Infighting In The Church Of LGBT: GLAAD & Others Face Off With "Drop The T" Movement

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Like when the protestants faced off with the catholics, a neo-religion rift begins...

Drop the T Movement:
HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN, GLAAD, Lambda Legal, The Advocate, Out magazine, HuffPost Gay Voices: Drop the T

Drop20the20T_zpsdk84tvcs.jpg

We are a group of gay/bisexual men and women who have come to the conclusion that the transgender community needs to be disassociated from the larger LGB community; in essence, we ask that organizations such as the Human Rights Campaign, GLAAD, Lambda Legal and media outlets such as The Advocate, Out, Huff Post Gay Voices, etc., stop representing the transgender community..

LGBT Groups Respond to Petition Asking to 'Drop the T'
LGBT Groups Respond to Petition Asking to 'Drop the T'

GLAAD and the Human Rights Campaign both flatly rejected a Change.org petition asking LGBT groups to dissociate with trans people and issues...."GLAAD stands firmly with the transgender community and unequivocally rejects the outrageous and destructive idea that the ‘T’ be removed from LGBT,"..."For decades, transgender people have worked alongside lesbian, gay, and bisexual people to advance equality for everyone, often leading the way in the movement for full equality and acceptance. Many trans people are also lesbian, gay, and bisexual — they are an inextricable and invaluable part of the LGB community.

Human Rights Campaign president Chad Griffin was equally direct in his response: ..The parents who could provide loving homes for the 400,000 children in foster care aren't only lesbian parents, or gay parents, they're bisexual parents and transgender parents. This idea that we are somehow separate and apart is patently untrue. We are one movement, stronger in our unity. We are one community, period.

Ruh-Roh!

Discuss.

openly gay lawyer and author Joseph R. Murray II....“Make no mistake,” he continues, “the gay community needs to file for divorce with the trans community. They are no longer working toward the same goals, and South Dakota is Exhibit A. The issues facing the transgender community today are wholly different and separate from those facing the gay community.”... Is It Time To Drop The “T” From LGBTQ? This Guy Says Yes… And Do It Fast! / Queerty

Ah....so the lawyers are behind the push for the LGBT divorce. Figures. :eusa_snooty:

Wow! A whole 3,000 people signed this petition in 7 months!? Clearly the LGBT community is in the middle of a major civil war. :lol:

Wow! A whole 3,000 people signed this petition in 7 months!? Clearly the LGBT community is in the middle of a major civil war. :lol:

I never for a moment believed the mainstream Church would kick out it's "T" parishioners. I'm just reporting what's going on. Don't you think it's odd that it's a gay LAWYER who wants the divorce between the two factions? Remember, in the OP I said the rift "begins"...not that it is in full swing. Do take care to read comprehensively.

I never for a moment believed the mainstream Church would kick out it's "T" parishioners. I'm just reporting what's going on. Don't you think it's odd that it's a gay LAWYER who wants the divorce between the two factions? Remember, in the OP I said the rift "begins"...not that it is in full swing. Do take care to read comprehensively.

No, there has always been a small movement in the gay community that has wanted to marginalize or drop transgendereds.

I am surprised you're not aware of this fact considering your all consuming obsession with shitting on the LGBT community.

No, there has always been a small movement in the gay community that has wanted to marginalize or drop transgendereds.

Why? In your observation?

Are you doubting me or asking for me to elaborate?

I'm asking you to tell me why there has "always been a small movement in the gay community that has wanted to marginalize or drop transgendereds." What is the rationale over time that these people have used to squeeze out "T"?

Why? In your observation?

Are you doubting me or asking for me to elaborate?

I'm asking you to tell me why there has "always been a small movement in the gay community that has wanted to marginalize or drop transgendereds."

Some gay people are assholes that felt the movement would advance quicker without them. There isn't a serious push in the LGBT community to remove the T.

We have been told, have we not, that transgenders are not homosexuals? The problem with that, of course, is then which gender attraction is homosexual for them? If a man says he is a woman, wears a dress and shaves his legs, yet still lusts after women, is he a lesbian, heterosexual, or just confused? It really comes down, does it not, to whether he is actually a man or a woman?

Let's let science decide. If a man is genetically a man and is attracted to women, he is a heterosexual, period (We would, naturally, need to accommodate the extremely rare cases where the genetics are murky).

If he is then, in fact, NOT a homosexual OR a lesbian, does he really belong in that group? I can see where the acolytes could be upset, not desiring hetero membership.

And that also raises the issue of giving heterosexual men access to women and girls in various stages of undress, but that's a different topic.

I have heard of gay people bitching about this before.
I get it. The trannies completely took over their movement. Gay and transsexual aren't even sub categories of the same thing..

Forum List

Back