Anyone Care to Guess What Conservatives Would Say IF...

What conservatives would say if Obama failed to get Sgt Bergdahl repatriated...

• It's sad to say, but Sgt Bergdahl deserved to die because he was a deserter.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
These "would have" hypotheticals are really quite pointless. They're an exercise in partisanship, nothing more.

As C. S. Lewis pointed out as one of the "morals" of the Narnia books, we can never know what would have happened.

But that's not what happened was it ?

No, instead dumbshit Obama traded 5 high ranking jihadists for 1 deserter.

These "would have" hypotheticals are really quite pointless. They're an exercise in partisanship, nothing more.

As C. S. Lewis pointed out as one of the "morals" of the Narnia books, we can never know what would have happened.

I think the point is clear. All this conservative harping has little, if anything, to do with Sgt Bergdahl. It's simply an attempt to USE the Sgt's status, regardless of what it is, to criticize Obama. So, if Bergdahl was never released by the Taliban because Obama had refused to release the 5 men imprisoned at Gitmo, despite what conservatives are saying about that approach being the better course of action, they would STILL pummel Obama with it by saying that an American POW should be brought home instead of being left to languish and possibly die in Afghanistan just to hold on to a few Taliban who wouldn't affect the outcome of the war one way or the other. Then conservatives would run around the country tying yellow ribbons to trees like Tony Orlando and Dawn.

It's true, and EVERYONE knows it's true.

ah, crystal ball time

yes yes they know the minds of all we should be very afraid

I think the point is clear. All this conservative harping has little, if anything, to do with Sgt Bergdahl. It's simply an attempt to USE the Sgt's status, regardless of what it is, to criticize Obama. So, if Bergdahl was never released by the Taliban because Obama had refused to release the 5 men imprisoned at Gitmo, despite what conservatives are saying about that approach being the better course of action, they would STILL pummel Obama with it by saying that an American POW should be brought home instead of being left to languish and possibly die in Afghanistan just to hold on to a few Taliban who wouldn't affect the outcome of the war one way or the other. Then conservatives would run around the country tying yellow ribbons to trees like Tony Orlando and Dawn.

You may be right, but that doesn't make the ridiculous hypotheticals any more valid. Attempting a "gotcha" with hypotheticals looks silly.

Have you heard any conservatives wanting to release known terrorist in an exchange in the last 5yrs? I haven't. Why? Because it doesn't make sense. Only makes sense to a lib.

Anyone care to guess what conservatives would say if Obama didn't get Sgt Bergdahl repatriated and the Sgt was executed by the Taliban?

I suppose I could offer more than just two basic choices, but why make this difficult?

What have they said in the last 5 years that Bergdahl was with the Taliban? There is your answer.

You could have offered more answers, but why bother to be accurate when you can pretend that only extremists will disagree with Obama?

We don't deal with terrorists. At least we never used to. Did Obama even try anything else? We know that the radicals don't fear him after all he's done for them.

Last edited:

Setting up the pins then knocking them down yourself isn't very becoming or sporting.

Doing a deal is problematic unto itself,but doing a shitty deal on top of it sucks,Obama is a fool.

Conservative wouldn't be saying a darn thing about it because if Obama hadn't made this irresponsible and illegal deal, no one would have a clue who this guy was. After all, no one knew he was a POW till he was released in this deal should tell you exactly how conservatives would have reacted.

And it sure as heck shouldn't have prevented him from following the law he signed into existence and notifying Congress that he was going to do this.

But I guess nothing should impede herr dictator in doing whatever he wants regardless of sense or legality.

You may be right, but that doesn't make the ridiculous hypotheticals any more valid. Attempting a "gotcha" with hypotheticals looks silly.

Sometimes, perhaps. But in this case, I'm just keeping it real.

Conservative wouldn't be saying a darn thing about it because if Obama hadn't made this irresponsible and illegal deal, no one would have a clue who this guy was. After all, no one knew he was a POW till he was released in this deal should tell you exactly how conservatives would have reacted.

You didnt know? Should've used a hashtag

Forum List

Back