Anyone else notice?

the left is generally more accepting of martial missteps. (like clinton and edwards for example) its typically the right who decry infidelity in any form because it taints the "idea" of marriage. hence why the right also wants to stop gays from getting married. people are human, and people with power think they are untouchable. not just those in public office, but those in the private sector as well. the difference is, in the private sector, there isnt near the press because we dont typically care of the head of a major corporation has an affair.

This stuff was ignored for years.

That was ended when the right got all MORAL about Clintons infidelity.

That opened the floodgates again.

Newt BTY was fucking his aide while married to his second wife the entire time he railed about Clintons immorality.

The dog now bites them too.

They are the ones who pretend to be MORE MORAL and should there fore fall harder every time.

So, is it better to set moral standards for oneself and society, or to have none so that when you fall from grace no one can point a finger?

How about moral standards that dont include the doctrine of Your religion.

I want my politicians to be honest about policy and vote with the best interests of their constituients.

If you cant meet your own religions tennets then dont expect everyone else who doesnt share your religion to meet them.

Where do moral standards originate?

Oh my, hit a nerve on ol' RGS. Well, RGS, you dumb ass, read Newties comments concerning the lady that drowned her two children in the river. And then notice how he shut up when it came out that she had been the victum of incest with her father since she was a small child. And her father was the Republican Committee Chairman for that Southern State County.

There are evil people in every group, pretending, as you do, that they only exist in some other group is the evidence of a weak mind, wedded to a weak ideology.

Sort of like the false accuser in the Duke rape case?

Wasn't she just in trouble for abusing her kids?

She was a "big" figure on the left- what happened to her?
:eusa_whistle:

Yeah, she was a real leader man. A destitute prostitute that was charged with attempted murder without a high school degree.
She is going far man, real far as a leader.

"We are holier than thou!" sayeth the Conservatives.

Another clumsy attempt to deflect the flaws in their ideology. By casting aspersions on their political opposition, the Conservatives figure they can keep flaws like their inherent greed and sense of self righteousness under wraps.

And the aspersions they cast are not political or policy aspersions. They are moral and ethical ones. Yet another glass house for the Conservatives to live in.

Glass houses like complaining about President Obama's seeming lack of ability to communicate without a teleprompter. Did they listen to George W. Bush at all?

Glass houses like saying this federal budget will sink the republic. Did they audit budgets from 2001 to 2009?

A weak premise for a weaker ideology. Everything fits, in the barren mind of the modern Conservative.

So, is it better to set moral standards for oneself and society, or to have none so that when you fall from grace no one can point a finger?

I want my politicians to be honest about policy and vote with the best interests of their constituients.

If you cant meet your own religions tennets then dont expect everyone else who doesnt share your religion to meet them.

The minds of humans

The minds of humans

And what do many use to guide their minds?

Another clumsy attempt to deflect the flaws in their ideology. By casting aspersions on their political opposition, the Conservatives figure they can keep flaws like their inherent greed and sense of self righteousness under wraps.

And the aspersions they cast are not political or policy aspersions. They are moral and ethical ones. Yet another glass house for the Conservatives to live in.

Glass houses like complaining about President Obama's seeming lack of ability to communicate without a teleprompter. Did they listen to George W. Bush at all?

Glass houses like saying this federal budget will sink the republic. Did they audit budgets from 2001 to 2009?

A weak premise for a weaker ideology. Everything fits, in the barren mind of the modern Conservative.

No Nosmo...we do nto say we are hlier than thou.

We strive to be holier than thou...and do our best to acheive it.

Not true , the right uses religion to divide people

No, but I've notice RGS loves to generalize and whine about shit he makes up.

Not true , the right uses religion to divide people

Thats not true. That is how you believe to see it, but that is not true.
The right, primarily conservatives, use religion,better siad their faith, to mold their thinking and way of life.
How you percieve it is up to you.
Me? Not very religious at all. Thus I am OK with abortions (dont believe in them but will never vote to outlaw them, but will ALWAYS vote to not have to pay for them) and I have no issue with gay marriage.

And as a side note....whereas I do not see it appropriate for me to insist that someone carry a baby full term even though I am against the idea of an abortion...I se it equally inappropriate for you tohold agaiunst someone for being against abortion.

The people who beleive in religious myths are fine with me right up until they try to insist their myths are on the same plane with demonstrateable facts.

Use your religion as intended, jesus wanted you to be good to each other and tell the truth.

Start doing that

The people who beleive in religious myths are fine with me right up until they try to insist their myths are on the same plane with demonstrateable facts.

Use your religion as intended, jesus wanted you to be good to each other and tell the truth.

Start doing that

You are obvioiusly not overly religious and that is fine. Neither am I.
But I would never openly state how one SHOULD use religion.
And likewise, I would not criticize ones belief in religion over science or demonstratetable facts.

Science is superior to any myth.

To pretend that it is not true for religious purposes just makes someone irrational.

Science is superior to any myth.

To pretend that it is not true for religious purposes just makes someone irrational.

in your eyes TM...and you are entitled to such a sentiment.

But to refer to others as irrational for their beliefs is not appropriate in my eyes...but I would not refer to you as irrational for doing that.

And by the way...the ten plagues; the parting of the sea; all seemed like myths for years and defied science.

But as you may be aware, new "broad" thinking has opened the door to a few scientific possibilities as to how they actually may have happened.

Burning bush...a myth...defied science....until the discovery of a tree that lit afalme on its own due to a vocanic fissure.

Adam and Eve...a myth...or perhaps it refers to the first human that evolved from apes?

And with that missing link still not confirmed....evolution from Apes is still a theory....nearly confirmed but with one major link missing.

Forum List

Back