Anyone ever go to a Billy Joel concert?

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
I got tickets yesterday to see him in February at MSG and I would appreciate any feedback on what type of show to expect. Thanks

I saw him years ago, on one of his tours with Elton John. The concert was amazing, and Billy Joel was dead-on perfect while singing.

In between songs, he would mutter incoherently, and wobble on his piano stool.

45 minutes into the show, he walked off stage and didn't come back. Elton John played by himself for another half hour or so.

A few days later, it came out that Billy Joel had checked himself back into rehab.

Still a great show though.

I saw him years ago, on one of his tours with Elton John. The concert was amazing, and Billy Joel was dead-on perfect while singing.

45 minutes into the show, he walked off stage and didn't come back. Elton John played by himself for another half hour or so.

A few days later, it came out that Billy Joel had checked himself back into rehab.

Glad to hear he’s good in concert. It sucks that you only got to see him 45 minuets. I hear he’s having a kid now (I know at his age that’s crazy). Hopefully he’s doing well in his recovery.

I got tickets yesterday to see him in February at MSG and I would appreciate any feedback on what type of show to expect. Thanks

Yes, he is really, really old.

Did I mention he was old?

Glad to hear he’s good in concert. It sucks that you only got to see him 45 minuets. I hear he’s having a kid now (I know at his age that’s crazy). Hopefully he’s doing well in his recovery.

This was probably 10 years ago, but I hear he's still kicking ass.

While drooling with a diaper on, yes.

While drooling with a diaper on, yes.

He's 68. Younger than my parents.

All of the Rolling Stones are 5-10 years older than him, and they're still kicking ass.

Forum List

Back