Moore Rally Turns To Clash

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
http://tampatrib.com/floridametronews/MGBZWUPM11E.html

TAMPA - A political street theater scene with shouting matches between supporters of George W. Bush and John Kerry erupted near Hyde Park late Monday when filmmaker Michael Moore showed up for a speech.
Moore, famous for his anti- Bush film ``Fahrenheit 9/11,'' accompanied by Roseanne Barr, spoke to volunteers for MoveOn.org.

In the parking lot of a closed gas station surrounded by a chain-link fence on Azeele Street, he told a crowd of about 200 that he'll have hundreds of amateur and professional videographers on hand in Florida on Election Day to document voter complaints.

``The cameras will come there and record that fraud,'' he said. ``They won't get away with it this time'' - referring to the 2000 election, which Moore says Republicans stole.

About two dozen or so Bush supporters came from the nearby GOP headquarters, and chanting contests and shouting matches ensued, first across Howard Avenue, then face-to-face through the fence.

``Four more years,'' chanted the Bush supporters.

``One more day,'' responded the Moore backers.

Speaking through a bullhorn, Moore told the protesters, ``If this were a Bush rally, you'd all be in the paddy wagon by now.''

But he said he had ``good news'' for Republicans - ``When we clean up the air and water Bush has dirtied, we'll let Republicans breathe the air and drink the water. ... And even though some might consider you a little strange, after Jan. 20 [inauguration day], Republicans will be able to marry each other.''

The Bush crowd, which included two retired Marines in dress uniforms, yelled, ``Freak show!'' and ``Go home!'' Moore backers responded, ``Bush is a deserter!''

The scene slowed traffic. Horns blew, supporting one side or the other or in anger over the traffic snarl, and tires squealed.

Shortly after Moore left, the Bush supporters did also, except for Danielle Platzer, a University of Tampa sophomore, who stood alone across Howard Avenue in the gathering darkness waving a sign, refusing entreaties from her friends to ``come have a glass of sangria.''

Platzer said she missed the deadline to vote absentee in her home in New Jersey.

``I'm going to stay here and try to do something instead,'' she said.

Anyone else think its funny that Moore and his cronies cant count? i mean even if Kerry somehow wins today. President Bush will be in office for the nect two months.

Anyone else think its funny that Moore and his cronies cant count? i mean even if Kerry somehow wins today. President Bush will be in office for the next two months.
I never paid attention to that but now that you mention it :rotflmao:

-Cp said:
http://tampatrib.com/floridametronews/MGBZWUPM11E.html

TAMPA - A political street theater scene with shouting matches between supporters of George W. Bush and John Kerry erupted near Hyde Park late Monday when filmmaker Michael Moore showed up for a speech.
Moore, famous for his anti- Bush film ``Fahrenheit 9/11,'' accompanied by Roseanne Barr, spoke to volunteers for MoveOn.org.

LOL - Porky and Petunia Pig.

These two have about as much business or credibility at a political rally as they would have as motivational speakers at a weight loss clinic.

Anyone else think its funny that Moore and his cronies cant count? i mean even if Kerry somehow wins today. President Bush will be in office for the nect two months.

The 'one more day' had to do with how many more days it was until Bush was voted out of office, not when he actually leaves office.

Forum List

Back