I love trees

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Big part of why I live where I live. Somebody shared pictures of Arizona yesterday, and I thought "Beautiful pics, but I could never live where there are no trees."

I wouldn't do well without lakes, either. I need large bodies of water, readily available.

Of course, I'm a native Minnesotan, so between that and the four distinct seasons, I can't see ever leaving.

Are you a transplant, or are you from your own state, always and forever (and there shall you be buried!)

I'm no tree hugger, but I love trees as well! Birch, pine, maple, willows, magnolia ... I could go on.

This past April my family and I traveled down to mid Florida for vacation. Friends of ours recently bought a new house and we were staying with them. Their new home is beautiful even though they are cookie cutter and sit right next to the next and the next and the next, but there are few trees! Sure the palms are nice and everything, but when we flew back up north our trees up here were blooming with green! It was a welcoming breathtaking view from the plane ... one I would miss very much if I moved out of New England.

Born and raised I often think of moving south down the eastern seaboard, but I dunno. I hate the snow and ice and cold but I really think I would miss the beauty of New England.

Will I remain and be buried here? I may remain but will never be buried no matter where I live out my last days.

A friend of mine has a son going to college out at ASU. She shares pictures often and I always think .... where are all the trees?

I was over 30 before my age finally caught up with the number of places I'd lived.

I identify most with Oklahoma. Not a spectacular state but a little bit of everything.

Including trees. ( :

But I live in Wisconsin now, less than a mile from Lake Michigan .... and that's a wow site for sure. I might feel a little claustrophobic and long for wide open water if I moved back to Oklahoma now.

• Banned
I'm no tree hugger, but I love trees as well! Birch, pine, maple, willows, magnolia ... I could go on.

This past April my family and I traveled down to mid Florida for vacation. Friends of ours recently bought a new house and we were staying with them. Their new home is beautiful even though they are cookie cutter and sit right next to the next and the next and the next, but there are few trees! Sure the palms are nice and everything, but when we flew back up north our trees up here were blooming with green! It was a welcoming breathtaking view from the plane ... one I would miss very much if I moved out of New England.

Born and raised I often think of moving south down the eastern seaboard, but I dunno. I hate the snow and ice and cold but I really think I would miss the beauty of New England.

Will I remain and be buried here? I may remain but will never be buried no matter where I live out my last days.

A friend of mine has a son going to college out at ASU. She shares pictures often and I always think .... where are all the trees?

Good point! I am going to be cremated myself, and hopefully scattered over my grandparent's lake.

My bucket list is inclusive of seeing New England fall foliage. Maybe baby, someday.

• Banned
I was over 30 before my age finally caught up with the number of places I'd lived.

I identify most with Oklahoma. Not a spectacular state but a little bit of everything.

Including trees. ( :

But I live in Wisconsin now, less than a mile from Lake Michigan .... and that's a wow site for sure. I might feel a little claustrophobic and long for wide open water if I moved back to Oklahoma now.

I should think so!

You sound like my housemate on the "I've been everywhere, man!" front, inclusive of Oklahoma specifically. I'm your next-door neighbor, stealer of some football player whose name escapes me.

Yup trees are wonderful!

HardwoodsInc13.jpg

TREES

by: Joyce Kilmer (1886-1918)

THINK that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

Including trees. ( :

I should think so!

You sound like my housemate on the "I've been everywhere, man!" front, inclusive of Oklahoma specifically. I'm your next-door neighbor, stealer of some football player whose name escapes me.

I think his name was Buck. Buck Frett. Something like that. :lol:

Well if you love trees you should use more paper.
American and European paper companies since the 1980's have planted more trees than they have used...and not one acre of forest is depleted making paper.
Except Chinese paper. China doesn't give a rats ass about forest.

Including trees. ( :

I should think so!

Yes! Barney Frank. Thank you.

No wait. Derp. Barney Fife. Right?

I should think so!

Yes! Barney Frank. Thank you.

No wait. Derp. Barney Fife. Right?

Barney Fwank would pervert a tree if given a chance :eek:

Big part of why I live where I live. Somebody shared pictures of Arizona yesterday, and I thought "Beautiful pics, but I could never live where there are no trees."

I wouldn't do well without lakes, either. I need large bodies of water, readily available.

Of course, I'm a native Minnesotan, so between that and the four distinct seasons, I can't see ever leaving.

Are you a transplant, or are you from your own state, always and forever (and there shall you be buried!)

I have held drivers licenses from:

Florida
Minnesota
North Dakota
Texas
Washington
Wisconsin
And I spent 12 years on this planet in Colorado, too young to drive.​

I have held drivers licenses from:

Florida
Minnesota
North Dakota
Texas
Washington
Wisconsin
And I spent 12 years on this planet in Colorado, too young to drive.​

MINNESOTA!! Did you love us? Were we everything you hoped we'd be, and more?

:lol:

CIMG0969.jpg

Must have greenery. Shrubbery.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xvvvJ7hvo8]Shrubbery - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back