Anybody in the path?

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
I remember our Halloween storm, back in 1991.

Halloween Blizzard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wintry Storm to Spread October Snow Across U.S. Northeast - Businessweek

The agency posted winter storm warnings from West Virginia to New Hampshire. Parts of the region, including the Catskills, the mid-Hudson Valley in New York and the Berkshire Hills in Massachusetts, may receive as much as 12 inches of snow with some isolated areas getting 15 inches starting about noon tomorrow.

My oh my . . . it IS snowing here!
gaah.gif
I may have to go out and take some pics. What a sight it is with the leaves still on the trees to see snow falling. It's not sticking to anything yet. The ground is much too warm. It's supposed to snow through 9:00 p.m. tonight. It may be sticking at that point. I'm just grateful it's not yet. But, it sure looks beautiful falling against the greens, reds, yellows and oranges of the leaves.

Laie_15.gif
gotcha.gif

As I'm looking out the window I'm wondering why the Christmas decorations aren't down and put away and New Year's is over cause that's when we usually see this type of snow. Big, giant, wet snow has been coming down for about 2 hours or so. Oh and my head feels like death ....... dizzy as all and I'm feeling nauseous. Stupid weather.

Last edited:
Woke up to about 4-6 inches of snow overnight. Earliest snowfall since we moved here in 2004 I think.

• Banned
My oh my . . . it IS snowing here!
gaah.gif
I may have to go out and take some pics. What a sight it is with the leaves still on the trees to see snow falling. It's not sticking to anything yet. The ground is much too warm. It's supposed to snow through 9:00 p.m. tonight. It may be sticking at that point. I'm just grateful it's not yet. But, it sure looks beautiful falling against the greens, reds, yellows and oranges of the leaves.

Laie_15.gif
gotcha.gif

I'd love to see pictures if you get any. :)

• Banned
As I'm looking out the window I'm wondering why the Christmas decorations aren't down and put away and New Year's is over cause that's when we usually see this type of snow. Big, giant, wet snow has been coming down for about 2 hours or so. Oh and my head feels like death ....... dizzy as all and I'm feeling nauseous. Stupid weather.

Sorry about the sick. :( Feel better soon.

I prefer fall over all others. SOOOO beautiful. For me, winter means humidity so low that my nose leaves me. My lungs leave me in summer. So spring and fall are my best bets.

I'm dreaming of a White Halloween.

Jut like the ones I never knew.

Big fat snowflakes are falling in this 'burb north of the Big 'Ol City of NY. Been falling now for about an hour and change.

And they just keep on falling. Snow is lready starting to cover the road surfaces.

The snow wasn't supposed to start here until 10 p.m. tonight.

It is already weighing down the tree branches all covered still with leaves.

I hear the wind is coming, too. So, my unhappy prediction is power outages will be coming to a neighborhood near me -- too soon.

It is kind of pretty. But it's wrong.

Naturally, I blame Boooooosh.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Welp it's changed to a fine mist of some sort. Oh wait, now it's back to snow.

Here's a pick of our swamp maple in the back yard in June. A freak 20 minute wind storm broke a big branch off of the left side of the tree (notice how much thinner the left side is vs. the right side).

IMG_0281.jpg

Thanks to this freak October snow storm here's what we now have

IMG_0644.jpg

Poor swamp maple. :(

IMG_0645.jpg

Forum List

Back