Any Volvo owners here?

Don't all liberals own a Volvo and a pair of Birkenstock's at one point or another in their lives?

Don't all liberals own a Volvo and a pair of Birkenstock's at one point or another in their lives?
Ha. That was fast. You probably drive a leased Subaru.

23160.jpg

I need a truck where I live....

Well, i ain't no bunny kissing lib, and both me and the missus have used Volvos. Hers has 300k+, mine, 160k. Great fucking cars, and mine will handle less than ideal conditions.
2005_volvo_xc70_cross_country-pic-4831312265744325633-1600x1200.jpeg

Hers:
1200px-Volvo_850_sedan.jpg

Fuck that Detroit garbage!

2011 C70 with 29K miles on it. Yeah, I own a Volvo, can you believe it? :)

It was one of the few hard top/convertibles on the market that I actually liked the looks.

Well, i ain't no bunny kissing lib, and both me and the missus have used Volvos. Hers has 300k+, mine, 160k. Great fucking cars, and mine will handle less than ideal conditions.
2005_volvo_xc70_cross_country-pic-4831312265744325633-1600x1200.jpeg

Hers:
1200px-Volvo_850_sedan.jpg

Fuck that Detroit garbage!
I like retro vehicles.

m3_stuart_04_of_25.jpg

Had two Volvos over the years.

At the time they were far better than the rust-bait being built in America.

Even at that, the first one was underpowered but otherwise gave good service over about three years and 60,000 miles - a Model 142 door sedan. Traded it up to newer model with a somewhat more powerfu lB20b engine to pull a small utility trailer.

Bad mistake.

Couldn't keep spark plugs in it. 4,000 miles and fouled. Tried regular, hi-test, low-lead, no lead - all the same. Consulted with three different dealers service departments and techs at Volvo "zone" offices. No solutions. Finally sold it off after 2-years with about 40,000 miles. Got a used Ford Futura with a 289 V8 - Powerful, damn good looking, and engine was going strong at 140,000 plus miles when my needs changed. I miss that Ford like a really nice old girlfriend. I miss that last Volvo like I'd miss a case of piles.

Former Volvo owner, and I emphasize "former", as in "why didn't I learn the first time?"

However the first one, while it ran, was pretty fuggin' cool....

32dd5f91d3e48e4a3935972e060ddf12.jpg

volvo-p1800-s_12530.jpg

A facsimile but mine looked like it (didn't have wire wheels). I had a '62.

Those not in the know would ask me if if it was a Karmann-Ghia. It was rare enough that when I encountered another one we'd wave with a "hail P1800 well met'.

I remember it had a light on the dash to indicate when it was in ovedrive and the light was crimson.

Amazingly, a car just like this holds the world record for mileage. Guy named Irv Gordon has a '66 that he's put over three million miles on
shakehead.gif

My transmisson went (even though it was a stick) and I don't remember how many miles it had but wasn't that much. I put over 400k on a Saturn but have never eqalled that, except for possibly a '62 Valiant that was impossible to tell how many times the odometer had flipped over.

Former Volvo owner, and I emphasize "former", as in "why didn't I learn the first time?"

volvo-p1800-s_12530.jpg

Those not in the know would ask me if if it was a Karmann-Ghia. It was rare enough that when I encountered another one we'd wave with a "hail P1800 well met'.

I remember it had a light on the dash to indicate when it was in ovedrive and the light was crimson.

Amazingly, a car just like this holds the world record for mileage. Guy named Irv Gordon has a '66 that he's put over three million miles on
shakehead.gif

My transmisson went (even though it was a stick) and I don't remember how many miles it had but wasn't that much. I put over 400k on a Saturn but have never eqalled that, except for possibly a '62 Valiant that was impossible to tell how many times the odometer had flipped over.

I always liked those old Volvos. Cool looking car. My Mom had a '62 Valiant, with the push button transmission. That car never wanted to die. We ended up giving it to a relative.

I'll take Jap vehicles over em all.
Reasonably priced and tough as nails.
Here's a picture of my truck that comes up as a red square now for some reason...you'll have to use your imagination.
i-SGwFKBD-L.jpg

One of the happiest days of my life was when I walked away from my much loathed Volvo S70 because the repairs were going to cost more than the car was worth.

volvo-p1800-s_12530.jpg

shakehead.gif

i had a 1969 p1800

looked like a million bucks

drove like a volvo :lol:

had 82k on it when a tree jumped out in front of it

Had two Volvos over the years.

At the time they were far better than the rust-bait being built in America.

Even at that, the first one was underpowered but otherwise gave good service over about three years and 60,000 miles - a Model 142 door sedan. Traded it up to newer model with a somewhat more powerfu lB20b engine to pull a small utility trailer.

Bad mistake.

Couldn't keep spark plugs in it. 4,000 miles and fouled. Tried regular, hi-test, low-lead, no lead - all the same. Consulted with three different dealers service departments and techs at Volvo "zone" offices. No solutions. Finally sold it off after 2-years with about 40,000 miles. Got a used Ford Futura with a 289 V8 - Powerful, damn good looking, and engine was going strong at 140,000 plus miles when my needs changed. I miss that Ford like a really nice old girlfriend. I miss that last Volvo like I'd miss a case of piles.
We are going back a few decades, no? Things have changed a bit.

One of the happiest days of my life was when I walked away from my much loathed Volvo S70 because the repairs were going to cost more than the car was worth.

Same with the wife's Benz.
The thing became a money pit.

Indeed. Few things in life are worse than pouring money into a car one doesn't even like. :)

I am now an ecstatic Subaru owner.

Here's a picture of my truck that comes up as a red square now for some reason...you'll have to use your imagination.
i-SGwFKBD-L.jpg
The red X means the link is no longer valid, i.e. the image has been moved or deleted at the source. Find another image of the same vehicle.

i-SGwFKBD-L.jpg
The red X means the link is no longer valid, i.e. the image has been moved or deleted at the source. Find another image of the same vehicle.

It's the same images I've used for years on USMB coming from smugmug.
I've contacted smugmug to see if their acquisition of flickr has any thing to do with it.

Forum List

Back