any questions about Iran?

You believe all that from Iran getting nukes? The opposite would happen. The Iraqis, Jordanians, Egyptians, Saudi Arabians, UAE (who have territory disputes with Iran), Turks and even Sunni Syrians would be more fearful of an atomic Iran, bringing them closer to the West and America. Iran would get isolated more than she is now!

Oh the Black gold! Inventors in the west are working night and day to get an electric car. Ford is rolling out the first all electric car - the Volt! How long before the other big Two (after the bailout) and the Japanese 2 follow suit? France is producing the first compress air cars, Israel is starting the transformation for gas stations to electric power stations. Soon the black gold will be fool's gold. Seems like the world is finally moving that direction. America will being sending Iran, Saudia Arabia, Russia, Venezuela and OPEC an economic nuclear bomb. Only the UAE is smart enough to start preparing for that day!

we'll see!

I hope Khatami runs and wins again. I listen to a speech he made and he seems very level headed and highly intellectual. I think Obama and Khatami could do some good btw the 2 countries!

I like that approach, although '48 lines are not the discussion, rather the '67 lines are!

that's really up to two nations to decide what lines, even they can agree on new lines, but I fully support peace between them in any possible way. that war is hurting everyone including both Israel and Palestine.

I honestly don't know, they are extremely radical hate-mongers on both sides, I think the first thing to do is to deport all the extremists from both nations, and then they can go ahead with a peace plan.

the extremists will never allow peace..war is too profitable for them

Yep, I heard that Alamnutjob has done for the Iranian conservative party what GWB has done for the Republican party! As the reformer just took the Parliament and Ali Larjami, a reformer, just became Speaker! However, can't the Ayatollahs disqualify whoever they want from running in the elections?

no they can't. people will fight for their will, this is a revolutionary country. no one dares to dictate his will on the nation. also, disqualifying a candidate happens according to law, they can't just disqualify anyone they don't like.

Is it true that Iran is really controlled by Islamic clerics and that democracy in Iran is a farce?

I'll call it a semi democracy, but it's in the way of getting better. not the other way. the country is now so much more moderate than 20 years ago and people are getting more freedoms. we all have hope, and we will work hard to achieve an ideal state.

I'll call it a semi democracy, but it's in the way of getting better. not the other way. the country is now so much more moderate than 20 years ago and people are getting more freedoms. we all have hope, and we will work hard to achieve an ideal state.
So is the answer "Yes, the Muslim clerics really are in charge. We want them gone, but that is how it is right now."?

nope, not like that, people of Iran has the right to choose from candidates of all parties in parliamentary and presidential elections, but if someone is not well-known, and has opposite views to the government, most likely he won't get anywhere. but if people know someone, then it's really hard to ban him without consequences.

this are good thing,why dont this b e done long time befojr?Presiident Carter h e go to Palestine an d Israel i n few days, d o you think President carter can help i n sovereign states?

NO! Nothing will happen until Israel and Hamas sit at the same table (things might still not happen, but its a start)!

what does iran export? i have visions of silks and stuff beyond what i can imagine....most of the iranians here..tend to say they are from persia....counting on american ignorance of geography..works most of the time...

A person who things the Iranians are Arabs, is now claiming more knowledge on the M.E.! Amazing

what have i claimed..that the extremists on both side will never allow peace...i think that is a pretty solid claim.....you have the "right of return" and then the west bank settlers....do you see peace coming from either of those problems....if anyone knows the me...i would mostly guess it would be jillian...

what does iran export? i have visions of silks and stuff beyond what i can imagine....most of the iranians here..tend to say they are from persia....counting on american ignorance of geography..works most of the time...

Iran was originally called Persia. Have you seen 300? That was the Great Persian Empire! Iranians are ethnically Persians!

what have i claimed..that the extremists on both side will never allow peace...i think that is a pretty solid claim.....you have the "right of return" and then the west bank settlers....do you see peace coming from either of those problems....if anyone knows the me...i would mostly guess it would be jillian...

Sharon was what you would have called as an extremist, but removed the settlers from Gaza. Every last one of them!

Forum List

Back