Anyone Have Any Veal Recipes?

Veal and foie gras are for people who have no morals and don't care about their own health. Real winners! :D

Everyone has their own failings. There are many, many enjoyable things which are bad for your health and some or many might find to be not of the highest morality.

But, veal tastes good; foie gras is heavenly; and the occasional glance at a young woman's curvaceousness are some of the little things which make a man's life a brighter, happier one so that he may have the cheerful disposition and subsequent motivation to volunteer, or donate to charity, or some other such good deed. Or not. Who knows?

But, there it is...

Needless to say, I would never eat veal and as we see here, there are people who want to be cruel, are too cowardly to do it themselves but jump at the chance to pay someone else to do it for them - as in veal, fois gras, etc.

BUT as cruelty goes, veal may actually be somewhat less cruel than other kinds of flesh.

True that the calves are horribly abused for their entire lives, they're kept sick, starved of real food in favor of a pap that barely keeps them alive, constantly leaking liquid stool, unable to stand up because they're so weak but their misery lasts only a relatively few weeks or months.

In contrast, dairy, factory farmed eggs, factory farmed meat of other animals suffer intense cruelty for their entire lives. Dairy is among the worst because it goes on for years. Battery chickens usually die after about 1 year because they're just worn out.

If you want to eat flesh, buy from a local ranch where the animals live on grass and are slaughtered on the spot.

For those who, like the posts above, like the cruelty but won't do it themselves, buy from a large supermarket. That way, you not only get the cruelty, you also get lot of the drugs and hormones that we now know are very harmful to adults and even more so to children.

And be sure to stop at McDonald's on the way home.

its less about the animals, and more about the pompous self righteous asses such as yourself waxing on about other people's eating habits.

You go on about not caring, but your multi-paragraph screed betrays that you do.

Too bad, so sad.

Luddly is sorely misinformed. It is possible to buy humanly raised free range veal, just like other meats.

I find grilled veal chops to be quite delicious. Just rub with a bit of olive oil, sprinkle salt and pep, and grill.

Heck, skip the pepper and just do some coarse sea salt. Trust me: good meat needs nothing more.

I believe that if we demand that our food be humanely raised, humanely transported and humanely slaughtered, we can change the way our so-called food producers operate.

Is it really too much to demand that animals be treated well? Killed well?

One thing for sure, you do not demand it and if you don't demand that your food not be full of drugs, hormones, garbage that no one would willingly eat, the industry will not change.

Its just that simple.

I believe that if we demand that our food be humanely raised, humanely transported and humanely slaughtered, we can change the way our so-called food producers operate.

One thing for sure, you do not demand it and if you don't demand that your food not be full of drugs, hormones, garbage that no one would willingly eat, the industry will not change.

Its just that simple.

Hmmm...I buy organic meats and veggies all the time. Of course you pay a premium for em. And they usually aren't as pretty as some of the factory farm stuff but they definitely taste better.
So whats the problem?

Its just that simple.

Hmmm...I buy organic meats and veggies all the time. Of course you pay a premium for em. And they usually aren't as pretty as some of the factory farm stuff but they definitely taste better.
So whats the problem?

Well, first, they're probably not actually organic. In the US, we have very little organic food available for livestock.

But, that's not the issue I am addressing.

See my post that you are replying to. My concern is the overwhelming and brutal cruelty inherent in our livestock industry.

An easy way to look at this is to ask yourself if everything you know about the way livestock is treated - the way they are grown, transported and slaughtered -

Ask yourself if you would be okay with all of that being done to a puppy.

And then remember that if any of that were actually done to a puppy, the perpetrator would go to jail.

There is no protection for so-called "food' animals.

For that matter, there is no protection for "research" animals either but that's for another thread.

Its just that simple.

So whats the problem?

Well, first, they're probably not actually organic. In the US, we have very little organic food available for livestock.

But, that's not the issue I am addressing.

See my post that you are replying to. My concern is the overwhelming and brutal cruelty inherent in our livestock industry.

An easy way to look at this is to ask yourself if everything you know about the way livestock is treated - the way they are grown, transported and slaughtered -

Ask yourself if you would be okay with all of that being done to a puppy.

And then remember that if any of that were actually done to a puppy, the perpetrator would go to jail.

There is no protection for so-called "food' animals.

For that matter, there is no protection for "research" animals either but that's for another thread.
Vote with your money, don't eat meat.

I've never cooked Veal before and I am eager to try, anyone have any recipes they care to share?

I don't really eat veal often, but I do sometimes buy ground veal and add it to hamburger meat and ground pork and make meatballs out of it. They are really good. I just make them like I would normally make meatballs, but they just seem more tasty when you add three meats instead of just one. :)

I've never cooked Veal before and I am eager to try, anyone have any recipes they care to share?

I don't really eat veal often, but I do sometimes buy ground veal and add it to hamburger meat and ground pork and make meatballs out of it. They are really good. I just make them like I would normally make meatballs, but they just seem more tasty when you add three meats instead of just one. :)

You mix the veal with other meats and make it into meatballs?!

Sacrilege!!! Burn her! Burrrrrrrn herrrrrrrrrrrr!

Yes, meatballs are better that way. Have you ever had them?

Here's a recipe for 3-meat meatballs. This isn't MY recipe. Mine is a secret. Lol! Actually, this is the authentic Italian method to make meatballs. Only Americans use just hamburger in their meatballs. The 3 meats give the meatballs a tenderness and another dimension of flavor.

Excellent Meatballs Recipe Anne Burrell Food Network

And here's another.

Nonna s Old Country Italian Meatballs Recipe by festeitaliano Epicurious.com

Veal Piccata

1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 veal scallops, about 3/4 pound, pounded to a thickness of 1/8-inch
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoon capers, drained

1. Season veal with salt and pepper and dredge in flour, shaking off excess. Heat 2 tbsp. butter and oil in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add veal, and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and set aside.

2. Add wine to skillet, and cook, scraping bottom of pan until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil and reduce by half Add remaining butter, juice, and capers and season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over veal and serve immediately.

This is exactly like my Tilapia Piccata with white wine sauce recipe except with veal!

Veal are abused baby cows which are kept in a small crate so they can't turn around or walk, so that their muscles are like mush. Do you have zero morals brah?

But they cook so well, and take up such flavor, so, meh.

I'll make sure to cook my veal chops with some Fois Gras next time.
lol. As long as you know that you're being a dick. :D

Needless to say, I would never eat veal and as we see here, there are people who want to be cruel, are too cowardly to do it themselves but jump at the chance to pay someone else to do it for them - as in veal, fois gras, etc.

BUT as cruelty goes, veal may actually be somewhat less cruel than other kinds of flesh.

True that the calves are horribly abused for their entire lives, they're kept sick, starved of real food in favor of a pap that barely keeps them alive, constantly leaking liquid stool, unable to stand up because they're so weak but their misery lasts only a relatively few weeks or months.

In contrast, dairy, factory farmed eggs, factory farmed meat of other animals suffer intense cruelty for their entire lives. Dairy is among the worst because it goes on for years. Battery chickens usually die after about 1 year because they're just worn out.

If you want to eat flesh, buy from a local ranch where the animals live on grass and are slaughtered on the spot.

For those who, like the posts above, like the cruelty but won't do it themselves, buy from a large supermarket. That way, you not only get the cruelty, you also get lot of the drugs and hormones that we now know are very harmful to adults and even more so to children.

And be sure to stop at McDonald's on the way home.

Come on duddly...you dont hear us complaining when you eat a bag of dicks.

:rofl:

Vote with your money, don't eat meat.

Oh, good God! People eat meat because it's delicious and we are omnivores. If you want to deprive yourself of delicious meat, you go ahead, but just remember . . .

That's about the level of debate from meat eaters, a Homer Simpson quote. :lol:

It's true. Who would really enjoy a cook-out at a vegetarian's house where the food is lame and sucks? Nobody, that's who. Those who do show up and eat, are just being polite. :D

Its just that simple.

Then buy pink veal...that's an indication of humanely raised veal.

Forum List

Back