Anyone who sneers at pro-abortion/Nazi parallels should watch this:

Keep in mind the doctors were at the heart of the death camps.

"NAZI MEDICINE is considered "a work of truth and timeliness" (Allan A. Ryan, U.S. Department of Justice) that studies the step-by-step process that led the German medical profession down an unethical road to genocide. It graphically documents the racial theories and eugenics principles that set the stage for the doctors' participation in sterilization and euthanasia, the selections at the death camps, as well as inhuman and unethical human experimentation. It is "a chilling chronicle of the road traveled by the Nazi physicians from providing a medical justification for the 1933 Nuremberg sterilization laws to trying to justify their role in the holocaust as defendants in the 1946-7 Nuremberg Doctor s Trial." (George Annas, co-editor, 'The Nazi Doctors and the Nuremberg Code'). It also "obliges us to see how our tragic American history in eugenics theory helped to prepare the way for Nazi racial laws, especially sterilization legislation." (Robert F. Drinan, Professor, Georgetown University Law Center)"

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/In-Shadow-Reich-Medicine-Cross/dp/B00008QS9K[/ame]

Last edited:
The parallels are not all that surprising. Keep in mind, however, that the Nazis were inspired by U.S. use of eugenics. Eugenics was a popular concept in the U.S. and elsewhere that came from noble intentions but was simply too flawed a concept to work. If it weren't for the Nazis demonstrating the dangerous potential of eugenics, it may very well have continued as it did in the U.S. before WWII, but for how long? Eugenics is one of those things that is destined to come to a head sooner or later. However, people do tend to forget how positively eugenics was embraced in the U.S. at one time.

In 1975 Germany nixed legalizing abortion based on recognition of the slippery slope they had previously descended.

In 1972, we legalized it.

Go figure. America has always been the breeding ground and support of negative eugenics in all its depravity. We still are, and we're poised to take it even further. You'll hear people on here railing for mass euthanisations of coma patients and disabled children. It's common, and it's accepted, rhetoric in the US. And when you remind them of the German descent into madness, and point out how it started and what the worst elements were (doctor-guided death camps, justified by the goal of "improving" the population) they laugh and post images of kitty cats and change the subject.

It's the same thing. Only more disgusting now than it was then...at least then the goal was to improve and increase the population of a group of people...now the goal is to eliminate mankind altogether.

Nazis propagandists also claimed the way to eliminate poverty and sickness was to abort/euthanise certain groups.

Also, it bears noting that the Obama admin is the one restricting women's access to birth control, in order to increase abortion...

"The federal government will withdraw funding for a Texas program providing more than 100,000 poor women with birth control and other health services because Planned Parenthood clinics are not allowed to participate, a U.S. Health and Human Services spokeswoman said on Friday."

Feds stop funding Texas women's health program over abortion dispute - U.S. News

So when you hear the nazis claiming that by closing PP abortion clinics, we are restricting women's access to free birth control, keep in mind that's only true because the admin has determined that if states don't support abortion clinics, they will not receive federal dollars for contraceptives, period.

It is generally accepted that whenever someone bring up Nazis in an argument that they have really just lost the argument. This thread was over before it even started we could of had a discussion about the ethical implication of abortion and euthanasia and it may have been an interesting conversation. However the Glenn Beckesque Nazi shouting is nothing but a cheap attempt to provoke a strong emotional response. It isn't enough for to start a discussion based on disagreements. Oh no. The opposing side of the argument needs to be a bloody Nazi. This is so fucking transparent.

It is generally accepted that whenever someone bring up Nazis in an argument that they have really just lost the argument. This thread was over before it even started we could of had a discussion about the ethical implication of abortion and euthanasia and it may have been an interesting conversation. However the Glenn Beckesque Nazi shouting is nothing but a cheap attempt to provoke a strong emotional response. It isn't enough for to start a discussion based on disagreements. Oh no. The opposing side of the argument needs to be a bloody Nazi. This is so fucking transparent.

Who's being transparent?

You're right. It is generally accept that whenever someone brings up Nazi in a debate they have lost the argument. The only problem is that doesn't apply to a thread ABOUT Nazis. If you don't agree with the comparison, then tell us why. Otherwise why participate?

It's not generally accepted by me.

Progressives don't want the parallels commented on, so they spread the word that anyone who notices the GLARING similarities between the pre-Holocaust environment and today's progressive march should be disparaged and ridiculed.

Too bad. I haven't lost the argument, there is no argument. The truth is, the policies being touted as "scientific" and "healthy" today are even more reprehensible than the ones the Nazi doctors promoted.

It is what it is. You guys are worse than Nazis. Watch the film.

Who's being transparent?

You're right. It is generally accept that whenever someone brings up Nazi in a debate they have lost the argument. The only problem is that doesn't apply to a thread ABOUT Nazis. If you don't agree with the comparison, then tell us why. Otherwise why participate?

Are you to lazy to read the thread title?

Next.

Same arguments, same objective that the nazi doctors had...our dear progressives are keeping that flame alive.

Only they aren't interested in obliterating a specific race, they are equal opportunity butchers.

Who's being transparent?

Are you to lazy to read the thread title?

Next.

Which you are free to participate or not as you see fit. However, what you are referring to is the "bringing up" of Nazis in a debate, as a premise to discredit something. The discussion is about a Nazi comparison from the outset, so the premise is irrelevant.

If you want to attempt to discredit the comparison, then by all means do so. Any discussion involving eugenics is almost inextricably linked to Nazis and "race purification." Since abortion is often a component of eugenics, then there is relevance. If you want to assume "Glenn Beck" thinking, then fine, but that makes you pretty transparent as well.

"A staggering quantity of documents and witness testimony revealed
how the Nazi leadership waged an aggressive world war with devastating
and unprecedented atrocities. Medicine was demonstrably a component of
Nazi genocide with medical involvement in gas chambers, chemical warfare,
sterilisation, euthanasia, human experiments and plans to eradicate ‘racial​
degenerates’."

Substitute "poor" for "racial degenerates, and "progressives" for "Nazi".

http://wnlibrary.com/Portabel%20Documents/N/Nazi%20Medicine%20And%20The%20Nuremberg%20Trials%20-%20Paul%20Julian%20Weindling.pdf

It's not generally accepted by me.
Do you understand to concept of "generally"?

Progressives don't want the parallels commented on, so they spread the word that anyone who notices the GLARING similarities between the pre-Holocaust environment and today's progressive march should be disparaged and ridiculed.
I wonder how a holocaust survivor would feel when they see you so cheaply throw out the words nazi and holocaust. Absolutely disgraceful, for political reasons nonetheless.

Too bad. I haven't lost the argument, there is no argument.
Well I apologise and concede this point ad hominem attacks aren't really arguments.

The truth is, the policies being touted as "scientific" and "healthy" today are even more reprehensible than the ones the Nazi doctors promoted.
So the Oregon death with dignity act is worse than genocide, torture, and human experimentation? I think this falls under the category of an idea that is so wrong that it doesn't require a refutation; it merely needs to be underlined.

It is what it is. You guys are worse than Nazis. Watch the film.
I am worse than a nazi? That it a pretty serious charge that you should be able to back up before making.

True.

And the notion of ‘pro-abortion’ is rather inane, as few, if any, are ‘pro-abortion.’

The conflict is predicated upon disagreement as to a solution to the problem, not the problem itself.

Tell me who you think should be euthanized, progressives....who is not fit to live?

"Those humans were targeted who were identified as "life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben), including but not limited to the criminal, degenerate, dissident, feeble-minded, homosexual, idle, insane, and the weak, for elimination from the chain of heredity."

Nazi eugenics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow...sounds like all the reasons for abortion/euthanasia...only the homosexual and degenerate part..you guys want more, not fewer, of those....

"
After the eugenics movement was well established in the United States, it was spread to Germany. California eugenicists began producing literature promoting eugenics and sterilization and sending it overseas to German scientists and medical professionals.[3] By 1933, California had subjected more people to forceful sterilization than all other U.S. states combined. The forced sterilization program engineered by the Nazis was partly inspired by California's.[4]"

True.

And the notion of ‘pro-abortion’ is rather inane, as few, if any, are ‘pro-abortion.’

The conflict is predicated upon disagreement as to a solution to the problem, not the problem itself.

I get it. I'm not defending koshergrl, per se, as I don't share her more extreme views on the subject. I simply don't see how there is no comparison.

I have seen too many debates about the subject, and too many times have I see pro-life advocates go down the eugenics path on their own, without any help from conservatives trying to steer them there. It's simply too difficult to discuss eugenics without the Nazi tie-in. That's not my fault. They have too much in common not to.

"
The Rockefeller Foundation helped develop and fund various German eugenics programs, including the one that Josef Mengele worked in before he went to Auschwitz.[3][5]
Upon returning from Germany in 1934, where more than 5,000 people per month were being forcibly sterilized, the California eugenics leader C. M. Goethe bragged to a colleague:
"You will be interested to know that your work has played a powerful part in shaping the opinions of the group of intellectuals who are behind Hitler in this epoch-making program. Everywhere I sensed that their opinions have been tremendously stimulated by American thought . . . I want you, my dear friend, to carry this thought with you for the rest of your life, that you have really jolted into action a great government of 60 million people."[6]"

The Rockefeller foundation..that precious organization, glorified by progressives, that was so instrumental in the development of Planned Parenthood.....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back