AOC: "growing cauliflower is colonial, we should grow culturally significant plants like yucca"

Yucca isn't the thing people eat. They make nutritional supplements out of it or something.

Plantains, which she also suggested, grow on trees, don't they? They're those hard banana things. Not great for a community garden. But hey, how much does a girl from the Bronx know about gardening?
It's all just further proof that some groups cant and wont ever assimilate even when it makes perfect sense.

" Yucca are desert plants native to the Southwestern United States, Mexico, and Central America."

Not much of a garden plant in her neighborhood...

And I doubt it's as nutritional as cauliflower.
Dammit, it's RACIST not to grow yucca in NYC!
Community gardens are for people to grow WHAT THEY WANT. No one tells them what to grow. There's probably a reason they don't grow yuca and plantains in community gardens at least in New York. Cassava doesn't grow north of Zone 8, and New York is Zone 5.

Yucca isn't the thing people eat. They make nutritional supplements out of it or something.

Plantains, which she also suggested, grow on trees, don't they? They're those hard banana things. Not great for a community garden. But hey, how much does a girl from the Bronx know about gardening?
It's all just further proof that some groups cant and wont ever assimilate even when it makes perfect sense.
You want to force them to eat "American" too? You're mean.

Did she really say this? It's like she has to out do herself by saying something even more crazy than her previous statement every time she opens her mouth.

No. It's another fake headline that attention whores like the OP scamper to post so they can sit back and go LOOKA ME I'M ON THE INTERNETS.

What's far more interesting is the degree of obsession with a single Congressional Rep that drives them to propagate such inane fake headlines. What the fuck is the point? No one knows.

" Yucca are desert plants native to the Southwestern United States, Mexico, and Central America."

I think she meant yuca, also known as cassava, which is a root vegetable--a South American substitute for potato.
If you don't harvest it every year, it turns into a tree, btw.
cassava-plant-large.jpg

South America?

how well does it grow in North America?

I think she meant yuca, also known as cassava, which is a root vegetable--a South American substitute for potato.
cassava-plant-large.jpg

So she doesn't know plants and is giving advice on what we should plant?

How will a rain forest plant survive in New York.
Exactly.

No. I expect a group of people to recognize reality when they live among what THEY consider "foreigners"

cassava-plant-large.jpg

South America?

how well does it grow in North America?
You missed this:
Community gardens are for people to grow WHAT THEY WANT. No one tells them what to grow. There's probably a reason they don't grow yuca and plantains in community gardens at least in New York. Cassava doesn't grow north of Zone 8, and New York is Zone 5.

she's so smart!

Ocasio-Cortez says growing cauliflower in community gardens is 'colonial'

What. The. Flying. Fuck. Can this woman get any crazier?
I'm gonna eat more cauliflower!

This is what passes for "education" among tards

I like cauliflower. Fuck that bitch. :auiqs.jpg:
<sigh> Even on this, Billy is wrong.

It's a bad thing to like cauliflower? Sheesh ...

NOWHERE did she suggest growing Yucca in the Bronx. The reference was geographically non-specific.

Fun fact though --- "the Bronx" is actually a "very wonderful place in Germany", so maybe you really can grow Yucca there. With fake geography all things are possible. Grow your own father somewhere else, retroactively.

Did she really say this? It's like she has to out do herself by saying something even more crazy than her previous statement every time she opens her mouth.

You don't understand. The demodummies are in a race to the bottom and staying ahead of the competition takes real effort. It's a crowded field of serious competitors. How'd you like trying to look dumber than say Maxine Waters for example?

No. I expect a group of people to recognize reality when they live among what THEY consider "foreigners"
"THEY" are doing fine and they can eat what they please, as far as I'm concerned. I love Asian food and Italian food and Mexican food, and we would have none of these if immigrants had been forced to cook "American reality food" whatever the hell that is when they came to this country.
You are so hateful. Nothing is more personal to people than the food they eat. I think what AOC was getting at is....well I have no idea, since no community garden project I ever saw told people what to grow. You are just limited by space, and the weather in your area.

NOWHERE did she suggest growing Yucca in the Bronx. The reference was geographically non-specific.

Fun fact though --- "the Bronx" is actually a "very wonderful place in Germany", so maybe you really can grow Yucca there. With fake geography all things are possible. Grow your own father somewhere else, retroactively.
What she WANTS is to grow what SHE feels comfortable with REGARDLESS of geography simply to spite white men. This is why brown people are failures.

"THEY" are doing fine and they can eat what they please, as far as I'm concerned. I love Asian food and Italian food and Mexican food, and we would have none of these if immigrants had been forced to cook "American reality food" whatever the hell that is when they came to this country.
You are so hateful. Nothing is more personal to people than the food they eat. I think what AOC was getting at is....well I have no idea, since no community garden project I ever saw told people what to grow. You are just limited by space, and the weather in your area.

I agree. All of these wonderful foods you mention are also American foods. I couldn't live without my mother-in-law's burn your face off tandoori chicken and roti. What is American reality food?

I couldn't live without my mother-in-law's burn your face off tandoori chicken and roti.

Amen to that. I mean I like tomatoes and corn is OK once in a while but judging by what I whip up for dinner you'd think you were in India. Or Thailand. Or Italia. Variety is the spice of life.

And I've got plenty of cauliflower. It's good for ya.

she's so smart!

Ocasio-Cortez says growing cauliflower in community gardens is 'colonial'

What. The. Flying. Fuck. Can this woman get any crazier?
I'm gonna eat more cauliflower!

This is what passes for "education" among tards

I like cauliflower. Fuck that bitch. :auiqs.jpg:
<sigh> Even on this, Billy is wrong.

It's a bad thing to like cauliflower? Sheesh ...
Not bad, just wrong.

Forum List

Back