Anyone here against the 'T' in LGBT?

I don't care what people do or who they bugger, but when they force others to care OR ELSE than I have an issue.

Do you accept that some religious people don't want to bake cakes for gay weddings? Yes? No?

Respect is to be earned, not forced at the end of a government dagger or browbeaten into by public bullying.
Do you realIze just how many rules the Bible has? How ridiculous so many of them are? Imagine if a Christian baker followed ALL of those rules. How many rights as a consumer would you lose? People harp on homosexuality and ignore the other rules because they are bigots. It’s blatant cherry picking.

I don't care, and considering we are talking about a contracted, non-essential service, the government shouldn't either.

Again, its people being forced to ACCEPT, not TOLERATE, and that is wrong.
You don’t have to accept anything. Just stop supporting keeping these people from having the same rights as you and I.

Where is there a right to the exact wedding cake you want, and more importantly why does that right even if it exists (it doesn't) supercede someone's free exercise rights?
It’s the same law that guarantees you the same rights. This has nothing to do with special treatment.
We have the Constitutional rights to property.

we have not right to be on anothers property.

I know you don't get that b/c you don't get the difference between freedom and tyranny

Who put the bomp in the bomp shu badda bomp?

I don't know but damn I'm confused about the unnatural sex thing. Where I live it's a tad unnatural to marry your goat although a few look upon it as a marriage made in heaven.

Do you realIze just how many rules the Bible has? How ridiculous so many of them are? Imagine if a Christian baker followed ALL of those rules. How many rights as a consumer would you lose? People harp on homosexuality and ignore the other rules because they are bigots. It’s blatant cherry picking.

I don't care, and considering we are talking about a contracted, non-essential service, the government shouldn't either.

You don’t have to accept anything. Just stop supporting keeping these people from having the same rights as you and I.

Where is there a right to the exact wedding cake you want, and more importantly why does that right even if it exists (it doesn't) supercede someone's free exercise rights?
It’s the same law that guarantees you the same rights. This has nothing to do with special treatment.

I know you don't get that b/c you don't get the difference between freedom and tyranny

I would have one caveat to that. When you invite the public as a whole to purchase point of sale items, or rent rooms in your hotel, or sit in your restaurant, or watch a movie in your theater you are truly creating a public accommodation, and thus the government has a limited ability to tell you how to interact with the public IN THAT CONTEXT ONLY.

Once you get to contracted services, or limit access to certain goods or services, then the rules should change to your ability to interact with who you want to.

So as an example, a hotel/motel shouldn't be able to turn away gay people that want to rent a room, but could refuse to allow use of one of their rental spaces for say a wedding, or a gay rights event.

Public Accommodation vs contracted service.

I would have one caveat to that. When you invite the public as a whole to purchase point of sale items, or rent rooms in your hotel, or sit in your restaurant, or watch a movie in your theater you are truly creating a public accommodation, and thus the government has a limited ability to tell you how to interact with the public IN THAT CONTEXT ONLY.

Once you get to contracted services, or limit access to certain goods or services, then the rules should change to your ability to interact with who you want to.

So as an example, a hotel/motel shouldn't be able to turn away gay people that want to rent a room, but could refuse to allow use of one of their rental spaces for say a wedding, or a gay rights event.

I disagree.

It's my property, I have absolute say.

recall the no shirts no shoes no service.

If the Fed can force one thing upon you, there is no end.

I have a friend that is a lesbian and she doesnt support anything LGBT because trannies took over the movement and people now equate the two totally different lifestyles.

The balkanization continues, and the more sane members of the gay community will start realizing the radicals have gone too far.
No, you just lack the emotional maturity to accept that there are people radically different from you. I’m not LGBT but I know the basics of respect for others.

I don't care what people do or who they bugger, but when they force others to care OR ELSE than I have an issue.

Do you accept that some religious people don't want to bake cakes for gay weddings? Yes? No?

Respect is to be earned, not forced at the end of a government dagger or browbeaten into by public bullying.

Dear martybegan and Billy000
can either of you explain to me why it's okay
to refuse and protest displays of the national flag and anthem
even publicly on TV to disrupt broadcasts of programs,
but not okay to refuse to recognize LGBT as a status?

What is wrong with people?

If the Flag and Anthem don't represent the same things
to people, why keep pushing LGBT beliefs and marriage that don't mean the
same things to people either! Why impose any of that on people,
then yell and scream and turn ugly when it's your turn to be imposed upon.

The balkanization continues, and the more sane members of the gay community will start realizing the radicals have gone too far.
No, you just lack the emotional maturity to accept that there are people radically different from you. I’m not LGBT but I know the basics of respect for others.

Dear Billy000
if you want gay marriage and LGBT beliefs endorsed by states and public institutions
are you okay with Christian prayers, beliefs, crosses and Bibles
endorsed and displayed in govt and public institutions?

If you want the right to health care sponsored through govt as a required mandate to pay for,
are you okay with everyone paying for right to life programs
by Christians and spiritual healing to diagnose and cure diseases
in order to afford health care for more people.

Are you okay with prolife and spiritual healing mandates
if that's better for the "general welfare" and allows
resources to provide for the greater population at lower costs?

Okay, I'd heard about the conflicts over whether to add a brown stripe to the LGBT rainbow flag.

This article, linked below, cites a fringe faction that was lobbying to
separate the "transgender" issues from LGB issues, with claims
and complaints of hostility and harassment:

Change.org Petition Wants to Take the T Out of LGBT

Whoa.

I, myself, have criticized liberal hostility, rejection and exclusion of "ex gays"
from the LGBT movement and activism of "INCLUSION."

What do you think of THIS?
Not just throwing out ALL the 'alphabet soup' but
just targeting the T and tossing that letter! what?

All anyone has ever needed is a USB port.

It is only a matter of time before LGBTR....as in Robot....

Dear Billy000
if you want gay marriage and LGBT beliefs endorsed by states and public institutions

If you want the right to health care sponsored through govt as a required mandate to pay for,

There is constitutional precedent for separation of church and state so no. The constitution says nothing at all about being gay.

Okay, I'd heard about the conflicts over whether to add a brown stripe to the LGBT rainbow flag.

Whoa.

I, myself, have criticized liberal hostility, rejection and exclusion of "ex gays"

There are also L and G people who are hostile or distrustful of B people. Where will it end ? Every one for themselves? I think that LGBT people need each other to combat bigotry, given their small numbers in the population, the fact that there are a lot of similarities between gender discrimination, discrimination based on gender identity as well as sexual orientation. I'm willing to bet that it is largely the same people who discriminate and malign all of these people. They have a common enemy and they need to understand that . Stronger together.

I might also point out that many trans people also identify as gay. I know, its complicated, but true. In addition, it is not the fault of trans-people that the bigots and religious zealots turned on them and made it an issue after loosing on same sex marriage.

As far as ex gay people go, I have to disagree. Those who were truly gay to begin with have been shamed and brainwashed into trying to live as straight and will not have any easy time of it in terms of relationships. Where as LGBT people want the freedom to live openly as who they are, ex-gays are living a lie and reinforcing the idea - promoted by bigots- that gay is a choice and therefor something salacious and frivolous that should not be taken seriously or afforded rights.

Some ex - gays are likely bi sexual and have changed their lifestyle ( as opposed to their sexual orientation) to conform to expectations, but they too are living a lie because they are denying a part of who they really are.

Everyone need to just get the fuck over it all.. Gays and straights alike. That is why I support the gay -straight alliance concept. We have to get over this divisiveness that tears people apart. All decent people who believe in human rights and equality -regardless of their sexuality, should stand together.

Last edited:

Whoa.

I'll give it a try? There are some nice ones!

Whoa.

Here you go.

682d8e6293aa784f5909398bf25f955494bda489.jpg

Dear Billy000

There is constitutional precedent for separation of church and state so no. The constitution says nothing at all about being gay.
But it does address equal protection under the law and due process. Not all rights and protections are enumerated in the constitution and the body of constitutional is comprised of, not only the articles , but also the amendments as well as judicial binding precedents of which there are many.

Whoa.

Its got your name on it bro!
th

Whoa.

Its got your name on it bro!
th
It's name is "Arnold".

Whoa.

There are also L and G people who are hostile or distrustful of B people. Where will it end ? Every one for themselves? I think that LGBT people need each other to combat bigotry, given their small numbers in the population, the fact that there are a lot of similarities between gender discrimination, discrimination based on gender identity as well as sexual orientation. I'm willing to bet that it is largely the same people who discriminate and malign all of these people. They have a common enemy and they need to understand that . Stronger together.

I might also point out that many trans people also identify as gay. I know, its complicated, but true. In addition, it is not the fault of trans-people that the bigots and religious zealots turned on them and made it an issue after loosing on same sex marriage.

As far as ex gay people go, I have to disagree. Those who were truly gay to begin with have been shamed and brainwashed into trying to live as straight and will not have any easy time of it in terms of relationships. Where as LGBT people want the freedom to live openly as who they are, ex-gays are living a lie and reinforcing the idea - promoted by bigots- that gay is a choice and therefor something salacious and frivolous that should not be taken seriously or afforded rights.

Some ex - gays are likely bi sexual and have changed their lifestyle ( as opposed to their sexual orientation) to conform to expectations, but they too are living a lie because they are denying a part of who they really are.

Everyone need to just get the fuck over it all.. Gays and straights alike. That is why I support the gay -straight alliance concept. We have to get over this divisiveness that tears people apart. All decent people who believe in human rights and equality -regardless of their sexuality, should stand together.
What is so funny Hartly?? Care to try to make an intelligent and thoughtful comment?

I disagree.

It's my property, I have absolute say.

recall the no shirts no shoes no service.

If the Fed can force one thing upon you, there is no end.

Less the feds and more the States. the issue is once you open your property to the public to enter without permission, you create a public area on your private property. to maintain true private property rights you have to set it up where only with permission people can enter controlled areas of your property.

Forum List

Back