Anyone ready to revisit EOs?

Far fewer EO's?

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Suppose Obama signs one EO giving him the power over everything to do anything? Should he sit back and gloat for only signing one?

Dolts.
Suppose you can fly. You can't, and Obama did not. Please talk realistically.

The issue here is the potential misuse of executive power.
Jake can you not be a hypocrite for one day?
Since you describe yourself, I suggest you apply your comment to yourself. Talk realistically.

To the OP: Trump is using EOs, most of which do not bother me.

However, the abuse of them is always a potential problem.

The rewriting of history by the far and alt right cucks here remains laughable as always.

16143072_10210568665426937_8759286148814189848_n.jpg
If you believe that image, you are an enemy of the American Republic.

Again fake the Jake..

Why does this bother you?

16143072_10210568665426937_8759286148814189848_n.jpg

Obama used far fewer EOs than the darlings of the screwy and confused far right, and several were blocked by the courts.

Yet they approve whatever Trump is doing.

Time will tell.

Far fewer EO's?

Suppose Obama signs one EO giving him the power over everything to do anything? Should he sit back and gloat for only signing one?

Dolts.

Since you describe yourself, I suggest you apply your comment to yourself. Talk realistically.

The rewriting of history by the far and alt right cucks here remains laughable as always.
...but you weren't concerned about the abuse, when Big Ears stained the WH. Why?

Wait a second trumps E. O. s cancelled out Obama's E. O. s and now people are bitching?

LMFAO

No bear, read what I said in the OP. I am suggesting EOs are a source of presidential abuse of power by any president. Are we going to live in a country that changes major policy by who is in office with a pen versus convincing and negotiating with Congress?

That's why we vote, Obama was a tyrant on his trying to fundamentally change America.. We seen it through history where Congress tried to force it's will on the people ..

EOs were a tool of Obama's tyranny, why not fix it while we have more control of what it ends up looking like?

gipper has the rub of it (the amount of power), I think, but EOs go all the way back to Washington.

Agreed, but EOs have evolved into more of an end around to Congress. Congress, by its nature is suppose to represent our more individualized wants and needs.

they can always be challenged in the courts

just as cair is doing with the immigration EO

See national security would be an area that a president should have the power to use an EO. Something that needs faster reaction time, but after a point in time, Congress should have the say. One thing I am suggesting is a time limit.

Wait a second trumps E. O. s cancelled out Obama's E. O. s and now people are bitching?

LMFAO

No bear, read what I said in the OP. I am suggesting EOs are a source of presidential abuse of power by any president. Are we going to live in a country that changes major policy by who is in office with a pen versus convincing and negotiating with Congress?

That's why we vote, Obama was a tyrant on his trying to fundamentally change America.. We seen it through history where Congress tried to force it's will on the people ..

EOs were a tool of Obama's tyranny, why not fix it while we have more control of what it ends up looking like?

Nothing to fix.. Trump made it right.

LMFAO

Nothing to fix.. Trump made it right.

Op. The constitution was designed perfectly.. You had a renegade president and another one that followed to be the adult..

I get the sense of righting wrongs, Obama was terrible. Thing is government is not about revenge, but rights and responsibilities.

May I draw a parallel to the War Powers Act? Gee, Congress doesn't react very fast, how about we grant the president powers to start a defense of the nation and then follow up with a Congressional declaration of war? Great, except now we have police actions and these things draw out for years and decades. Everything is government seems to grow and get abused. Time to more clearly define what an EO is, how long it is effective and what subject matter can be used.

May I draw a parallel to the War Powers Act? Gee, Congress doesn't react very fast, how about we grant the president powers to start a defense of the nation and then follow up with a Congressional declaration of war? Great, except now we have police actions and these things draw out for years and decades. Everything is government seems to grow and get abused. Time to more clearly define what an EO is, how long it is effective and what subject matter can be used.
I tend to think EOs need to eliminated. Too much chance for abuse by the scum that usually occupy the WH.

Obama used far fewer EOs than the darlings of the screwy and confused far right, and several were blocked by the courts.

Yet they approve whatever Trump is doing.

Time will tell.

Far fewer EO's?

Dolts.

...but you weren't concerned about the abuse, when Big Ears stained the WH. Why?
Now that's a lie. Prove I supported him. You can't. See, go back to school. You just are no good at this.

Tell me, though, why you supported his bathroom EO. Be specific.

I tend to think EOs need to eliminated. Too much chance for abuse by the scum that usually occupy the WH.
They should be circumscribed narrowly rather than eliminated. The executive branch needs some room to operate efficiently. But I agree. BHO's bathroom EO was terrible, but you supported it. Why?

Far fewer EO's?

Dolts.

Now that's a lie. Prove I supported him. You can't. See, go back to school. You just are no good at this.

Okay Jake you got me. I don't know if you supported his use of EOs. I just assumed you did since you clearly supported him on other issues.

Okay Jake you got me. I don't know if you supported his use of EOs. I just assumed you did since you clearly supported him on other issues.
On some, yes; on some, no. And the point is, you are not the auditor. And you need be to accurate.

I thought he stretched it on the immigrant children staying here, and the courts rebuked him.

Why should POTUS be involved in bathrooms, after I had thought about that EO. I came to the conclusion that's a state's issue and probably not an issue at all. Create M and F and U, and everyone is just fine.

Border security is a necessity, yes.

And airport immigration is another one. If the traveler does not have a visa or other permission, put them on the next plane back.

There are reasonable solutions. And good people come together to find them.

Last edited:
I have felt for a long time that Executive Orders can and do erode the separation of powers and override the Constitution. I thought perhaps I was wrong, that modern society required swifter reaction to crisis by the actions of our leader or that it was purely an obvious administrative function.

Now we have a common sense immigration restriction EO by president Trump. I see it as a good thing, but something that should have limits of it own. Should EOs have a time limit? Should the subject have restrictions, such as national security?

If we even have EOs, what is their place? I hope the Supreme Court gets an opportunity to review this and rebalance federal powers.

I don't have much of a problem with EO to fight EO. But really I want to see a blanket reversion on all EO's to what they were meant to be. As in they don't have any effect policy, just for things like white house needs a new party tent...or Friday's at the WH will be business casual or Hawaiian shirt day. I think both sides of the isle should find this fair

Forum List

Back