Anyone else notice?

And what do many use to guide their minds?

societal standards. both religious and non religious view in other words.

'societal standards' = morals Where do they come from?

both religious and non religious view in other words.

enjoying those literacy skills?

my morals have come from learning to treat people equally, not from some religious book telling me how to treat to people or discriminate against people. (i know youre trying to get someone to say morals come from religion) but those of us who arent religious obviously dont get out morals from there.

Science is superior to any myth.

To pretend that it is not true for religious purposes just makes someone irrational.

in your eyes TM...and you are entitled to such a sentiment.

But to refer to others as irrational for their beliefs is not appropriate in my eyes...but I would not refer to you as irrational for doing that.

And by the way...the ten plagues; the parting of the sea; all seemed like myths for years and defied science.

But as you may be aware, new "broad" thinking has opened the door to a few scientific possibilities as to how they actually may have happened.

Burning bush...a myth...defied science....until the discovery of a tree that lit afalme on its own due to a vocanic fissure.

Adam and Eve...a myth...or perhaps it refers to the first human that evolved from apes?

And with that missing link still not confirmed....evolution from Apes is still a theory....nearly confirmed but with one major link missing.

so are you saying that science has disproven faith because those things you listed were once attributed to religious power or beliefs?

people believe that moses parted the red sea. but now your saying nature did it. does that mean that moses was just a normal guy who happened to be at the right place at the right time?

with the burning bush, is it another case of being in the right place at the right time?

adam and eve, could be the first humans, but with no actual evidence that adam and eve existed, kinda far fetched. but if adam and ever were the first humans due to evolution, doesnt that disprove creationism? where is the proof that creationism existed?

you say that science has confirmed things in the bible, i see it that science has been able to disprove many acts that were taken on faith to be signs from god.

Per line one...

No. What I am saying is much that was labeled as myth by "non believers" very well may be factual and supported by science.

Yes, people believe that Moses (through God) parted the Red Sea. Many non believers denied that the Red Sea parted completely dispelling the whole "exodus" story and thuis referring to it as a Myth. However, science now shows how such actually may have happened..and yes, Moses was in the right place at the right time.

As for the burning bush...pretty much the same as above.

As for Adam and Eve,...you are correct, there is no evidence..and there is no evidence they did NOT exist.

But now for the fianle...

People called it myth at one time becuase it did not make scientific sense. However, now many things in the bible have been found to possibly HAVE happened scientifically.

But this does not ignore God and creation.

Those that believe in God, believe science is his creation. So when the sea parted, if it were scientifically impossible, I can see one seeing it as myth. But now tht we found it could be scientifically possible, perhaps it was God that applied his science to make it happen at the right time?

Who are we to deny such thinking?

societal standards. both religious and non religious view in other words.

my morals have come from learning to treat people equally, not from some religious book telling me how to treat to people or discriminate against people. (i know youre trying to get someone to say morals come from religion) but those of us who arent religious obviously dont get out morals from there.

Why do you instrinsically know that it is 'right' to treat people equally? What makes it right?

Why do you instrinsically know that it is 'right' to treat people equally? What makes it right?

Karl Marx said so.

Karl Marx said so.

:lol:

Do you understand that man originated as a pack animal?

The morals you speak of originated out of a collective need to help each other.

Its really no damned mystery

Per line one...

No. What I am saying is much that was labeled as myth by "non believers" very well may be factual and supported by science.

Yes, people believe that Moses (through God) parted the Red Sea. Many non believers denied that the Red Sea parted completely dispelling the whole "exodus" story and thuis referring to it as a Myth. However, science now shows how such actually may have happened..and yes, Moses was in the right place at the right time.

As for Adam and Eve,...you are correct, there is no evidence..and there is no evidence they did NOT exist.

People called it myth at one time becuase it did not make scientific sense. However, now many things in the bible have been found to possibly HAVE happened scientifically.

Those that believe in God, believe science is his creation. So when the sea parted, if it were scientifically impossible, I can see one seeing it as myth. But now tht we found it could be scientifically possible, perhaps it was God that applied his science to make it happen at the right time?

wait wait wait, god can not apply science. no one can apply science. science is defined as a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws. it is a study not an application of will or god. since god is based on faith, he can not be proven or will ever be proven to exist. (hence why it is a leap of faith) on the other hand, science may one day actual disprove that he exists. (see the god particle here: Higgs boson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

religion keeps changing its tune, everything time science is able to disprove something in the bible as an "act of god". just like everything you listed.

as for adam and eve, and your line "and there is no evidence they did NOT exist." how do you prove that something doesnt exist? its the other way around, you have to prove that something exists otherwise it simply does not. i can claim there is intelligent human beings on other planets, but until i can prove that they exist, they then claim is simply false. just like adam and eve. until you can prove that they existed scientifically, then they simply did not.

Do you understand that man originated as a pack animal?

The morals you speak of originated out of a collective need to help each other.

Its really no damned mystery

Who's morals are right, who gets to determine what is 'moral'?

Per line one...

wait wait wait, god can not apply science. no one can apply science. science is defined as a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws. it is a study not an application of will or god. since god is based on faith, he can not be proven or will ever be proven to exist. (hence why it is a leap of faith) on the other hand, science may one day actual disprove that he exists. (see the god particle here: Higgs boson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

religion keeps changing its tune, everything time science is able to disprove something in the bible as an "act of god". just like everything you listed.

as for adam and eve, and your line "and there is no evidence they did NOT exist." how do you prove that something doesnt exist? its the other way around, you have to prove that something exists otherwise it simply does not. i can claim there is intelligent human beings on other planets, but until i can prove that they exist, they then claim is simply false. just like adam and eve. until you can prove that they existed scientifically, then they simply did not.

What has science disproven that is in the Bible?

Forum List

Back