Dick Clark's New Year's Eve

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NATO AIR, Jan 2, 2006.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    What did everyone else think of his return to TV for the New Year's Eve broadcast?

I admit I was deeply affected by his dignity; the uncommon bravery (and I don't mean of the sort that saves lives, but something almost as meaningful) of appearing before the world to do what he loves, despite his obvious ongoing struggle with recovering from the ravaging stroke. In just a few opening minutes, he transformed himself (in my eyes at least), from just another annoying TV personality to an endearing symbol of hope and courage in the face of a near-fatal stroke.

A fine example for any of us, who God forbid, develop or experience serious health problems. Or for that matter, for our parents, grandparents and friends and family. In their time of sickness and struggle, they also have dignity and show uncommon courage. Dick Clark just reminded us all of that.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

NATO, thank you! In so many ways you are one that gives me hope for the future. It's an honor to know you!

3. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    My husband didn't hear what had happened to him. He certainly deserves admiration for continuing his work.