any T. Rex/Marc Bolan fans in here 'sides me...?

I haven't heard this song in forever. :thup:
Used to spin that vinyl to death on my Panasonic portable.

One o' my faves.

imho, "Electric Warrior" belongs in the pantheon of greatest rock albums of all time...

btw... back in the early 70's, it was on the short stack next to the turntable for when me and my lady got nekkid, all hot 'n bothered... :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-fYAZ0Uwyc]5. Lean woman blues - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Ahh the 70's. Better music, cheaper drugs, safer sex.

early 70's was indeed the best of times...

a four-finger lid of primo Mexican shit went for ten bucks...

and the term "STD" hadn't been invented yet...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hvWLSdY56I]T. Rex - Planet Queen - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Sophomore in high school- our English class had a unit on contempory issues including music.

Teacher asked if someone could bring in a record player and some music. I volunteered.

I treated the class to this album. :thup:

Sophomore in high school- our English class had a unit on contempory issues including music.

Teacher asked if someone could bring in a record player and some music. I volunteered.

I treated the class to this album. :thup:

you rock, Mr. H... :thup:

Fuck yeah.

My older brothers either got kicked out of the house or left on their own accord. Not enough food to go around with seven kids. (What can I say- Obama wasn't President then)

Anyhow- this was 1970. They each told me to take care of their record collections and to NOT under any circumstance give them or sell them away.

So in the ensuing years, I listened...

Fuck yeah.

My older brothers either got kicked out of the house or left on their own accord. Not enough food to go around with seven kids. (What can I say- Obama wasn't President then)

Anyhow- this was 1970. They each told me to take care of their record collections and to NOT under any circumstance give them or sell them away.

So in the ensuing years, I listened...

so... you were the baby of the family...?

lucky you... I was the oldest of seven... the "experimental model"...

always envied the younger siblings... parents finally sorta figured out what to do by the time they arrived...

I was the middle of 7, (and the only left-hander). :D

Dad kicked the bucket in '67. I was 12. By the time the older bro's left, I was the male head of household at 14. Got a part-time job in high school, making $1.10/hr. and helped pay for groceries and clothes. My younger bro dealt weed in order to contribute to the cause.

We were Republicans then. We're Republicans now. Fiercly independent.

I'd rather go hungry than suck up to the Liberal agenda. Fuck the slaggers.

Dad kicked the bucket in '67. I was 12. By the time the older bro's left, I was the male head of household at 14. Got a part-time job in high school, making $1.10/hr. and helped pay for groceries and clothes. My younger bro dealt weed in order to contribute to the cause.

wow...

my story ain't nearly as compelling as yours...

btw, of all us kids, No. 4 (the middle kid) was the one most prone to angry outbursts at the drop of a hat...

and he's still like that...

none of us has ever been able to quite figure out why he's that way...

wow...

my story ain't nearly as compelling as yours...

btw, of all us kids, No. 4 (the middle kid) was the one most prone to angry outbursts at the drop of a hat...

and he's still like that...

none of us has ever been able to quite figure out why he's that way...

LOL. I too was the compulsive hot-head. My favorite vent was "God Damn Fucker Shit".

To this day one of my childhood friends calls me GDFS.

Funny you mention No. 4. That's what my dad called me.

Forum List

Back