Anyone else notice?

women are individuals just like men.

Some lie and some dont.

Are you suggesting they should just be believed no matter what the evidence is because of female body parts?

I agree with you TM.

But I must ask...why are you so open about how men and women are the same, and individuals, but when it comes to party affiliation, the dems are all bright ethical and honest while the republicans are all idiots, amoral and liars?

Do you not see how partisan that comes across?

I think that anyone on either side is a dirtbag for doing this, regardless of how others in their party defends them. However, since conservatives generally hold themselves to a higher moral standard, it appears far worse when they do this type of thing. Use Mark Sanford as an example of this. Looks way worse for him than it did for scum-of-the-earth car salesman John Edwards.

Last edited:
Cons are the ones who hold themselves to a higher standard and quite often fail.

In a country with 50% divorce rates I think they are being unrealisitic to pretend politicains are not mere humans.

That s one thing the left is very good at... they behave very monolithically. They don't waver form the party line, no matter how absurd.

Conservatives however, don't tend to move in is such a cohesive manner; we're more individualists.. hence the Tea Party movement, the far right, the Libertarians, etc.

Why should it matter how we act. We were born from pond scum evolved from
apes. The fact that we stopped eating our poo and masturbating in public is all we should really hope for and some of us have achieved that, now all we have to do is help the democrats learn what toilet paper is used for.

Cons are the ones who hold themselves to a higher standard and quite often fail.

In a country with 50% divorce rates I think they are being unrealisitic to pretend politicains are not mere humans.

Actuallly, it is those with the most conservative values (such as myself) that are unrealistic. We place much importance on certain values, that are quite difficult to maintain.

Such is why I have become a little more moderate as it pertains to certain social issues.

Why should it matter how we act. We were born from pond scum evolved from
apes. The fact that we stopped eating our poo and masturbating in public is all we should really hope for and some of us have achieved that, now all we have to do is help the democrats learn what toilet paper is used for.

We have only acheived it becuase we are told it is socially unacceptabel.
Give me the green light and I will gladly masturbate in public. :eusa_whistle:

So, is it better to set moral standards for oneself and society, or to have none so that when you fall from grace no one can point a finger?

When ever someone on the left is accused of Rape or sexual misconduct the liberals always defend them? Make disparaging remarks about the charges and generally claim nothing important happened?

Of course if a Republican even smiles at a pretty girl those same people are all hot to prosecute for something, anything.

Oh, c'mon now! Next thing you know you'll be telling me a married Dimocrat president would lie to the world - wagging his finger for emphasis - about having an ongoing sexual relationship in the White House with a young staff intern, get busted for it when it became known presidential spew was still on a dress she wore, and the Jackass Party would defend him to the hilt rather than insist he take a hike. Some things are just beyond the realm of possibility IMO.

So, is it better to set moral standards for oneself and society, or to have none so that when you fall from grace no one can point a finger?

I say strive for the best. Falling short does not mean failure or hypocrisy...it means continue trying.

How about moral standards that dont include the doctrine of Your religion.

I want my politicians to be honest about policy and vote with the best interests of their constituients.

If you cant meet your own religions tennets then dont expect everyone else who doesnt share your religion to meet them.

How about moral standards that dont include the doctrine of Your religion.

I want my politicians to be honest about policy and vote with the best interests of their constituients.

If you cant meet your own religions tennets then dont expect everyone else who doesnt share your religion to meet them.

That trickles down to the basic premise of

"run for office based on an honest platform"

Sadly, very few politicans on both sides of the aisle do so.

the left is generally more accepting of martial missteps. (like clinton and edwards for example) its typically the right who decry infidelity in any form because it taints the "idea" of marriage. hence why the right also wants to stop gays from getting married. people are human, and people with power think they are untouchable. not just those in public office, but those in the private sector as well. the difference is, in the private sector, there isnt near the press because we dont typically care of the head of a major corporation has an affair.

http://www.newsweek.com/blogs/the-g...dals-through-the-years-both-parties-even.html

Democrats:
1. * *Wayne Hays (1976): Affair with secretary (one of the first major sex scandals)
2. * *Allan Howe (1976): Solicited sex with two prostitutes (both of whom were undercover cops)
3. * *John Young (1976): Staffer alleged sexual harrassment
4. * *Fred Richmond (1978): Charged with soliciting sex from a 16-year-old boy.
5. * *Gerry Studds (1983): Reprimanded for having sex with a male teenage House page
6. * *Gary Hart (1988): Affair with model Donna Rice.
7. * *Barney Frank (1989): Affair with male prostitute, who also conducted business in Frank's home.
8. * *Chuck Robb (1991): Admitted to receiving a nude massage from a former Miss Virginia.
9. * *Brock Adams (1992): Eight women accused him of sexual harassment, abuse, and rape.
10. * *Mel Reynolds (1994): Sexual relationship with 16-year-old campaign volunteer.
11. * *Bill Clinton (1998): Affair with intern Monica Lewinsky.
12. * *Gary Condit (2001): Affair with (murdered) intern Chandra Levy.
13. * *Paul Patton (2002): Affair with nursing home operator; when the affair ended the state of Kentucky filed numerous violations against her business.
14. * *Bob Wise (2003): Affair with a state government staffer
15. * *Jim McGreevey (2004): Resigned as NJ governor after admitting that he is "a gay American"
16. * *Neil Goldschmidt (2004): Admitted to having a relationship with a 14-year-old girl in the 1970s.
17. * *Roosevelt Dobbins (2005): Congressman form Arkansas, pleaded guilty to fondling a 16-year-old.
18. * *Gavin Newsom (2007): Affair with the wife of a top aide.
19. * *Antonio Villaraigosa (2007): Affair with a television reporter.
20. * *Tim Mahoney (2008): Admitted to multiple affairs.
21. * *Eliot Spitzer (2008): Involved in prostitution scandal.
22. * *Paul Morrison (2008): Affair with administrative staffer while Attorney General of Kansas, pressured her to reveal information about Kansas D.A.
23. * *Marc Dann (2008): Attorney General of Ohio, had an affair with a staffer.
24. * *David Paterson (2008): Admitted that both he and his wife had extramarital affairs
25. * *John Edwards (2008): Had an affair with a campaign employee while running for President.
26. * *Kwame Kilpatrick (2008): Text messaging sex scandal
27. * *Sam Adams (2009): Portland, OR mayor lied about relationship with 18-year-old male intern.
TALLY: 27

Republicans:
1. * *Tom Evans (1980): Along with other politicians, accused of being involved with lobbyist/former Playboy model Paula Parkinson.
2. * *Bob Bauman (1980): Solicited sex from a 16-year-old boy
3. * *Jon Hinson (1980): Caught attempting to have oral sex in a men's House restroom.
4. * *John G. Schmitz (1982): Had an affair that led to an out-of-wedlock child.
5. * *Dan Crane (1983): Reprimanded for having sex with a teenage House page.*
6. * *(Buz Lukens (1989): Spent time in jail after having sex with a 16-year-old girl.
7. * *Jon Grunseth (1990): Swam nude with group of 13-year-old girls; suspended gubernatorial run.
8. * *Ken Calvert (1993): Arrested while soliciting a prostitute.
9. * *Bob Packwood (1995): Resigned from Senate amid allegations of sexual harassment and abuse.
10. * *Bob Livingston (1998): Admitted to multiple extramarital affairs.
11. * *Helen Chenoweth-Hage (1998): Admitted to a six year affair with a married rancher in her home state of Idaho
12. * *Henry Hyde (1998): Admitted he'd had an affair many years prior
13. * *Rudy Giuliani (2002): Ex-wife Donna Hanover accused him of "notorious adultery"; he's now married to Judith Nathan, his girlfriend at the time.
14. * *Steve LaTourette (2003): Accused of affair with staffer, who he later married.
15. * *Jack Ryan (2004): Former wife Jeri claimed he took her to sex clubs and pressured her to have sex in public.
16. * *James West (2005): Removed as mayor of Spokane, WA after an gay Internet sex scandal.
17. * *Don Sherwood (2006): Affair with 29-year-old woman while he was a PA congressman.
18. * *Mark Foley (2006): Involved in a texting scandal with male House pages
19. * *Bob Allen (2007): Solicited oral sex from a male undercover cop.
20. * *Newt Gingrich (2007):Acknowledged having an affair in the 1990s
21. * *Charles Boutin (2007): Resigned from MD Public Service Comission after email exchanges with a prostitute surfaced.
22. * *David Vitter (2007): Part of the DC Madam scandal
23. * *Larry Craig (2007): Bathroom sex solicitation scandal.
24. * *Vito Fossella (2008): Affair with a retired Air Force lieutenant colonel.
25. * *John Ensign (2009): Admitted to having an affair with a married staffer.
26. * *Mark Sanford (2009): Affair with a woman in Argentina.
TALLY: 26

Last edited:

Forum List

Back