Anyone Wonder If Most Pollsters Skew Left To Avoid Being Accused Of Being Racist?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RightWingFerret, Jul 22, 2012.

1. RightWingFerret

RightWingFerret BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +110

:iagree:

All year long most of us have said to ourselves,something like "That Can't Be Right". Even some that call into the Rush Limbaugh Show are saying it. "These Polls Can't Be Right"!.
    We already know that in at least half of them,they lean left and diss a few points of the right. The split in general is about 35/30/35. So Why are pollsters sampling closer to 40% Democrats,30ish Independents,27/28% Republicans.
    Even Gallup and Fox polls often show Obama leading by 5 points.
    You have to wonder what the real polls are, odds are its closer to 40% for Obama and closer to 49/50% for Romney, and 8/9/10% still undecided.
    Fox may be having second thoughts about giving us the real internal polls being they don't want to be declared "Racists" by the left and the lovable Reverend Al Sharpton.
    :eusa_whistle::eusa_shhh::eusa_shifty:

2. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,052
    It says quite a bit about republicans that such a question needs to be asked; does it not?

3. RightWingFerret

RightWingFerret BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +110
    you also have to check out what other conservative websights are saying, in general, many are trashing Obama. Nothing conpared to how they trashed Bush. I read the free republic sight often to check on the more trusted polls and continuous updates on stories. IMO,,,i am pretty sure Obama is at 43/44% and stuck there.

4. Full-Auto

Full-Auto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    I guess you just forgot what and why democrats almost exclusively use push polling.

You have become a disappointment. You dont seem to be able to actually argue a position, just the talking points.

5. blackhawk

blackhawk Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,063
    I don't know every time there is a poll that does not show Obama leading the left on here say it's a right wing poll.

6. candycorn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,052
    It isn't what you expect? How many times has a Romney supporter said, "Gee, our guy is behind. That sounds pretty accurate?"

7. candycorn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,052
    See?

8. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I believe the whole idea behind electing Obama was to use race to defend him.

9. blackhawk

blackhawk Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,063
    I don't keep track of what Romney supporters say what I do know is partisans on both sides cherry pick polls that favor their candidates and dismiss any other's as being biased right or left wing polls.

10. Londoner

Londoner Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    I never even thought of FOX as racist. They have no problem with Clarence Thomas and Alan Keyes. I think they hated Bill Clinton way more than Obama.

You've taken something that's true - the admitted over-use of the "Race Card" by the Left - but you've tacked it on to polling, where it doesn't even make sense, especially for FOX, who has no limits when it comes to going after Obama.

Your logic seems like it came from a Right wing pundit, which pundit is able to make these absurd claims because his audience tends to be under-educated. [I'm not saying you're under-educated, nor am I saying Republicans are under-educated. I'm saying that people who listen to Limbaugh and FOX news tend to be low-information voters without much advanced education. People with strong analytical skills would not be able to listen to this garbage (and I include Keith Olber-nutjob).

My wish for the OP is that he take advantage of the wealth of high minded conservative intellectuals, dead and living. Substitute Limbaugh for Richard Posner, the brilliant legal mind from the University of Chicago. Fuck, even Milton Friedman would force you to process complicated arguments so you didn't have to regurgitate talk radio nonsense. Or, what about great conservative authors like Saul Bellow? I just finished "Mr. Sammler's Planet" which is filled with brilliant contempt - conservative contempt - for the socially liberal post fifties America. Take advantage of the good work done on your side. Turn off talk radio and FOX News. You can do better. Don't make conservatism look like it depends on a bunch of hacks who get their information from partisan entertainers. At the very least, don't repeat this stuff in a public forum. Read Christopher Lasch's "Culture of Narcissism", or Allan Bloom's "Closing of The American Mind", or Edmund Burke's criticism of the French Revolution. This will enable you to castigate the Left far better than your moronic pundits]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012