Anyone got any good pulled pork recipes?

High_Gravity

Belligerent Drunk
Nov 19, 2010
Richmond VA
I been thinking of doing a good pulled pork in the crock pot this weekend, anyone have any recipes for it? I got one off line where we put Guiness in with it, but I was trying to see if anyone else had something they recommend.

I think it is just the pork with a good barbecue sauce. Pull the pork off while it's hot.

The liquid smoke is a good idea, I just used it in some of those great Cowboy Beans and it added a lot to it.

Just a tablespoon of the smoke.

Me, too. And any recipe of Raichlen's is just amazing.

My mom used to make pot roast with vinegar, the gravy was so good.

How did she do that? can you share?

She just browned the meat then added a little water and vinegar to the pot and cooked it. She threw veggies and potatoes in halfway through. You just use the pan drippings for the gravy. She made it with corn starch and water.

My mother in law browned the meat, added vinegar and a little water to an oven pan and cooked it raised up, covered with aluminum foil which was also good. You still used the drippings for gravy.

Back then, they used the heavy cast iron pans that you season. I season mine everytime after I use it with a little oil and just store it that way.

Any vinegar in particular?

I buy organic vinegar with the mother. It's called Braggs. More expensive and you have to shake it up real good to get the nutrients. She just used any old vinegar.

She was a very straightforward cook. No frills, good cook.

I been thinking of doing a good pulled pork in the crock pot this weekend, anyone have any recipes for it? I got one off line where we put Guiness in with it, but I was trying to see if anyone else had something they recommend.

Aww, dude.
When I was running Woody's Bar-B-Q, we had a kickass recipe.
Nothing really for a crockpot, though.

We would smoke the pork butt for 12 hours before pulling it and adding vinegar, sugar, and other seasonings. The we'd cover it and put in the oven for another 2 hours

Aww, dude.
When I was running Woody's Bar-B-Q, we had a kickass recipe.
Nothing really for a crockpot, though.

We would smoke the pork butt for 12 hours before pulling it and adding vinegar, sugar, and other seasonings. The we'd cover it and put in the oven for another 2 hours

That sounds delicious!

Forum List

Back