Anyone got any good pulled pork recipes?

I use a rub of equal parts (half cup) kosher salt, brown sugar and paprika then add a tablespoon of black pepper, dried garlic, dried onion, dried mustard and a teaspoon cayenne pepper, celery salt and whatever else I feel like

I make a mop sauce out of apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, hot pepper flakes, leftover rub and onion slices

Smoke it about 15 hours, pull by hand.....tastes like meat candy

I just think of it as Chile Verde.
I make awesome award-winning (really) chili verde.

Post the recipe!
1 lb pork (boneless country style ribs are best)
1 lb fresh tomatillos, thickly diced
1 large onion, thickly diced
1 large garlic or 1 heaping tbsp of chopped from a jar
2 medium jalapeño peppers, chopped small
¾ stick of butter
1 cup (plus or minus) all purpose flour. Masa if you have it.
1 can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes w/chiles
1 small cans diced green chiles
8 chicken or pork bullion cubes
1 tsp cumin
2 medium yellow chili peppers

Melt butter on high in slow cooker...Add onion, garlic, ¼ of the tomatillos, one chopped jalapeño, one chopped yellow pepper, Ro-Tels and cumin…Sauté until onions are clear.

Sprinkle and mix in flour to make a roux…You want the consistency of the mixture to be cookie dough-like…Sticky and firm, yet not gooey.

Put the roux into a 5 quart slow cooker and simmer for 1 hr (at least), stirring occasionally.

Meanwhile, heat oven to 350 and boil bullion cubes in 8 cups of water.

Remove crock from slow cooker and place in oven for 20 mins…This brings the temp of the roux significantly higher than that of the bullion, to eliminate clumps.

Remove roux from oven and add hot broth, stirring vigorously.

Dice and sauté (or sear on hothot grill then dice) pork.

Add pork, remaining diced tomatillos and finely chopped banana pepper, and slow cook for 1 hr or more.

Forum List

Back