Anyone interested in lyrics website?

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
http://www.lyricsdatabase.net

I don't have the time or resources at the moment to promote/develop this site any further. There are over 200,000 songs in the database and growing. Users can submit their own lyrics and you approve from the admin backend. Current PR rank is 4 and will hopefully increase with the next Google update.

Traffic and income hasn't been anything to write home about as of late since I haven't done much promoting, only a few links from other sites, including this one. The site has much potential depending on how you would utilize the database. The database can also be used on a different domain name, nothing in the database ties 'lyricsdatabase' into anything permanent.

If interested, send me a PM. Site is listed on 3 forums as well as on Ebay.

Hey Jim, not sure if this is feasible, but it might give your site a little added oomph. www.songmeanings.net provides a system for users to comment on the meaning of the lyrics as well. There are virtually no sites that have the meaning of lyrics anywhere on the net consolidated into one resource... if there was a way for the meaning to be attached with the lyrics, be it through a comment-style discussion or otherwise, I think that would be cool. Just my 2 cents.

The ClayTaurus said:
Hey Jim, not sure if this is feasible, but it might give your site a little added oomph. www.songmeanings.net provides a system for users to comment on the meaning of the lyrics as well. There are virtually no sites that have the meaning of lyrics anywhere on the net consolidated into one resource... if there was a way for the meaning to be attached with the lyrics, be it through a comment-style discussion or otherwise, I think that would be cool. Just my 2 cents.

That's actually an excellent idea that I may look into should I not sell the site. I think the implementation may be a bit harder than the thought though. I would probably have to hire a coder to implement the comments system attached to the lyrics output. Thanks!

jimnyc said:
That's actually an excellent idea that I may look into should I not sell the site. I think the implementation may be a bit harder than the thought though. I would probably have to hire a coder to implement the comments system attached to the lyrics output. Thanks!
Yeah, like I said, no idea on the feasibility of it, but it's a very untouched corner of the 'net, surprisingly enough.

Forum List

Back