Any voting problems observed?

Kentucky

Nov 1, 2004
There has been so much concern about possible voter fraud or other voting problems, I thought it might be useful to get some actual observational data.

With that in mind, has anyone here personally experienced or seen any voting problems (other than longer than normal waiting times or other issues related to the heavy turnout). Specifically, have any of you seen evidence of fraud, intimidation, challenges to voters, etc?

If so, please post the nature of the problem, the location (at least the state).

For myself, I saw none in Kentucky this morning.

only problem ive seen is my sisters registration thing was accidently given to the wrong person to sign. they are fixing that though.

Kentucky said:
There has been so much concern about possible voter fraud or other voting problems, I thought it might be useful to get some actual observational data.

With that in mind, has anyone here personally experienced or seen any voting problems (other than longer than normal waiting times or other issues related to the heavy turnout). Specifically, have any of you seen evidence of fraud, intimidation, challenges to voters, etc?

If so, please post the nature of the problem, the location (at least the state).

For myself, I saw none in Kentucky this morning.

It's times like this I like living in a small town.

I went in a little before noon. I believe there were two people voting and one just finishing up and there was no line. I immediately got my ballot, voted, and was leaving just as a few people on their lunch break were trickling in. Nobody standing outside waving signs or trying to intimidate anybody. My biggest problem was having to park a little way down the block. Compare that to whats going on in Philadelphia and Ohio and I consider myself very lucky.

Northern VA....and all good! For a minute, I thought there be a brawl at the cafeteria....no air conditioning, and a woman standing there with her "Fire Bush" pin....people nodding and joking....and in walks a guy with a T shirt that said,"Kerry has no Class, Teresa has no Class: Vote W '04"

There were some very upset people, but for the most part everyone just nodded and joked. I have opbserved that most liberals have no sense of humor when it comes to criticism of their candidate, but they are fully supportive of bashing the opposition.

I just saw a story on the news about a woman who went in to vote,and an absentee ballot had allready been sent in for her,but it wasn't her that sent it in. She didn'teven get to vote!!! Poor lady!!

We had a problem here in Colorado...
One of the electorial judges left the machine in the car overnight,
and it screwed it all up. I had to submit a manual vote.
also will not get counted for a while.

Forum List

Back