a report to imply scientific endorsement.
Does anyone still believe anything this White House puts out? They've been caught lying so many times you have to figure the opposite of what they say is the truth.

more proof that all who vote R or D are traitors. their love of big government has got us where we are today

It's been happening for years. The Bush White House was notorious for "revising" EPA and NOAA reports to score political points. Is it any surprise Obama's editing reports to score political points too?

I don't care what Bush did, he is gone. I care what is happening now from a man who promised change and is defended each time he practices the same as his predecessor when there is no change.

If Obama has an affair in the Oval Office will it be defended with Clinton did it too? WTF?

CaféAuLait;2955714 said:

I don't care what Bush did, he is gone. I care what is happening now from a man who promised change and is defended each time he practices the same as his predecessor when there is no change.

If Obama has an affair in the Oval Office will it be defended with Clinton did it too? WTF?

Heh. I'm absolutely not defending it. I'm just not surprised. What else have you come to expect?

It literally makes no difference, "D" or "R", who you put in the office these days.

CaféAuLait;2955714 said:

Heh. I'm absolutely not defending it. I'm just not surprised. What else have you come to expect?

It literally makes no difference, "D" or "R", who you put in the office these days.

I agree with you there.

Man - stupidity never stops.
You gotta love those that dissuade guilt by pointing to someone else who may/may not have done the same.
How about IT IS WRONG and should never be accepted?

You gotta love those that dissuade guilt by pointing to someone else who may/may not have done the same.
Yes it should never be accepted, Why the hypocracisy from the right? You did not complain when your man did it.

That is my point.

Yes it should never be accepted, Why the hypocracisy from the right? You did not complain when your man did it.

That is my point.

I didn't like Bush.
And I did complain.
When people started getting uptight about Obama's spendulus early last year - I pointed out numerous times that Bush started it.
(Course this was on a different forum)

If you complained I apologize.
But most of the right did not. Anything Bush did was fine to most of them.
But let the other party do the same thing and they scream like a cat in an electric fence.
The right did not even complain about Bush's spending till it started falling apart. the last year or 2 of his presidency.
Blind partisanship is my point.

Except for HCR which is kinda like the pill bill, Obama is another Bush term.

Last edited:
If you complained I apologize.
But most of the right did not. Anything Bush did was fine to most of them.
But let the other party do the same thing and they scream like a cat in an electric fence.
The right did not even complain about Bush's spending till it started falling apart. the last year or 2 of his presidency.
Blind partisanship is my point.

Except for HCR which is kinda like the pill bill, Obama is another Bush term.

Can you show where BOOOSH did the same thing as alleged in this article. If no one knew about it then it would be hard to complain, right?

Are libs seriously defending this action because Lincoln, Eisenhower and or Bush did it?

This is serious shit. Thousands of peoples jobs were at risk because of the moratorium.

And scientists are truly pissed off.

WASHINGTON (AP) - The oil spill that damaged the Gulf of Mexico's reefs and wetlands is also threatening to stain the Obama administration's reputation for relying on science to guide policy.

Academics, environmentalists and federal investigators have accused the administration since the April spill of downplaying scientific findings, misrepresenting data and most recently misconstruing the opinions of experts it solicited.

Meanwhile, the owner of the rig that exploded in the Gulf of Mexico, Transocean Ltd., is renewing its argument that federal investigators are in danger of allowing the blowout preventer, a key piece of evidence, to corrode as it awaits forensic analysis.

Testing had not begun as of last week, the company says, some two months after it was raised from the seafloor.

This was so mishandled.

Amateur hour at the WH.

Last edited:
This was reported months ago by the conservative media. Convenient that the rest of the media catches up after the election.

I guess they need something to take the spotlight off George Soros. Obama takes one for the team!

Forum List

Back