Anyone who sneers at pro-abortion/Nazi parallels should watch this:

It is generally accepted that whenever someone bring up Nazis in an argument that they have really just lost the argument. This thread was over before it even started we could of had a discussion about the ethical implication of abortion and euthanasia and it may have been an interesting conversation. However the Glenn Beckesque Nazi shouting is nothing but a cheap attempt to provoke a strong emotional response. It isn't enough for to start a discussion based on disagreements. Oh no. The opposing side of the argument needs to be a bloody Nazi. This is so fucking transparent.

True.

And the notion of ‘pro-abortion’ is rather inane, as few, if any, are ‘pro-abortion.’

The conflict is predicated upon disagreement as to a solution to the problem, not the problem itself.

I get it. I'm not defending koshergrl, per se, as I don't share her more extreme views on the subject. I simply don't see how there is no comparison.

I have seen too many debates about the subject, and too many times have I see pro-life advocates go down the eugenics path on their own, without any help from conservatives trying to steer them there. It's simply too difficult to discuss eugenics without the Nazi tie-in. That's not my fault. They have too much in common not to.

Exactly. People who deny the parallels are protecting their ideology, because they recognize the similarities...and they are ok with them.

Standby for progressive/nazi propaganda.

Share with us the reasons you support abortion?

What I find endlessly fascinating is their consistent refusal to voice their pro-euthanisation, pro-sterilisation, pro-abortion beliefs in any thread that references the same policies that the nazis came under fire for.

So...who will be the first? Share your justification for euthanisation, sterilisation, and abortion. I'm all ears.

After all, if there are no parallels, that will be instantly obvious! Share away, dispell this "myth" that today's progressives embrace the same policies that resulted in Nazi death camps!

Tell me who you think should be euthanized, progressives....who is not fit to live?

"Those humans were targeted who were identified as "life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben), including but not limited to the criminal, degenerate, dissident, feeble-minded, homosexual, idle, insane, and the weak, for elimination from the chain of heredity."

Nazi eugenics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow...sounds like all the reasons for abortion/euthanasia...only the homosexual and degenerate part..you guys want more, not fewer, of those....
You just destroyed that strawman! You realise euthanasia laws in the states only apply to the terminally ill that will die within 6 month. The patient must submit 2 oral requests and one written. The request must be then approved by two doctors. The patient cannot be influenced by depression and must be informed of possible alternatives. Then the patient must then wait for 15 days.

The parallels are not all that surprising. Keep in mind, however, that the Nazis were inspired by U.S. use of eugenics. Eugenics was a popular concept in the U.S. and elsewhere that came from noble intentions but was simply too flawed a concept to work. If it weren't for the Nazis demonstrating the dangerous potential of eugenics, it may very well have continued as it did in the U.S. before WWII, but for how long? Eugenics is one of those things that is destined to come to a head sooner or later. However, people do tend to forget how positively eugenics was embraced in the U.S. at one time.

Lots of evil shit comes from good intentions. That's why the road to Hell is paved with them.

It is generally accepted that whenever someone bring up Nazis in an argument that they have really just lost the argument. This thread was over before it even started we could of had a discussion about the ethical implication of abortion and euthanasia and it may have been an interesting conversation. However the Glenn Beckesque Nazi shouting is nothing but a cheap attempt to provoke a strong emotional response. It isn't enough for to start a discussion based on disagreements. Oh no. The opposing side of the argument needs to be a bloody Nazi. This is so fucking transparent.

"It is generally accepted" is another way of saying, "We've shouted this meme into the public consciousness forever". The fact that you want to block off any chance of learning from history does not mean you have convinced everyone else to cooperate.

So here's an idea. Instead of telling us how you believe you've silenced opposition to the point where you don't have to answer questions, why don't you answer them?

Oh, and when you want to argue against Glenn Beck, I suggest you go call his program. Don't bring him up on the message board and then try to pretend the rest of us are somehow responsible for him. It is generally accepted that when you have to bring up Glenn Beck, you've lost the argument.

Who's being transparent?

You're right. It is generally accept that whenever someone brings up Nazi in a debate they have lost the argument. The only problem is that doesn't apply to a thread ABOUT Nazis. If you don't agree with the comparison, then tell us why. Otherwise why participate?

Are you to lazy to read the thread title?

Anyone who sneers at pro-abortion/Nazi parallels should watch this:

Next.

No, Sparkles. You don't get to move on to "next" until you've dealt with "first". Just because you think shouting, "Godwin's Law! Godwin's Law!" makes Nazi Germany some irrelevant aberration with no lessons to ever be learned by anyone for anything else doesn't make it so. And I see nothing about you that recommends your arrogant and ignorant attitude toward history as a model for imitation.

So either sack up and address the point, or run the fuck off with your tail between your legs screeching, "Godwin's Law!" like a mindless drone.

True.

And the notion of ‘pro-abortion’ is rather inane, as few, if any, are ‘pro-abortion.’

The conflict is predicated upon disagreement as to a solution to the problem, not the problem itself.

I'm curious. Why is it that leftists are always so hot to deny being pro-abortion? You twits all but break your legs rushing to assure us, ad nauseam, that "no one is 'pro-abortion'". But if abortion is no big deal, nothing wrong with it, fetuses aren't alive anyway, blah blah yackity smackity with all the other propaganda you spew, why NOT be pro-abortion? What's so wrong and objectionable about abortion that you can't ever, EVER tolerate even the POSSIBILITY of being thought of as "pro-abortion"?

Nazi Medicine: The Cross and the Star

In the first 10 minutes you will hear every single proposal and argument you have ever heard from progressives who support abortion and euthanasia. It's chilling.

Watch Nazi Medicine / The Cross and the Star: Double Feature Online | Netflix

on Flickr​

You DO know you're not compelled in any way to join every single thread on the board, right? You're fully able to just . . . GO THE HELL AWAY.

Why don't you try that and see if it makes you feel better?

NAZI's just another word for authoritarian.

Scratch an idealist? Find a brownshirt.

abortion was illegal in Nazi Germany, and punishable by death.

The woman's uterus was considered property of the state, just like you funditards want.

The Catholic Church was completely in Cahoots with the Nazis, straight down the line.

godwin_s-law.jpg

The woman's uterus was considered property of the state, just like you funditards want.

The Catholic Church was completely in Cahoots with the Nazis, straight down the line.

godwin_s-law.jpg

"funditards" amuses me about as much as "libtards." If I were either I would probably be offended.

The OP, despite being a bit extreme, is pointing out an ideological similarity between Nazi eugenics and those that support an unconditional right to abortion, as if life in the womb should be afforded no protection under any circumstances. My views are certainly more moderate than koshergrl's, but I do believe in some level of protection. It has nothing to do with the rights of the unborn, just as protecting animals to some level has nothing to do with them having rights. Some level of protection is justified. It's only the extremists that must either protect all unborn life indiscriminately or terminate all unborn life indiscriminately, both offering only ideological solutions rather than examining the problem.

None of this removes the correlation, no matter how much the correlation may annoy. Planned Parenthood, whether one views their existence as benign or malignant, has it's origins in the American eugenics movement, which in turn inspired the Nazis. This is fairly well-documented stuff and not just the ravings of conspiracy theorists. PP has since dropped the open endorsement of "eugenics," mostly because of those negative connotations, and likewise softened their touch, but still retain at least some of their original intent: prevention of unfit offspring, or offspring born to unfit parents.

Does this make those who support reproductive rights Nazis? No. The OP may possibly think so, as would the far righties floating around USMB, no doubt, but no. In my experience, a rational person who supports reproductive rights is usually supportive of some level of protection for unborn life as well.

Despite the possible "transparent" intent of the OP, it does not remove the unfortunate correlation between the eugenics movement and Nazi ideologies, as stale and unoriginal as that may seem. While my views may be more moderate, this comparison does not bother me. If anything, the Nazis provide us with a grim reminder of the unfortunate potential of a eugenics policy. Godwin's Law, as valid as it is in most cases, has also become a scapegoat.

Tell me who you think should be euthanized, progressives....who is not fit to live?

"Those humans were targeted who were identified as "life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben), including but not limited to the criminal, degenerate, dissident, feeble-minded, homosexual, idle, insane, and the weak, for elimination from the chain of heredity."

Nazi eugenics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow...sounds like all the reasons for abortion/euthanasia...only the homosexual and degenerate part..you guys want more, not fewer, of those....
You just destroyed that strawman! You realise euthanasia laws in the states only apply to the terminally ill that will die within 6 month. The patient must submit 2 oral requests and one written. The request must be then approved by two doctors. The patient cannot be influenced by depression and must be informed of possible alternatives. Then the patient must then wait for 15 days.

Sometimes I feel bad for showing you guys up for what you are. You just aren't all that bright. I wish it were a little more of a challenge.

Abortion wasn't illegal in the ghettos, nor was it illegal in occupied territories (Poland) where it was promoted. The Catholic Church was not in cahoots with the Nazis straight down the line, either. In fact, the Nazi sacked churches and butchered clergy, and the church was one of the few establishments to speak out against them.

Abortion was used as a tool to reduce the populations the germans wanted eliminated; a breeding tool, in exactly the same manner that progressives use it today. They encouraged aryan women to have children but at the same time promoted it among the Poles, using the same tactics you loons use today.

Abortion wasn't illegal in the ghettos, nor was it illegal in occupied territories (Poland) where it was promoted. The Catholic Church was not in cahoots with the Nazis straight down the line, either. In fact, the Nazi sacked churches and butchered clergy, and the church was one of the few establishments to speak out against them.

Abortion was used as a tool to reduce the populations the germans wanted eliminated; a breeding tool, in exactly the same manner that progressives use it today. They encouraged aryan women to have children but at the same time promoted it among the Poles, using the same tactics you loons use today.

link? I thought you said making unsubstantiated statements was "against the law" :eusa_eh: Follow your own advice V

Link it, you idiot.

Last edited:

True.

I get it. I'm not defending koshergrl, per se, as I don't share her more extreme views on the subject. I simply don't see how there is no comparison.

I have seen too many debates about the subject, and too many times have I see pro-life advocates go down the eugenics path on their own, without any help from conservatives trying to steer them there. It's simply too difficult to discuss eugenics without the Nazi tie-in. That's not my fault. They have too much in common not to.

The problem with this is that "eugenics" is not in the title of the thread. The Nazis were the government. Therefore, any programs they implemented were enforced. Now, if you can show that abortion is being imposed upon those who don't want an abortion, then you might have an argument for some kind of comparison. However, if "pro-abortion" actually translates to the right of the individual to obtain an abortion if they - not the government - so choose, then you have no argument at all.

True.

The problem with this is that "eugenics" is not in the title of the thread. The Nazis were the government. Therefore, any programs they implemented were enforced. Now, if you can show that abortion is being imposed upon those who don't want an abortion, then you might have an argument for some kind of comparison. However, if "pro-abortion" actually translates to the right of the individual to obtain an abortion if they - not the government - so choose, then you have no argument at all.

I'm not arguing so much as exploring. Try not to attach anything more to it than that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back